Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 15:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Help with It Might Be NES for PS3 (selfboot)

Discussion on Help with It Might Be NES for PS3 (selfboot) within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Help with It Might Be NES for PS3 (selfboot)

Is it possible to make a self-boot PS1 disc that will work on an unmodded PS3 (and without Linux) if the image is burned onto a black disc? It seems that Sony may have incorporated some other security measures on the PS1 discs beyond using black CDs, but if anyone knows how to make one please let me know.

This is basically an emulation project to get another games format working on the PS3 without having to modify the machine or format the hard drive to install Linux. There may be other emulators which worked on the PS1 format, but IMBNES is the only one I've found so far.

If anyone knows any other ways of getting emulators to work on a standard, fat 80gb PS3 without modding it etc, please let me know this too

If only PS3 homebrew was as simple as the Dreamcast!!