Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 17:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

(Question) 3D analyzer help

Discussion on (Question) 3D analyzer help within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
(Question) 3D analyzer help

So my Graphic card on my extrememly fast computer died. So i found this application :

Basically what it does, is emulates a Graphic card , therefore letting you play games that require a video card. But the problem is to use it, you must run the main exe file, in this case its Hero.exe. But the only way to run Hero.exe, is to use Launcher.exe first! So it doesnt work =(

Does anyone have any ideas?
I was gonna try the Hero Online forum, but they arent helpful, and you guys seem to get questions answered =)
Old 05/09/2011, 04:21   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonGL View Post
So my Graphic card on my extrememly fast computer died. So i found this application :

Basically what it does, is emulates a Graphic card , therefore letting you play games that require a video card. But the problem is to use it, you must run the main exe file, in this case its Hero.exe. But the only way to run Hero.exe, is to use Launcher.exe first! So it doesnt work =(

Does anyone have any ideas?
I was gonna try the Hero Online forum, but they arent helpful, and you guys seem to get questions answered =)
The Launcher works as an middleman between the Webpage and the game.The website starts up the Launcher and sends it 4 command strings, two of them being your username and an randomly encrypted version of your password.

The Launcher handles any patch updates and then passes those 4 commands plus a startup command that tells Hero it's okay to run. Without this startup command, Hero won't know if it is to start up the US client, the Brazilian client, the Chinese client or the Turkish client. And without the encrypted password, Hero won't know how to let you into the game unless it gets your correct password.

The encryption on the password is a frustration that I haven't had time to do more than look at as of yet.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2011, 05:32   #3

Ahh. Sounds almost impossible to get hero working on my computer then. Thats ok. Thank You for the reply, it was very useful
Old 05/09/2011, 19:14   #4

Quote:
Ahh. Sounds almost impossible to get hero working on my computer then. Thats ok. Thank You for the reply, it was very useful
Nope u can try it with some old tools from me.
Download my file which will read out the start arguments of hero.exe from the launcher and save it to the startHeroExe.txt file.
  1. Login into the webpage
  2. Press start and wait for the launcher
  3. Now start my little 50 Cents tool
  4. Open the startHeroExe.txt file with an editor
  5. Copy the StartCommand value and insert it into your "GraficWrapperApplikation"
  6. start your Grafik Tool and Hero could be from Shell startable
U need to redo these steps everytime u want hero to start, because the password has a time expiration.

And finally Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip HeroLauncherArgs.zip (346.2 KB, 22 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2011, 00:58   #5

Ahhh thanks

Ahh thank you very much for this. But i have a question about step 5.

"Copy the StartCommand value and insert it into your "GraficWrapperApplikation""

I found the startcommand value. But where do I insert the value into? Sorry im new at this lol.
Old 05/10/2011, 18:04   #6

Quote:
Ahh thank you very much for this. But i have a question about step 5.

"Copy the StartCommand value and insert it into your "GraficWrapperApplikation""

I found the startcommand value. But where do I insert the value into? Sorry im new at this lol.
Quote:
I thought the grafic emulator needs to start the hero.exe. If yes use the startcommand for it, which allows you to start hero.exe directly from shell or emulator without the launcher.exe in the start sequence.

With GrafikWrapperApplication i ment the graphic emulator program u mentioned.
Old 05/20/2011, 08:32   #7

You should just buy a new graphics card. Put a side like $100 or so for a decent card.