Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 16:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to run 2(or more) Eden Eternal clients [w/ pictures]

Discussion on How to run 2(or more) Eden Eternal clients [w/ pictures] within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to run 2(or more) Eden Eternal clients [w/ pictures]

Hey guys, long time viewer, first time poster. I just thought I would share with everyone and do a quick post on how to run 2 Eden Eternal clients at the same time. So here goes.

We are going to be using a program called Sandboxie.

"Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer."
So essentially we are going to be running a client of Eden Eternal in a sandbox and one normally, enabling us to trick the client into thinking we really only have one open. This is because the client we open normally will not detect the sandboxed client.

Step 1: Download and Install Sandboxie :
Step 2: Launch Sandboxie.
Step 3: In Sandboxie Control, Right click on "Sandbox DefaultBox" and go to "Sandbox Settings".
Step 4: Under Restrictions and then Drop Rights, make sure you have "Drop rights from Administrators and Power Users groups" unticked.
Step 5: Open your first Eden Eternal client as normal, but leave it running at the log in screen and continue with the following steps.
Step 6: In your Sanboxie Control, go to Configure -> Windows Shell Intergration. From there click on "Add Shortcut Icons". Something like this will appear.
Step 7: Find Programs -> Area Games -> Eden Eternal -> Play EdenEternal and click on it. You will now have an icon on your desktop that looks like this.

Step 8: Launch your second Eden Eternal client from the Icon you have just created.

You will now see a launcher for Eden Eternal and hit "Start Game". You will now be running 2 Eden Eternal clients at the same time!

Hope this helps all those who did not know it was possible, or how to do it.
If any mistakes are spotted let me know.
I made this myself, I did not copy this off anyone.
Thanks for reading (:
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/20/2011, 18:18   #2

when I do all you say it works until i press start game at eden eternal, then I check the programs sandboxed and at sometime, without giving me a window of eden eternal, it closes everything.
Old 08/20/2011, 18:20   #3

Hmm many games running with sandbox allow to run at once such as diablo 2 or rf online private servers such as i use
Old 02/05/2012, 11:55   #4

it didnt work anymore...so sad...looks like aeria adds ip check or something..
can some1 find another way to launch 2 clients? ;d