Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 17:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Old   #286

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowen33 View Post
I would like to know as well.
There really needs to be a bit more info on the website or here that explains this game a little more in depth. I am super excited about the game, but at the sametime I really know nothing about it. I understandy Sandy put you guys way behind but a little explanation would go a long way here. It would only take a couple minutes to put together a paragraph to explain.
If you would... enlighten us a bit on the single player and mmo aspects of your game as this is the first we've heard about single player. Unless, I missed something.
Thank you in advance for your response.
We are putting a single player version for iPhone / iPads as well as android and stand alone PC/macs. It is just few maps with mobs to go around and kill. The full Mmorpg we are switching game engines to udk4 because unity 3d doesn't handle the client loads well. Do you remember in shaiya for instance when the opposite faction gets close you lag for a sec? Well in the unity engine after putting all the mobs in game they do the same thing. Basically the engine can't handle a Mmorpg and we are afraid that if we launch game on that engine people with slower net will lag a lot. We are almost completely done moving game to the unreal engine to launch alpha. We will leave the single player version up as well so people can learn builds and classes. Ill give more info tonight when at office.
OK
So we have the single version completed and ready for all to play however we have just been informed by apple that it will be 14 days before our game will be allowed to be in the app store for you to have. We are desperately trying to work this out so that we can have it there now. I will keep posting here as I hear back from apple. Meanwhile we are steadily getting closer to completion of full version on the udk engine and will be pushing out vids in next few days for you to see the difference in the graphics and inviroments. Sorry for wait all but this time it i not due to our completion but on apples approval.

Thanks
8 Users
Old   #287

So im guessing no version for android users? bummer
Also is there possible a new ETA? Im having surgery on the 24th so any day past that would be great cause ill be home the whole day >
If any help is wanted i would love to give it my best

Thanks
1 User
Old   #288

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
We are putting a single player version for iPhone / iPads as well as android and stand alone PC/macs.
<_< read a bit better linxis :P
Thanks
1 User
Old   #289

Im little dummy in IT stuff so let me ask a silly question ....
you said you make single player version for iPhone / iPads, androids, stand alone PC/macs .....and now you are waiting for apple ...
So if i got it right...there be a single version for "normal" PC , which doesnt have anything to do with apple and if you have this version ready, PC owners could alredy try your game, am i right?

Old   #290

We just wanted to let them go together so that people don't qq saying it isn't fair they get to learn game before we do. Believe me when I say I want to release this now I have a half a million dollars invested in this already generating 0 income for over a year. In saying that I'd rather be poor then put out ****** game or to half *** the finish line. To pass the next few weeks I think I'm going to put up a challenge for all shaiya players to put them to the test and make some money. I'll make a new post today for it and link it here. Sorry for wait all but this late in the game I really want it done a certain way so that I can feel it Is done properly.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #291

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,147
HALF A MILLION ???
I don't know what to say.. really..

Anyway, as I stated in your chat box on your forums, we aren't pushing you, so whatever delays occur, we understand.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #292

Really , half million ? and i have batman car ..
Old   #293

HALF A MILLION?!

holy **** thats what i call dedication o.o

huge respect to you, im really looking forward to it, especially in case it gets released while the holidays powergaming 2 weeks long
Old   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotG View Post
HALF A MILLION?!

holy **** thats what i call dedication o.o

huge respect to you, im really looking forward to it, especially in case it gets released while the holidays powergaming 2 weeks long
Yes I smell a cristmass present , I was kind of hoping I get it for my BDay ( 18th december ) but its good cuz I know banhammer is gonna bring the joy
Old   #295

Lol I'm posting a vid today to show game on iPad so you all have a idea of the single play version to learn maps and character play.
Repost at hospital with fam and won't have vid till tomorrow. All is well but still will be unavailable till tomorrow.
Thanks
6 Users
Old   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear94 View Post
<_< read a bit better linxis :P
I see no necessity to be rude about it.
Also I trust the Ascended website more than epvp for Ascended information.
As stated on the website: "we decided to push it out on the iPad and iPhone as an app so that you guys can see the graphics and basic layouts of the game"

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Also you people need to realize half a million is nothing for starting a video game, it's good for such a small team but most half a couple of millions.
Surprised you have no investments, maybe open some shares tex? Sadly your minimum share would be fairly low so your money would be more of a decline at first, unless you have any big investors?

Any who, good luck.
Also I couldn't find the game on my Droid Razr...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #297

Yea no investor just us guys and that is why it takes us a little time to get things done. I don't want to go public I love being small family. I have been in hospital the last few days so no vid yet. Ill do my best to get to office today to get it out. Hope everyone has a good holiday and be safe traveling. As for android we will put it out at same time as iphone
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #298

elite*gold: 15
The Black Market: 121/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
Yea no investor just us guys and that is why it takes us a little time to get things done. I don't want to go public I love being small family. I have been in hospital the last few days so no vid yet. Ill do my best to get to office today to get it out. Hope everyone has a good holiday and be safe traveling. As for android we will put it out at same time as iphone
How much time it takes i don't care , we all love it <3.

Waiting for the video ;D

Good luck.
Old   #299

GmBanHammer, When you open your project?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #300

Merry Christmas and sorry I have not posted. I have been in the hospital with family this week and did not make it to work. I will get back on it tomorrow.

Thanks
3 Users