Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 09:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Old   #136

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
So basically what you guys are saying this isn't Shaiya.
So why is it being advertised in a Shaiya Private Server section?
Also anything that belongs to Shaiya like models, buildings, "cosmetic features", etc isn't just up for grabs to anyone.
You can "recode" the files all you want, but in the end they still aren't yours and never will be.
By the way Nexon owns Shaiya now and if they do research into your files and find anything of what's now their's I bet anything there will be a heavy lawsuit.
Why? You are taking money from them and advertising something as yours.
You say you took out everything Shaiya, yet your videos say otherwise.
Like the flying CTI, the buildings from Shaiya obviously, the obvious armor and weapons used as well.
Plus if you look the textures for the stone look exactly like Shaiya's...
My point is if you're going to build something don't base it off a dying game.
Yet alone use it's crappy files.
You've had a year..a lot can be done in that time than to make a few maps and run through them.
I honestly see your game staying small due to the fact you are associating it with Shaiya..
Which like I said is a dying game.
My suggestion is to make it your own instead of ripping off other game ideas like "WoWs quest leveling system" and "Shaiya's pvp system"
They may work, but they've been done already. It's just stale game content really.
If I wanted WoW's leveling quest system I'd play WoW. If I wanted Shaiya's pvp I'd play Shaiya.
Make something new to attract people. Make something to draw out users.
Honestly I see nothing that hasn't already been done by true game companies.

Sorry to kinda shit all over your thread here, but I'm tired of seeing the same shit over and over.
If I wanted that I'd go play something like Call of Duty. :/
We need more innovative people ._. seriously...

And all of those are your opinions. Good day.

Old   #137

Whats with the ghey looking picture? I didn't know this was Dora The Explorer RPG o.o

Old   #138

snuggle, everything got answered here already o.o they did the same as you and i concerning game development, with the difference, they (already) realized it.

it IS a NEW game, they advertised it here bc they introduced it at first to the shaiya community some time ago (like you did with New Horizon). they were using shaiya stuff to make it easier for the game testers to get started with the game, but they arent doing that anymore. you cant really compare this game with shaiya, or anything else. its just Ascended, nothing else.

and honestly, any single idea you, me, or they could get concerning innovations in a game, has been done already.
you cant judge them bc they try to keep the shaiya pvp feeling, or trying to do a quest line like WoWs. i tell you, in the next years, you will see a lot of new games using the GW2 Quest System. and what will NC Soft do against it? nothing, bc they cant.

just enjoy it that a dev of the shaiya pserver-scene tries to make something new, and could possibly be successful with it.
so, good luck Tex & Co, im waiting for it
Old   #139

Received Thanks: 1,061
I'm looking at this from a market point of view.
If you look at the facts the average gamer is around 30 years old.
Which isn't a surprise because they have a stable income (most of them) and they don't have to worry about parents restricting anything (most of them...)
My point being the average gamer on pc has a mid to high end gaming pc.
If someone has the power to run a game like aion or some other high end game they will.
So the lower end games apply to a smaller market than higher end new games.
People want the best that's out. That's just how the world works.
Why do you think the iPhone sells so well? (despite Apple being complete crap from a technical point of view)
I'm saying that you can't really apply to a mass of consumers (gamers) with a game that's saying it's like another.
Innovation isn't hard actually. It's just people see a certain formula works and they don't leap to a new idea in fear of losing money.
If you look at the upcoming game charts there are a lot of mmos coming out...
Fantasy mmorpgs...lol as if we don't have a billion of those.
The population of mmos is being spread with all these new games coming out.
So the market for a lower graphical game that's like WoW/Shaiya is pretty low on the charts.
There are actually a lot of ways to make a game unique. That's the wonderful thing about independent developers.
We have the ability to make a game how we want without companies saying they want it their way.
Yet who would you trust more?
A huge gaming company with the money and power for grade A security?
Or a new company that's small and not much financial backing?
That's the downfall of the independent developers that make server related games.
Give me something new, something flashy, something I can show off.
That's how consumers work. They want the best and the newest. Not something old and used.
That's the thing that has to be thought about. What would a mass market want?
Not something that's like another game and outdated. :/
It's sad, but true.
These are facts not my opinion. Although I think the market for things is stupid as hell.
Like I said I'm not trying to say don't play this game or you guys won't do well.
I'm trying to give advice on how to reach out to a larger market and have a more successful game.
In reality it's all about how you can make money by producing the best product.
Anyone that says that isn't true is bullshitting you.
No one has a million dollars laying around to let a game run without profit.

