Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 10:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Discussion on New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Hey guys, so a while back I told you guys that I was intending on making a new shaiya based game completely from scratch. Well, it’s about that time to let you guys see a bit of what’s been going on. This is Ascended, it’s a Shaiya based PvPvE MMORPG. It consists of 4 factions what will separate into two sides. The factions are fire, water, wind, and earth. The fire and wind factions will be able to play with each other while the water and earth factions will pair up and play together.

The skills and classes will be very similar as well as the pvp system. However, there will be all new animations for the skills as well as the skill effects. Skills while similar to previous versions will be completely new. Each faction will have 3 classes in which they can select from, allowing for players to have access to a total of 12 playable classes. Ascended will have all new content when it comes to maps, skills, abilities, leveling, quest, story lines and several different areas as well.

Ok well the video is finally done. Soon we will be posting on Kick Starter as well to generate funds to help with full launch. Please join us on Facebook and help us get this game out to the public. Thank you all again for time and let me know what you think about game.

facebook

NEW GAME ENGINE and here is video we will post the char vids with animations very soon.

Due to the conversion from fraps to the movie maker then the post up on youtube the shading has become intensely dark we will work on fixing the lighting settings to be one for recording to show you guys our progress and the actual game lighting which we firmly believe you all will appreciate.

The next map that we build out for the Fire & Wind nations will blow you guys away and we are looking to publically release it on this friday, Sept. 28th.

Ascended is built on a new game engine with our own scripting, database and security. We've weighted, framed and animated everything from scratch. Players will be able to play with high quality visual effects without suffering from a large amount of lag or delay on the client side. This is thanks to our game engines ability to render only a certain amount around you while the rest of the items in the scene show up as a jpeg image until you are within range of that item. Since this is created on a new game engine NO cheats or hacks from any previous versions will be successful here. We will have a large majority of our files based off of our server as well so that the minimal amount will be presented to the players on the client side to help ensure security and prevent potential exploits.

Players will also have the ability to directly influence the direction of the game in some aspects. Every few months we will take information that the players directly have shown through gameplay or the forums and plug it into the game as a quest or storyline. Players may go onto the forums and create fan fiction stories based off of the character that they intend to play once the game is launched. Players will also have the ability to participate in a revolutionary aspect of gaming. Players will now be able to have their actual face in reality transformed onto their in game character. So the option will be there for anyone to personalize their own characters and have it embody a part of them.

If you're able to present a great storyline while we are still in the process of creating some of our quest lines then you just might be lucky enough to have your story presented in the game Ascended.

First off start with a story that can tie into the game. It can relate to the game directly or have a general flow of direction into the game. It can be anything revolving around war, factions, elements, the sky is the limit. As long as it has some basis for a potential story line then it can be considered.

This example is written off of a thought that's involving a soldier who had to go off to war. During this time before the final battle against a major enemy he writes a letter to his lover. This is a good example because it leave so much for interpertation while still providing a large amount of detail with the content itself.

This allows for us to take a major spin on that and blend it into the general direction and story line of Ascended. Here is the example:

*****************Example******************

To my dearest love Victoria Lynn,

I fear that the time has come for me to conclude these foolish sentimental segments in our lives. For when the sun raises from its routine ritual of slumbers, I shall be embarking on my hindmost duty. Sadly, it shall not be one that guarantees my return into your arms once again but rather solidifies my meeting with the boat keeper as he entertains me across the River of Styx. Is it not ironic how in these final hours of the starlight, what comes across my mind the most are the memories of our childhood days? Do you recall those times in school where we first met conducting reviews of each other’s papers about our dreams and ambitions? Those were the days when I first learned how to write anything of importance, and now here I lay writing what may be the most important part of literature in this brief moment of time known as my life. I pray that the postman shall deliver this piece of my soul to you with such haste as if he were Pheidippides himself.

For some reason, writing to me has always seemed as if it were an escape. As if my soul were set adrift amongst the Caribbean seas or wandering across the golden wheat fields of Montana. Even now in these harsh times, I find it as if it were the only way to bring me close to you and escape this hell that lays before me. As if I were a bird soaring through the skies, my words and thoughts flow onto this page as if it were the wind soaring beneath my wings. There for a moment then instantly gone once again. Its comforting presence ever so constant and effortless. I wish that I had more time to write to you my love, as these words seem to sweep from my mind to the page simply by escaping my dreams. You always loved me because I was a dreamer and sometimes it feels as if only here in my letters do my wildest imaginations become reality. Only here can I be with you again my dear sweet Victoria.

