Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 06:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Discussion on New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old 09/24/2012, 22:58   #106

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GMA]Creed View Post
Lol absolutely ******* amazing work! No offense to other servers, but this makes them all look like ****. If any enjoyment & hope in this game was lost recently, this definitely brings back all that excitement & eagerness. Just wow. Shaiya should have evolved into something new just like this. I am really psyched to play this server, and can not wait till it comes out.
I also loved the UI and class selection / weapon selection video you guys posted before you made it private. It had me utterly speechless lmao.
TY
Yea we hid it because we are making new vids with our own graphics. We are going to just go with our stuff only now, it is something we always wanted but we where trying to keep a simular feel for all during alpha then switch it out but since a few where complaining we said screw it and we are going from start with all our stuff. Oh btw when you see our animations you will flip by far that is the best thing it is sick. We are posting a full map system friday and will try to get some mobs and npcs in that one and if we run our of time we will post it up and put them in as we go. I will make more run on sentences as I go today since I just started drinking lol cheers
PS updated info on first page
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/25/2012, 17:33   #107

the screenshot of the Interface looks nice but... theres one thing that actually scares me o.o the quest window o.o

i know it from other MMORPGs, and the thing is, i dont like them all bc of all that stuff the quest window is an example. one thing i really loved of shaiya was the clean interface, not to many buttons, not too many stuff hanging in your view.

im not saying do it like shaiya, since we all want it to be different, but it would be **** cool if you could maybe somehow change it a lil bit to make it look cleaner (an actual quest WINDOW as in shaiya would be a **** lot better already i think) <.<
Old 09/25/2012, 18:18   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotG View Post
the screenshot of the Interface looks nice but... theres one thing that actually scares me o.o the quest window o.o

i know it from other MMORPGs, and the thing is, i dont like them all bc of all that stuff the quest window is an example. one thing i really loved of shaiya was the clean interface, not to many buttons, not too many stuff hanging in your view.

im not saying do it like shaiya, since we all want it to be different, but it would be damn cool if you could maybe somehow change it a lil bit to make it look cleaner (an actual quest WINDOW as in shaiya would be a damn lot better already i think) <.<

Hey DotG,

We're intending on making the interface so that you can press Q to pop open your quest window. In that window you will have all of your quest displayed. The quest that are displayed on the upper right corner by your side skill bar are only going to show if you check the small Check box located in your Quest window. This will be to provide players with the ability to view those quest without having to have the actual Quest window up. If it distracts players such as yourself you can simply make sure that the check boxes are unchecked in the quest window and your quest will only be displayed in the actual quest window. As you can imagine it's rather hard to show and display all of this when you're providing samples with pictures and still trying to not fully reveal the game mechanics and interface to everyone. At the moment we are still playing around with several different layouts for the interface to see what works the best as far as functionality, visibility, and user friendliness. It'll be a bit before we fully reveal our official interface for Ascended, need to keep the suspense level up
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/25/2012, 19:24   #109

Honestly I gotta say I haven't even watched the full video yet and I am VERY intrigued with this. For the first time on a Shaiya Server...I am at a loss for words. I have never seen anything like this before, you have taken all the elements of Shaiya but implemented them in your own game.

I would presume that this alone is a hard thing to do so to do everything you have done is an amazing achievement and you should be proud of yourselves. I do have a couple of questions though:

1) How much overall progress have you made? Is there an expected release date or is it still TBC?

2) When you do release will it be alpha or beta? Also will you need any staff?

Overall, In my personal opinion this will be an amazing new game to try out and I will most certainly be playing once it is released (I hope soon ). Kudos to you Alios and Scruple for even having the idea of this never mind putting it into practice. I cannot wait for the release of this.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/25/2012, 19:39   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
Lower but not by much. We again designed game to only load the 30 meters around your character so that you don't load entire map to keep game running lag free. I say not much lower because we did go a lot higher graphics for animations then shaiya. We also made cloth run off graphic card so that we can have nice looking materials that move without having lag.
great to see you back Texas.. and i like the idea of lower specifications just so it wont let the game lag.. aside from this, i like the entire concept.. count me in for the alpha testing Ada told me about your server and thank *** she found me i cant wait for the official release goodluck and regards to you and your team..