Be unique actually not that hard if you see what other games have. Which isn't much as of innovation anymore.
You aren't even in beta phase yet. You have a chance to explore options of innovation before even releasing the game to the public.
Why not try for it?
Hey if the old formula works then use it.
Just saying you guys have a chance of trying something new that no one has seen before.
Why be like another game when you can say this is MY game and it's different.
I mean that's what I plan to do after I'm out of the Navy in 5 years.
Going to get my masters in game design while I'm in as well.
Gives me time to research new ideas as well :P
Yet mine won't be a fantasy mmo so no competition from that type of game here >.>
Fantasy mmos are overly made in my opinion :/ time to be new.
Anyway just advice from a market point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCoolGuy View Post
Whats with the ghey looking picture? I didn't know this was Dora The Explorer RPG o.o
I hope that isn't directed at me o.O because...
A. What a stupid comment/insult that isn't even on topic.
B. You spelled gay wrong.
C. There is a story behind everything. Might as well not comment if you don't know what you're talking about :P

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #140

First off, thanks for your reply regarding your issues and concerns that you have with our process and the way that we are trying to publicize this game to this community. Saying that, let's have a little discussion about your concerns and I will try to break things down for you just in case you have not fully understood our intention.

Quote:
So basically what you guys are saying this isn't Shaiya.
So why is it being advertised in a Shaiya Private Server section?
Yes, this no longer has anything to do with shaiya. Originally, over a year ago, Texas had posted that he intended on launching his own game that was based off of shaiya that would be on a new platform with new content and modifications that no one could do on the current system. Now that we have content to push out and are nearing our intial alpha phase we released that kind of content back to this community to show that we could do this. He is a man of his word so we did what he said. Created a new shaiya that was on a new interface with elements from shaiya.

However, once this was done... There were obvious issues with the players and other owners/staff of private servers. At least to the best of my knowledge no one from the official newly Nexon owned shaiya has contacted us stating that any of this has been an issue.

Quote:
Also anything that belongs to Shaiya like models, buildings, "cosmetic features", etc isn't just up for grabs to anyone.
You can "recode" the files all you want, but in the end they still aren't yours and never will be.
By the way Nexon owns Shaiya now and if they do research into your files and find anything of what's now their's I bet anything there will be a heavy lawsuit.
Why? You are taking money from them and advertising something as yours.
You say you took out everything Shaiya, yet your videos say otherwise.
Like the flying CTI, the buildings from Shaiya obviously, the obvious armor and weapons used as well.
After the intial reaction of people from our first post we seen that people don't want another new shaiya what they want is the community concept of having people be online to play with. To have a guild that you can actually call friends and family. Long gone are the days where someone calls you "Their DPS" or "their priest" people don't just sit around anymore and talk and wait for the other members of their normal team to get online to play. There's no challenge anymore. People set up these private servers because they want to keep this sense of belonging while making the game "better" in their point of view. That concept is lost, so we tried to bring it back with this community by displaying how our game was going to be with Shaiya graphics and other aspects so that players would be comfortable with it and enjoy it. It seemed as if everyone was pushing instead, once we released that, for a completely independent, new game. New concepts, new graphics, new everything. Only to turn around and say "well you should keep this or add that". This is a gamers game so we try to make the changes accordingly to affect the general gameplay as a whole. We know and realize that we cannot make everyone in the world happy so we do it as how we think the game should be with advice and influence from the players that offer it. Regarding the shaiya stuff on our youtube videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
Here's a first look at the Morbis Map. This is the first area where the water and earth factions will come together and play with each other.

The above video was a demo showing what we could do with game engine this map will no longer be used as its served its purpose of being a demonstration. The new map for Morbis will be recreated and look something like the video below in regards to graphics and quality.

This is a look at our graphics that we will be using in our Alpha and Beta releases. This map was created in less than 12 hours to demonstrate to you guys some of the buildings and concepts for the towns we are going to impliment into the game:

Quote:
Plus if you look the textures for the stone look exactly like Shaiya's...
My point is if you're going to build something don't base it off a dying game.
Yet alone use it's crappy files.
You've had a year..a lot can be done in that time than to make a few maps and run through them.
I'm not sure what your siggy is referring to regarding "Project New Horizon" is but if it's what I think it is regarding a new game. Then I'm sure that you can understand and appreciate how much time it takes to even get to this stage. Yes what you see is a map that someones running through. What you don't see is the development in security with the client, server, db. You don't see the scripts that we wrote up to transfer the scenes, coordinate AI pathing and attack patterns. You don't see the time that we have put in to get the skills working with the particle systems, firing on button click and from key button input. You don't see how applying specific stats affect the characters over all stat base. You don't know the specific ratios of the character build. You haven't seen the customization screen when you create a new player. Because we've changed that to go in our new direction which is completely devoid of anything relating shaiya in terms of graphics or files. Anyone thats worked with any programing, scripting, game development or anything of the sort, knows and realizes how much time and effort you have to put in to have something so miniscule as a box that rotates when a player approaches it. And trust me, if you don't look it up to see how long it normally takes to develop a game from scratch with no professional education in that area that Triple A gaming companies would pay you a big salary for. Having three people work together to try to get this done in this amount of time, regardless of it being us, if it was anyone I would have to say good job.