I know not if you feel the same as I do but when I’m near you it seems as if I can’t breathe… almost as if the air from deep within my chest were swept out in a manner much like a thundering wave crashing upon the gentle sands of a beach. But here, my love, in these letters there lay no St. Peter, Malik nor Celtic Dragons. Only my bare and naked soul presented to you as who I truly am with no hesitation or embarrassment. No fear or interruptions, but quite simply just me, the man you
that you have come to call your own, your love, your soul mate. When my visions become clouded and I’m at a loss of words, all that I must do is remember that this might possibly be the last time that I share myself with you. As these sheets draw the ink from this pen as a sword draws blood from the flesh, at times its easy and at others its painful. Here I do not dare hold back. I allow my mind to flow carelessly without fear of rejection or denial. And if for some reason I am at a loss of words to say, all that I need to do is step away and take a moment to breathe and realize this moment in time is truly precious and the words return to me once again. And now it seems as if the arms of these silent stars are slowly dancing into the beautiful sea of blue and orange hues from the awaking sun. This is my soul in words, my heart on paper; in this letter I give to you my all, my everything, to you my only one, my dearest love… Victoria Lynn.

Forever and truly yours,

-Alio Rufus

With this you can spin it off anyway that's necessary. You can make it so that he died, or that he was captured or fighting with the other faction now and you have to go and fight him. The possibilities are endless... This is an example of how it'll look like in the game:

After the quest is accepted it will appear in your upper right corner to be displayed for you to see. As you complete the stages of the quest it will update and show you the next steps of the quest. Here is an example of how the quest log will look on your screen.

And so ladies and gents, that's that. Best of luck for all entries please create a new topic and label what your story is about. Remember that you can create multiple entries there is no limit as to how often anyone may enter. We will have polls up as well so that after we select the top few stories and fan fiction the players, YOU, can vote on what you guys would like to see in the game.

*********Remember*************

This is a gamer's game. We have created the concepts, generated the models, created the maps and layouts, written the scripts. We have the ability to modifiy and change it however we want. So all those players from private servers that have a large amount of players, if you want to have all of your players come and play together we do have the ability to create a new faction for you and your players to play together. Factions will have their own distinct gear and looks. A unique story line will be applied to them as well to tie into the main story line of Ascended. It will then truly be your own faction in a game!

Also, we will have castle sieges and Rifting!

You will be able to rift back and forth between the dual faction maps. For example, Morbis, which will be the map for earth and water, will be able to be invaded by Fire and Wind. We will not have rifting in the intial starter maps to prevent PK and camping on new/lower lvl players.

For castle sieges you will need the support of your entire nation as you try to over take a fortress. Siege or defend depending on the situation you may find yourself on the wrong side of that battle if you come unprepared!

Forums Link:

Test Subject's Official YouTube Page:

Official Ascended Site:

for anyone who wants to see that it is on a new engine made from us
MoCap video
Thanks
54 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 18:34   #2

WoW this is gonna be awesome.. ema try this one
Old 09/18/2012, 18:50   #3

No words! i just have 1 question how many you work on that project?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/18/2012, 18:56   #4

elite*gold: 23
Wow , That was pretty epic , Good , Good! ,I love it , Ill surely give a try!
Old 09/18/2012, 19:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murik13 View Post
No words! i just have 1 question how many you work on that project?
There are three of us from start Myself, Alio, and Scruple. We have gotten adviced and help from many over the last year. We also have Dev Lube working on new website to interact with database.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 19:07   #6

elite*gold: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
Just 3 of us.
Wow just 3 , That was epic , anyway , we don't need to farm right? just choose gear/wep etc in char screen and go go? or ...?
Old 09/18/2012, 19:10   #7

Received Thanks: 1,407
O_O
DaFuq...you shocked me.
That's epic. Keep up th work. Wanna try this server soon. So hurry up :3
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/18/2012, 19:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FeaRs- View Post
Wow just 3 , That was epic , anyway , we don't need to farm right? just choose gear/wep etc in char screen and go go? or ...?
Well yes there is some farming and Questing. We build all new Quest lines and developed new Mobs and Maps. Plus the skill set is a little different and it will be nice to give people time to learn it.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 19:15   #9

so how many left to open server fully?
Old 09/18/2012, 19:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murik13 View Post
so how many left to open server fully?
We will open server in a month or less for testing. When we see that all is well we will go live and give bonus packs for testers.
I will post here to keep all informed and we will be adding the other faction map on youtube this week as well. Every few days we will add things including npc's mob's skill animations bla bla for all to see.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 19:20   #11

so we are all waiting for it!
Old 09/18/2012, 19:34   #12

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
wow thats what i call rly unique creating ur own engine wtf never saw some1 doing that **** before! ö.Ö be sure OS will behind u / will offer u work for them or stuff like that.
rly awsome job. just one prob the link to our site isnt working with epvpers like it seems we cant open the link ofc ö.ö
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 19:39   #13

Received Thanks: 1,066
Despite what hard work has been done here and me respecting that all I say is be careful.
You are using files that were not created by you and naming them as your own.
You could be looking at one heavy lawsuit here...
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 20:11   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
Despite what hard work has been done here and me respecting that all I say is be careful.
You are using files that were not created by you and naming them as your own.
You could be looking at one heavy lawsuit here...
We are not using any files from anyone but ourselfs and we rebuild all graphics incuding framing, weighting and animations from scratch. When we go live it will be all our graphics that we made as well this is beta map only for testing.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 20:14   #15

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
he meant that the basic files are still from shaiya OS...