Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 12:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

More then one client at once, any ideas?

Discussion on More then one client at once, any ideas? within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old 08/14/2008, 11:29   #16

elite*gold: 0
Try using Vmware Workstation 6.5beta, it has almost full dx9 with pixel shader 9 support.

...Accelerated 3-D graphics on Windows XP guests — Workstation 6.5 virtual machines now work with applications that use DirectX 9 accelerated graphics with shaders up through Shader Model 2.0 on Windows XP guests. Hosts can be running Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Linux....
Old 08/26/2008, 16:40   #17

VMware's working great

but I'd still want to see more solutions then seperate harddrive and virtual machine because my end-goal is to be able to run enough alternative clients to get small groups into raid instances

if I'd be able to run more then 1 client like normally I think my machine is strong enough to almost have 15 fillers running ^_^
Old 08/26/2008, 19:56   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWise View Post
VMware's working great
Interesting, I got my VMWare to work, and run the client, but as soon as you enter the game to login it begins to lagg like crazy, probably 1-3 FPS. I have updated directx to 9.0c on the vmware Windows XP Install, and that what I've been getting. When I checked my CPU usage, it was at 99%. I've dedicated about 2GB of RAM to vmware, yet still it did the same thing. So, I'm wondering, what did you do exactly to get it running?
Old 08/26/2008, 20:35   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadLord View Post
Interesting, I got my VMWare to work, and run the client, but as soon as you enter the game to login it begins to lagg like crazy, probably 1-3 FPS. I have updated directx to 9.0c on the vmware Windows XP Install, and that what I've been getting. When I checked my CPU usage, it was at 99%. I've dedicated about 2GB of RAM to vmware, yet still it did the same thing. So, I'm wondering, what did you do exactly to get it running?
Didnt do anything special at all, created a new vmware comp, installed windows, installed requiem- I think I installed the newest directx... but not really much more than that.

I mean it doesnt run without some graphic bugs and bugs regarding mouse control and some stuff but overall it runns fine~

gave it 2 cpu's 1056mb ram...

maybe your graphic card just has some specific compability issue with the way vmware handles graphics or something?
Old 08/26/2008, 20:38   #20

As for other ideas....

What about virtual harddrives to run it from in case installing it on different partitions works, I'm trying with subst now but I'd be amazed if hackshield was fooled by that-
And no kidding didnt work ^_^

Also, there's a program that a lot of gamehackers use that hides certain applications from eachother, anyone remember or know what that program or any program like it is/was called?

ok hiding all applications related to requiem or anything like that with FU_Rootkit and then running another requiem from a subst virtual harddrive did not work.
Old 08/26/2008, 23:00   #21

well, NOP'ing the CreateMutexA's works to get 2 clients running, but then it doesnt let me connect to the same game server with two clients :/

So 2 clients normally on my computer can't connect to the same server

but 2 clients with one on a VMware box (both still on my IP) can connect to the same server

so what's the difference between my normal connection and connecting through a vmware virtual machine? in terms of something that could result in this
Old 08/27/2008, 17:34   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWise View Post
well, NOP'ing the CreateMutexA's works to get 2 clients running, but then it doesnt let me connect to the same game server with two clients :/

So 2 clients normally on my computer can't connect to the same server

but 2 clients with one on a VMware box (both still on my IP) can connect to the same server

so what's the difference between my normal connection and connecting through a vmware virtual machine? in terms of something that could result in this
The game sends his local IP address to the gameserver to prevent these things. This allows people from the same LAN to play the game, but not multiple clients on one PC. I'll let you figure out yourself how to modify that value :P
Old 08/27/2008, 20:01   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearscreen View Post
The game sends his local IP address to the gameserver to prevent these things. This allows people from the same LAN to play the game, but not multiple clients on one PC. I'll let you figure out yourself how to modify that value :P
yeah that's what I figured was the most likely scenario, but... and I know how to change my local IP

but the problem is how do I make several clients on my computer send different local IP's? VMware does this by running the program through a virtual ethernet adapter-

but how do I get the same effect without vmware?

I guess you could reverse the client to the point that you'd make it generate a random IP to send every time, but that'd be a pain in the *** since mmorpg's patch their clients fairly often :P
Old 08/27/2008, 20:57   #24

Why not to try connect 1st exe directly ,and 2nd exe using proxy(for ex. proxifier)?
Old 08/27/2008, 21:38   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layka0 View Post
Why not to try connect 1st exe directly ,and 2nd exe using proxy(for ex. proxifier)?
would probably work, but the connection wouldnt be half as stable, the latency to this game from my computer is already quite bad... but yea proxifier should work- trying it now; thanks.
Old 08/27/2008, 21:49   #26

No, proxy isn't going to work because the local IP will still be local IP, tunneling your remote connection through a proxy won't change that.
Old 08/28/2008, 00:40   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearscreen View Post
No, proxy isn't going to work because the local IP will still be local IP, tunneling your remote connection through a proxy won't change that.
oh, yea... **** :P

also forcebindip doesnt work, gives some korean error about Updater.exe (and that's with running requiem.exe with the *correct* parameters, that work if you try to run it from a shortcut instead of forcebindip for example)
Old 09/02/2008, 07:58   #28

I used a hex editor to change the process from requiem.exe to requiem2.exe, worked fine during 2.0.

Also I know sandboxie does this for you.
Old 09/02/2008, 21:14   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampathy View Post
I used a hex editor to change the process from requiem.exe to requiem2.exe, worked fine during 2.0.
And you managed to connect to the same server with 2 clients? That's weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampathy View Post
Also I know sandboxie does this for you.
sandboxie makes the requiem client send a different local IP?
Old 09/13/2008, 11:02   #30

tried a sandbox?