Quote:
I honestly see your game staying small due to the fact you are associating it with Shaiya..
Which like I said is a dying game.
My suggestion is to make it your own instead of ripping off other game ideas like "WoWs quest leveling system" and "Shaiya's pvp system"
They may work, but they've been done already. It's just stale game content really.
If I wanted WoW's leveling quest system I'd play WoW. If I wanted Shaiya's pvp I'd play Shaiya.
Make something new to attract people. Make something to draw out users.
Honestly I see nothing that hasn't already been done by true game companies.

Maybe I should explain this better. It seems that a lot of players understand a concept better if you associate it with an already existing game. For instance, "wow's questing system" by stating that what we are implying is that you may level from doing only quest if you so choose to do so. In many games you have the choice of only making it a grind fest or by an infinite amount of "go get 0/10 this" or "go kill 0/30 of these" which makes for extremely boring gameplay. So what we are doing, is creating new quest chosen from story lines created from the players on our forums and implementing them into our game.

I don't know of any game out there in the world that creates comic books for their game that debuts players from their game. Every three months we are going to pick a few fan fiction story lines and put them into the game as quest as well as release a comic book which will tie all of that into the bigger story of ascended.

The "Shaiya pvp system" is regarding quick spawns in pvp, kill count ratio that you will be awarded for to help pvp stay alive. Open world pvp concept where you are not limited to only being in a specific zone to pvp and no where outside of that will you be attacked. You will have maps that the other faction may come to and kill you. This will make it so that players are more likely to stick together in groups to accomplish task which goes back to the whole community feel of having your friends play with you.

We will have Open world PvP, we will have a combined map of all the nations where it's highly likely that you will get killed by an opposing force while you try to do quest lines or grind or farm materials. We will have rifting but not int he started maps so that new players don't get ganked and wiped by higher level players as soon as they step out of the first towns. Sieges will not only be castles but strongholds and ships as well.

Quote:
I'm looking at this from a market point of view.
If you look at the facts the average gamer is around 30 years old.
Which isn't a surprise because they have a stable income (most of them) and they don't have to worry about parents restricting anything (most of them...)
My point being the average gamer on pc has a mid to high end gaming pc.
If someone has the power to run a game like aion or some other high end game they will.
So the lower end games apply to a smaller market than higher end new games.
People want the best that's out. That's just how the world works.
Why do you think the iPhone sells so well? (despite Apple being complete crap from a technical point of view)
I'm saying that you can't really apply to a mass of consumers (gamers) with a game that's saying it's like another.
Innovation isn't hard actually. It's just people see a certain formula works and they don't leap to a new idea in fear of losing money.
If you look at the upcoming game charts there are a lot of mmos coming out...
Fantasy mmorpgs...lol as if we don't have a billion of those.
The population of mmos is being spread with all these new games coming out.
So the market for a lower graphical game that's like WoW/Shaiya is pretty low on the charts.
There are actually a lot of ways to make a game unique. That's the wonderful thing about independent developers.
We have the ability to make a game how we want without companies saying they want it their way.
Yet who would you trust more?
A huge gaming company with the money and power for grade A security?
Or a new company that's small and not much financial backing?
That's the downfall of the independent developers that make server related games.
Give me something new, something flashy, something I can show off.
That's how consumers work. They want the best and the newest. Not something old and used.
That's the thing that has to be thought about. What would a mass market want?
Not something that's like another game and outdated. :/
It's sad, but true.
These are facts not my opinion. Although I think the market for things is stupid as hell.
Like I said I'm not trying to say don't play this game or you guys won't do well.
I'm trying to give advice on how to reach out to a larger market and have a more successful game.
In reality it's all about how you can make money by producing the best product.
Anyone that says that isn't true is bullshitting you.
No one has a million dollars laying around to let a game run without profit.

Be unique actually not that hard if you see what other games have. Which isn't much as of innovation anymore.
You aren't even in beta phase yet. You have a chance to explore options of innovation before even releasing the game to the public.
Why not try for it?
Hey if the old formula works then use it.
Just saying you guys have a chance of trying something new that no one has seen before.
Why be like another game when you can say this is MY game and it's different.

I understand that you are trying to put things from your point of view which is why I'm not really offended at your post. It just seems that when you've read this you came with a certain mindset and couldn't get past some things that were presented to you initially. As far as marketing, there is no limit to being too much, that being said having other individuals that come here who are trying to create their own games start to repeat the same issues that they've previously already raised and were discussed doesn't bold well for the promotion of either side.

