Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 11:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

RFO Phillipines OPEN BETA

Discussion on RFO Phillipines OPEN BETA within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Credits to "OrleanKnight" for writing the guide, i just copied it...!

Philippines OPEN BETA - Download, Install, Play!
(Philippines Version is in English)

This thread contains EVERYTHING you want to know about the Philippines OPEN BETA test of Rising Force Online; such as the dates you can play and step by step instructions on how to download the client and install it properly. However, it's very important that you read all the instructions, because you can quickly get yourself in a bind when attempting to patch this version of the game.

As of November 22nd 2005 - The Following Countries have been IP BLOCKED from playing RF Online Philippines OPEN BETA.

North America, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Japan, & China.

IP Block means that players from these regions will not be able to access the game.

However, regions not listed can still access the game, BUT since most internet traffic to the Philippines is routed through the United States, players who wish to play RF Online must follow a few more instructions on getting the game started.

When Can I Play?

Foreign IPs will still be allowed to access RFO-Ph until January 9th 2006. Please follow the following steps to have your connection restored.

1. Do a traceroute to

To do a trace route:
On Windows:
Go to start -> run -> type in "cmd" (without quotes)

Once the dos prompt loads type tracert

Press Enter

You must take a screenshot of the Trace Route results, provided you use a screenshot program to do it. Save it as a JPG.

2. Send the traceroute results and JPG to Level Up by filing a ticket at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenne

LevelUp when send you an email requesting:

- Username:
- Full Name:
- Telephone Number:
- Email address:
- ISP:
- Operating System:
Note that you will also need to submit your static IP address. If you have a dynamic IP address (ie. it changes everytime your restart your modem/router or at a given time) you will need to associate your dynamic IP with an address like yourname.dyndns.org. Go to for more info on how to do it. NO, THIS IS NOT A PROXY!

To sum things a bit.

1. Do a trace route to as described in OP.
2. Take a screenshot of that trace route as described in OP. Remember that the file extension MUST be in lower case!
---> Correct example: filename.jpg
---> Incorrect example: filename.JPG
3. Open a ticket at their support .
4. State that you would like your connection restored.
5. Submit the screenshot of the trace route. (With proper casing)
6. Submit your static IP address. (Got dynamic? Read above on how to get a static hostname.)
7. Submit this information:
- Username:
- Full Name:
- Telephone Number:
- Email address:
- ISP:
- Operating System:
Doing those 7 steps will save you from getting asked to give them more information. It will also save both you and them alot of time.

One more thing. When you create a ticket at their support you´ll be given a code that you can enter along with your email to see the status of your ticket. Please go check it once in a while because I think their POP3 server is semi-broken. I didnt recieve a "Ticket XXXXX STATUS: CLOSED-INCOMPLETE" email for my second ticket. But when I enter my ticket code at their support page I can see its been closed. So be sure to check it out once in a while.

Where Do I Download?

Getting yours hands on the Philippines Client is easy enough, however it could be a time consuming process depending on your connection speed and the kind of download you choose. For starters, the Client is 1.37gigs in size and it's highly suggested you place it in a Harddrive will at least 10gigs of free space. This is to not only store the .exe, but to install the game, and still have plenty of room left for updates and extra space for smoother game performance.

Bittorrent is a peer-to-peer download client, and greatly depends on your peers uploading and connection rates. I suggest downloading a client called BitComet first and then clicking the link below to download the Bittorrent version.

***This may take a great deal of time either way, but when you finally obtain the .exe file, please continue to the Installation instructions below. It's VERY IMPORTANT you read the instructions before opening the .exe file for the first time. ***

Installation Instructions
Remember, it's very important you follow these step-by-step.

1. The first thing you must do is change your computer's clock to Hong Kong time. Simply double-click the clock at the bottum right hand corner of the screen, select Time Zone (GMT+08:00) Beijing, and press OK.
2. Open the folder where the downloaded file is located and double-click on RF_PHILIPPINES.EXE. If you used BitComet, you'll find it in the BitComet directory under Downloads.
3. Select the Directory you wish to install in and proceed with the setup. It may take several minutes to complete.
4. When complete, a RF Online Directory will appear in your start menu. Select RF Online > RFLauncher
5. The RFLauncher will automatically begin downloading Patches, however you will not be able to see much progress. Patching takes several minutes, so it's best to step away from the computer and ignore it. It can take up to 30 minutes to fully patch, if it has not progressed in that time, restart the program and try again.
6. Have your clock set to (GMT+08:00) Beijing whenever you play the game.

***If perhaps you get an Error telling you to Re-Install the game, you did not follow the steps properly!***
Old 12/21/2005, 13:40   #2

elite*gold: 0
Its not restricted to only japan, america, china, united kingdoms and taiwan, but philippines ppl.

Quote:
Agent :* Rhaine Hanz Gayafranca
Date Posted :* 21/12/2005 23:52 pm
Response Description :*
Hello Kusarigama,

Thank you for writing to Level Up! Customer Support.

Please be informed that, out of courtesy to other territories' RF Online publishers (like Codemasters, who operate for UK and North America) and by request of RF Online's developer, CCR, Level-Up! has restricted access to Philippines servers by players in other territories. Your respective territories' publishers will make RF Online available to you based on their own timetable, which Level-Up! Inc. is not privy to it. We hope you enjoyed your brief experience with us, and trust you understand that we owe publishers their courtesy.

Thank you for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

WHAT'S NEW?
RF Online now in OPEN BETA (Nov 18 - Jan 09, 2005)
No More Account Wipes!