i know you'll always come back with something good in the end
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/25/2012, 20:50   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkoolkid23 View Post
Honestly I gotta say I haven't even watched the full video yet and I am VERY intrigued with this. For the first time on a Shaiya Server...I am at a loss for words. I have never seen anything like this before, you have taken all the elements of Shaiya but implemented them in your own game.
I would presume that this alone is a hard thing to do so to do everything you have done is an amazing achievement and you should be proud of yourselves. I do have a couple of questions though:
1) How much overall progress have you made? Is there an expected release date or is it still TBC?
2) When you do release will it be alpha or beta? Also will you need any staff?
Overall, In my personal opinion this will be an amazing new game to try out and I will most certainly be playing once it is released (I hope soon ). Kudos to you Alios and Scruple for even having the idea of this never mind putting it into practice. I cannot wait for the release of this.
Hi we are looking at around 30 days or so for alpha release. We will load a new website really soon and post a timer for all within a few days.(we are late suppose to have done it already) I am glad that you are all interested and we can't wait to get it out to you.
Vermillion Hi I miss seeing you around and very glad you are back. I can't wait for Ada you and I to run away together
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/25/2012, 21:03   #112

Quote:
Hi we are looking at around 30 days or so for alpha release. We will load a new website really soon and post a timer for all within a few days.(we are late suppose to have done it already) I am glad that you are all interested and we can't wait to get it out to you.
Vermillion Hi I miss seeing you around and very glad you are back. I can't wait for Ada you and I to run away together
Just got back from having a good lunch with some good beer having a blast getting this stuff prepared and ready for you guys. The new map will be so sick.. if you guys like Akivian Town and morbis map you guys will lose it over this new map... Brand new towns new lay outs a sneak peak at ONE of our possible UI's. Not to mention the fact that we're starting to get some people posting up stories and fan fiction for possible quest... It's getting pretty exciting I can't wait to see what more people will write. I love how creative people can get and I love to see the passion that individuals have when they know they are part of the game not only as a player but to have some ownership in the development of the game and storyline as well.

PS. When you guys run away.. make sure to send me a postcard with lots of xoxo's
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/25/2012, 21:06   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlioXY View Post
Just got back from having a good lunch with some good beer having a blast getting this stuff prepared and ready for you guys. The new map will be so sick.. if you guys like Akivian Town and morbis map you guys will lose it over this new map... Brand new towns new lay outs a sneak peak at ONE of our possible UI's. Not to mention the fact that we're starting to get some people posting up stories and fan fiction for possible quest... It's getting pretty exciting I can't wait to see what more people will write. I love how creative people can get and I love to see the passion that individuals have when they know they are part of the game not only as a player but to have some ownership in the development of the game and storyline as well.
PS. When you guys run away.. make sure to send me a postcard with lots of xoxo's
I didn't know you could send naked postcards in the mail? I guess you learn something new everyday
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/25/2012, 21:08   #114

Quote:
I didn't know you could send naked postcards in the mail? I guess you learn something new everyday
Hold up!!! Don't tell me you're going to send me that siggy of yours without the purple towel!
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/26/2012, 19:04   #115

Quote:
Dear Texas,

Thank you for your post. Me and Jace are sorry to tell you that we have to refrain your offer for now, we just decided to go on a loooooong vacation till the alpha starts, just us two girls, you know? We have to check our calendar for a good RUNWAY time, that's right yes? What it seems like now though our schedule is pretty full for the next couple of years. We are so sorry to make you disappointed but we will surely inform you when we have an hour or so to walk the RUNWAY with you. Jace and I are very excited about what kind of RUNWAY show that will be!

N.B. that we do not do:
Victoria Secret looking shows
Shows that shows our sacred body parts

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Ada and Jace
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/26/2012, 19:53   #116

thats not the final UI? ... ... ... *needs to make suggestions*:

i think in this point you should try something like shaiya. ofc you cant copy it, but keep it the same cleanlyness as they have. For example no huge buttons to change the chat channel <.< (yeah, kinda like what can be seen in that interface )
and you should separate DMG report and the chat window, not like other games have it (and probably you as far as i can see it )

generally you should make it more like shaiyas interface than the standart mmorpg interface (bc the standart one sucks! )
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/26/2012, 21:18   #117

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
DotG, they are trying to make it different from shaiya, and that's pretty much understandable. This is generally not even Shaiya, and still characters are almost the same, but nothing that much anymore.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/26/2012, 22:04   #118

Yes we are making new clean interface video soon with the actual map we will use as well. Please give us a few more days to finish. Ty
As for game the pvp and skill sets are very very similar. I love the pvp system and dps. We did add rifting and instead of relics we do seiges to open certain maps.
Old 09/26/2012, 23:15   #119

Can I request having like a World of Warcraft style leveling system instead of just grind? Doing quests to level is better and it makes you enjoy the lore more.
Old 09/26/2012, 23:29   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxHITxXx View Post
Can I request having like a World of Warcraft style leveling system instead of just grind? Doing quests to level is better and it makes you enjoy the lore more.
We are in total agreement with this. We have taken lots of time to make a more wow quest line then a shaiya one.
Thanks
6 Users