Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 16:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Nightmares, Friend or foe?

Discussion on Nightmares, Friend or foe? within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Nightmares, Friend or foe?

When i started playing requiem nightmares were a pain. I would shudder in fear then get flung across the room in a ****** mess, but now lvl 47 tempest they seem easier. I tried grinding and had great success.

Nightmares
-Crit like no tomorow (970) highest ive had
-medium to low health
-great exp 5200 for lvl 48 spider dudes
-great drops, the reberia and giant set
-respawns very fast

Me (tempest)
-godly mirror, reflects their crit
-heals maxed out, so i heal the crit i take
-reinforced everything with health, 1800

It seemed like after lvl 42 they took out some quests so you would be tempted to buy the premium. By grinding nightmares every two hours for 15 minute periods, which starts on every even hour coincidentaly like 8, 10, 12 has given me great exp and items. With 15 min of gameplay i get 7.5 percent which is not bad at all for my lvl, and i have goten 4+ possesion items.

Does anyone use any other stratogy that is a better way to gain exp other than using the item mall items or the monthly fee way, or a bot?
Old 01/14/2009, 13:53   #2

wow thats good strategy.im a free player also.keep up and ull be high lvl someday.(lvl 65 zerker )
Old 01/14/2009, 15:53   #3

Lol, good luck getting to 70 with that strategy. 200 million xp from 15mins every 2 hours from mobs giving around 10k and are hell to kill. Low level strategies are completely different to late game. Premium gives a massive boost and is well worth getting, same with 30% scrolls.
Old 01/15/2009, 02:48   #4

Weeman is right. Premium and exp boost cashsop helps out a lot. They set the game up that way.
Old 01/15/2009, 05:23   #5

I fully understand if i pay for the premium i will gain the extra 50% experience and i will level faster. I think my 10 year old sister can tell me that.

The main responses im looking for in this thread are,

What methods of leveling your character do you use that are helpfull excluding item mall, bots, or premium package?
Old 01/15/2009, 06:12   #6

There is a method to do this and lvl quicker, but you will need a party of three that must have a healer. All three need to be ranged massive damage dealers. Most of you know who they are, so I'm not gonna go into much detail in that.

Basically what you do is find "hotspots" in requiem where the concentration of mobs is highest, yet spawn time is low. One of the three party members that has the quickest run speed needs to sweep as many mobs as possible, max I've had on me at a time was 14 at a time. Bring them to the two other players, and let them take over the mobs by outdoing you. When you get almost none following you, you expand, and pick up another 10 if you can hold that much, and come back to the two other players. By the time you come back, everything should be dead already. If you do this long enough, you can level with ease at lvl 48+. The real challenge is surviving the mobs that follow you.
Old 01/15/2009, 13:57   #7

Fastest way to level is AOE party. Simple as that.

Tank + Healer + at least 1 AOE damage. Healer or AOE gets on mount, runs about to pull mobs, tank taunts, holds aggro, aoe nukes the **** out of them, healer heals. Simple as that. More AOE dealers are better, but obviously, more AOEers, faster it is, but less xp you'll gain.
Old 01/23/2009, 05:34   #8

Update: I am now level 50, what i did was i grinded the nightmares at chaft, the spider guys from level 46 and 47. After that i quested to level 50.

At 50 the next place is numeran, grotans at the mine place are the best for this level. I get 5800 exp per kill and 5.5% every time i do the nightmare for 15 min.
It has been going slow but it has been the easyest place for me to grind as well.

Question: For levels 50-55 whats the best way to gain exp?

Note: ill hit anyone over the head with a soggy unix manual if u say somthing about premium : ). Im just kidding but HEY how do you do the leveling thing?
Old 01/23/2009, 21:47   #9

For level 50-53, I remember grinding at the pit where the grotons appear. I find the pit to be the best place for it. For level 53-55, I'd say a good place is in the Numaren where the spiders are, they give nice xp too. For level 55-57, I did burning ghouls + nightmare. For lvl 57-59, I did quests, and turtlelike mobs in numaren.
Old 01/23/2009, 22:22   #10

Around 53 you want Fire Mages, they go down in a few hits, don't hit very hard and give decent xp. Quests from 53 should get you most of the way through to 60(all the way if you have premium). Down by the beach is a decent spot after that, the mobs down there are pretty easy to kill. 55 - 60 you might wanna think about going to South Hammerine. Some good grind mobs there like Pig Head Urbas which give decent xp, and a great consumable drop, which if you don't need can sell for a nice amount of cash.