Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 07:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Old   #121

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,566
i loved alot the lvling system of shaiya tbh but yh some love aswell the lvling with quests. why not do both? .

Old   #122

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear94 View Post
i loved alot the lvling system of shaiya tbh but yh some love aswell the lvling with quests. why not do both? .
You could grind lvls up with no problem at all. We just also wanted to make it where you could follow a quest line to keep you in a cool story line.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
DotG, they are trying to make it different from shaiya, and that's pretty much understandable. This is generally not even Shaiya, and still characters are almost the same, but nothing that much anymore.
i know that o.o i was just mentioning that if they are still changing the UI, they should go into the direction shaiya was, i never said make the shaiya interface, and i never said its a modded shaiya. all i said was, that they should aim for a shaiya-like interface concerning the concept and structure instead of for example Aion/WoW/Standart-MMORPG Interface, where you got millions of boxes and windows, DMG report + chat in one box + everytime you kill something having a message flashing on your screen (bc thats what i hate on the "new" mmorpgs <.<)
Old   #124

Received Thanks: 5,143
oh, u were referring to the amount of windows on the screen. well, i'm sure they will make it as good as possible.
btw, what u call DMG report is more likely a player log

Old   #125

Is this legal?
Old   #126

oh trust me this is more legal than any shaiya private server. they made the game from scratch, what can be more legal ? the only thing that i see here and in shaiya are the character appearances, nothing more, which ain't that big deal.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by veins.of.gaming View Post
Is this legal?
We will not be using any of the files from shaiya, no dds files no 3do files. We will perhaps take parts of the concepts such as the pvp system and maybe the extended chat for the damage log/combat information instead of having it overlaying the normal chat box. Our new videos that we will release will be displaying our new buildings and characters as well as our new UI. If you look at the video featuring Akivaian Town, its how some of our graphics will look like.
Old   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlioXY View Post
We will not be using any of the files from shaiya, no dds files no 3do files. We will perhaps take parts of the concepts such as the pvp system and maybe the extended chat for the damage log/combat information instead of having it overlaying the normal chat box. Our new videos that we will release will be displaying our new buildings and characters as well as our new UI. If you look at the video featuring Akivaian Town, its how some of our graphics will look like.
In short.. YES this is 100% Legal since we created it ourselves and we own all copy rights to it. Keep in mind that we have removed all SonoV, AGE, Chi Rock, and Nexon property and have remade with our own.
Old   #129

How can you own the copy right if you just copy a game?
Or you just simply "improve it"?
Answer me to this one, you didn`t do the whole concept...so think again.
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #130

Everything you Visually see and every line of code that is part of it we created from scratch for the new game.. this is why we own it. You cannot copyright Ideas.. but you can copyright everything else.
Old   #131

WIKEPEDIA..click me

You can remove all logos and everything else, but you can`t say its your own.
Old   #132

you seem to miss understand. This is a 100% MADE FROM SCRATCH game. Yes we originally had shaiya things in our game however We took out everything that was created by someone else. We created the Client, Server, Database, Story, everything ourselves. All without 1 single Line of code, Image, or story that was created by someone else. So please explain to me what exactly are we using in our game that is not ours.
Old   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
We are in total agreement with this. We have taken lots of time to make a more wow quest line then a shaiya one.
Wooot Nice man can't wait to play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotG View Post
i know that o.o i was just mentioning that if they are still changing the UI, they should go into the direction shaiya was, i never said make the shaiya interface, and i never said its a modded shaiya. all i said was, that they should aim for a shaiya-like interface concerning the concept and structure instead of for example Aion/WoW/Standart-MMORPG Interface, where you got millions of boxes and windows, DMG report + chat in one box + everytime you kill something having a message flashing on your screen (bc thats what i hate on the "new" mmorpgs <.<)
Yes but that is the thing that makes WoW super awesome. It is fully customizeable. You don't have to have that many bars, you can change the size/position of the chatboxes. Can choose what is displayed or not. SOOO many different options/add-ons in WoW that make the game/interface the way you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taZツ View Post
How can you own the copy right if you just copy a game?
Or you just simply "improve it"?
Answer me to this one, you didn`t do the whole concept...so think again.
Nah bro, they made their own engine, coding, and scripts. The only thing that they did was take was some cosmetic features, which choi rock doesnt own. Therefore it is legal.

Jagex has gone through this for years with runescape private servers, and they can't win if the pvserver owners coded it themselves and used none of the coding/names from Jagex.
Old   #134

Received Thanks: 1,061
So basically what you guys are saying this isn't Shaiya.
So why is it being advertised in a Shaiya Private Server section?
Also anything that belongs to Shaiya like models, buildings, "cosmetic features", etc isn't just up for grabs to anyone.
You can "recode" the files all you want, but in the end they still aren't yours and never will be.
By the way Nexon owns Shaiya now and if they do research into your files and find anything of what's now their's I bet anything there will be a heavy lawsuit.
Why? You are taking money from them and advertising something as yours.
You say you took out everything Shaiya, yet your videos say otherwise.
Like the flying CTI, the buildings from Shaiya obviously, the obvious armor and weapons used as well.
Plus if you look the textures for the stone look exactly like Shaiya's...
My point is if you're going to build something don't base it off a dying game.
Yet alone use it's crappy files.
You've had a year..a lot can be done in that time than to make a few maps and run through them.
I honestly see your game staying small due to the fact you are associating it with Shaiya..
Which like I said is a dying game.
My suggestion is to make it your own instead of ripping off other game ideas like "WoWs quest leveling system" and "Shaiya's pvp system"
They may work, but they've been done already. It's just stale game content really.
If I wanted WoW's leveling quest system I'd play WoW. If I wanted Shaiya's pvp I'd play Shaiya.
Make something new to attract people. Make something to draw out users.
Honestly I see nothing that hasn't already been done by true game companies.

Sorry to kinda **** all over your thread here, but I'm tired of seeing the same **** over and over.
If I wanted that I'd go play something like Call of Duty. :/
We need more innovative people ._. seriously...
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #135

I'm not jealous that I can't create my own game.
F*ck me, right ?