Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Client Bot

Discussion on Client Bot within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Client Bot

Hey,
I would like to know if someone tried to make a client bot? Because i tried to find some functions but I didn't succeed. It looks not easy :/

A client Bot would be cool, because you could run Hero in the backround.
Old 11/12/2009, 16:46   #2

a clientless bot or similar like my schlatterbot?
Old 11/12/2009, 19:50   #3

With "Client Bot" I mean a bot that uses client(hero.exe) functions e.g. select monster or attack. So the bot call internal functions of hero.exe.

Your bot is simulating key presses + memory scanning.

Wouldn't it be cooler to replace "simulating..." with "calling internal functions".
During Hero is running in the backround you could chat, surf on the internet, play another game or what ever ;D

Or is this called "clientless bot"?
Old 11/12/2009, 20:57   #4

nope. clientless means u dont have to start the game client anymore. The bot simulate the communication like the game client. Advantage is more cpu less, multi chars botting, no limitation like walls. Disadvantage: Ingame people see that u are using hacks (walking through walls, air etc).

The problem of my bot is that i dont found inner handle of the hero client window. If i got that, the client can run in the backround. And i think that is what u want. Or if u wanna disassemble it to get the hero function...but thats a little bit harder to find .
Old 11/13/2009, 00:58   #5

The connection is encrypted in hero, I already tested it with WPE pro :/.
The Disadvantage sounds logical, because many checks which normaly happen in the client dissapear in clientless bot.

I think there is no inner handle because it's Direct3D. (Don't know sure)

I tried to manipulate the PeekMessage loop, but didn't work. This loop takes all game input. I also thought about hooking DirectInput.

Have you once disassembled hero.exe?
btw. your bot is written in AutoIT or C++ or other language?

I'm not a pro, just new ;p
Old 11/13/2009, 01:31   #6

i checked the connection with wpe/wireshark too. The good think is u can do replay attacks/resending packets and the server accept it. I found the responsible packet header like walking, but i didnt decrypt it at all...not much time at the moment.
But with this way i can record and replay walking paths etc.
The bot is progged with autoit, not much thinking just doing . But at this state of the bot it makes no different if its progged with autoit or c++ (only the one single thread of a scripting language is bad).
About directx hooking i thought my self, but i have not much experience with that. If i find more time, its one thing that i would figure out too.
U right if u use the client functions it will be more comfortable and better to use and write a bot.
Old 11/13/2009, 01:34   #7

ahh forgot!! check the irc connection from the messaging system of hero from the loging in and u would be crazy what u will see in plain.
Old 11/21/2009, 20:51   #8

Nice man.