Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 12:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

WoW - NVIDIA drivers issue

Discussion on WoW - NVIDIA drivers issue within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1531
Received Thanks: 2,935
WoW - NVIDIA drivers issue

If you own a NVIDIA graphics card you should read the following bluepost from Datth:

"We're getting reports where users are getting intermittent low FPS after installing these drivers. It seems that it is related to the fan control included in these drivers not working correctly and is causing the video card to overheat on 3D applications. This will affect Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2 Beta. Please uninstall the drivers and revert back to the older ones."

Windows XP: NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Windows XP 64-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Windows Vista/7 32-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Windows Vista/7 64-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL

More information can be found on threads such as these:

- Major with new drivers with my- 9800gt not oc - NVIDIA Forums
- Problem with 196.75 driver - NVIDIA Forums"
- World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Recent In-Game Fixes - March 2010 - 3/4

As you can see, deleting the current drivers and switching to an older version is currently the best solution. If you seem to have familiar problems please report in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
WoW - NVIDIA drivers issue-news_wownvidia.jpg  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/05/2010, 15:55   #2

elite*gold: 0
Looks like the drivers only broke the automatic fan control of my graphics card. If you force your fan speed to 100% it will also work with the very latest drivers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2010, 18:30   #3

elite*gold: 246
Just for clarification, because it wasn't been stated explicitly, all references to "latest" or "current" drivers refer to the 196.75 version. References to "older" drivers are the 196.21 drivers, which the OP posted links for.

Nvidia has also removed the 196.75 drivers from their download pages as a precaution.
Old 03/06/2010, 23:44   #4

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Arthur View Post
Just for clarification, because it wasn't been stated explicitly, all references to "latest" or "current" drivers refer to the 196.75 version. References to "older" drivers are the 196.21 drivers, which the OP posted links for.

Nvidia has also removed the 196.75 drivers from their download pages as a precaution.
This isnt bothering the 175.19 updated drivers!

Tags
wow