Quote:
I mean that's what I plan to do after I'm out of the Navy in 5 years.
Going to get my masters in game design while I'm in as well.
Gives me time to research new ideas as well :P
Yet mine won't be a fantasy mmo so no competition from that type of game here >.>
Fantasy mmos are overly made in my opinion :/ time to be new.
Anyway just advice from a market point of view.
From one prior military guy to another guy/girl in the militarty, first off thanks for what you're doing. Secondly, one day if you don't already you will come to understand this... It doesn't matter if I agree with you or not on what you say.. regardless of that fact, I will still defend your right to say it.

We are always welcomed to thoughts and opinions all you have to simply do is offer it as a suggestion in the first place and most of these discussions can be cut out so that its not flooding up the threads with this material. As always anyone can send me any messages regarding concerns or problems, still I hardly find that anyone will do so.

Quote:
C. There is a story behind everything. Might as well not comment if you don't know what you're talking about :P

Anyways, Tex says sorry for not posting this himself he is currently working on redoing the website so that there will no longer be any confusion on using this or that texture/file/script. As well as taking off the previous videos on our youtube channel. It will be all of our own stuff either rightfully purchased and outsourced or done in house by ourselves.

As we have stated before, anyone that has a psever that would like to bring your players over and have a faction created for your server are more than able to do so. New factions will have new a new story line created for them that merges with the main ascended story line. As well as new weapons and gear.

We are also trying to get our own slot in the epvper forums. Which is why we are revamping all of our graphical content so that nothing from previous games will be in our game. Some concepts such as having multiple skill bars, or having a quest window with a quest log, or a chat box with multiple tabs on it, are typical standards of MMORPG's so I hope that no ones too disappointed that we did not originally create those concepts ourselves when gaming was first created.

Once again, if anyone has any issues, concerns or problems feel free to send me a message.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #141

whatever your comments are, doesn't seem to change the server This will be very fckn awesome..... cant w8 to try this out!!!!

yeah .\/.
Old   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlioXY View Post
It seemed as if everyone was pushing instead, once we released that, for a completely independent, new game. New concepts, new graphics, new everything.
/needs to correct this:
i think most of us (at least i) was concerned about copyright issues, and thats why we asked for other graphics and stuff, bc its quite obvious what would happen if you would use stuff from shaiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlioXY View Post
or a chat box with multiple tabs on it, are typical standards of MMORPG's so I hope that no ones too disappointed that we did not originally create those concepts ourselves when gaming was first created.
... tabbed chat-boxes suxs...

<.<
DMG Log and Chat Log Seperated = Awesome
Tabbed Chat-Box = not Awesome

just wanna mention, i mean, im gonna play it anyways, just my two cents
Old   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotG View Post
/needs to correct this:
i think most of us (at least i) was concerned about copyright issues, and thats why we asked for other graphics and stuff, bc its quite obvious what would happen if you would use stuff from shaiya

... tabbed chat-boxes suxs...

<.<
DMG Log and Chat Log Seperated = Awesome
Tabbed Chat-Box = not Awesome

just wanna mention, i mean, im gonna play it anyways, just my two cents

I guess you guys should be patient and wait for the updated UI xD
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #144

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,143
First of all, nice arguments AlioXY.
Also, I have to somehow agree with DotG about tabbed chat-box. Though, there's always a choice to make. You can put it optional for the player whether to have tabbed chat or normal chat(shaiya-like).
Thanks
1 User
Old   #145

elite*gold: 50
i do have one question.

Are the server file's yours and not shaiya's?
Old   #146

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,143
this was debated for 15 pages of this thread, yes. they made the game from scratch, scratch = 0.
Old   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
First of all, nice arguments AlioXY.
Also, I have to somehow agree with DotG about tabbed chat-box. Though, there's always a choice to make. You can put it optional for the player whether to have tabbed chat or normal chat(shaiya-like).
+1 (****, heres a thumbs up button missing <.<)
Old   #148

We will have tabs on the chat bar so that you can have it display all chats, guild chat, trade chat, whispers and local chat. Also there will another additional box above it for your combat log, all health recovery, damage, deaths, kills will be displayed there so that its not combined into one chat box. At the moment we are putting in our new character classes and quite a few of our new dragons as well. Information on that will be released shortly. Still working on getting our new website up and the new map run through with updated UI will have to wait until next week. Thanks guys for staying with up and having patience through out these necessary steps. More story lines are going up on the forums so if you're bored in the mean time go ahead and post them up. I think for this first launch into alpha we might take quite a bit of them instead of voting unless we have several dozen then we might have to make selections. So if you want to have your stories be part of the Ascended quest line section then feel free to put them up.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #149

There will Ress Runes ?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #150

Quote:

I hope that isn't directed at me o.O because...
A. What a stupid comment/insult that isn't even on topic.
B. You spelled gay wrong.
No, please don't be so self centered, this post isn't about you its about Ascended.

I was talking about the interface. To me it looks to cartoon-ish.

Thanks
1 User