Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 02:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sony: PlayStation 5 in process of planning

Discussion on Sony: PlayStation 5 in process of planning within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 101
Received Thanks: 2,746
Sony: PlayStation 5 in process of planning

After PlayStation 4 has been on the market for more than one year, Sony already thinks about the fifth generation of their game consoles. In an interview with japanese magazin "Nikki", Vice President of Sony Masayasu Ito confirmed that PlayStation 5 is definitely being planned but it is unknown whether it will be a physical console or cloud service. Cloud gaming service PlayStation Now shows that Sony is interested in cloud services anyway.

PlayStation 4 was released on November 29th last year. If Sony released PlayStation 5 after same time intervals as the older consoles, it wouldn't be expected until five to seven years. Would you like a cloud service? Or do you want PlayStation 5 as a classic console? Please let us know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
Sony: PlayStation 5 in process of planning-psbild.jpg  
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/23/2014, 14:40   #2

elite*gold: 0
I think Playstation 5 as a classic console would be more apelative than a cloud service
Old 12/24/2014, 09:43   #3

elite*gold: 500
Not all countries can afford a great internet connection. (including mine, best connection I ever got was 230kb/s at 160ms - Lebanon)

So it's a definitive no for the cloud service, plus I see so many down sides on that.
Old 12/24/2014, 11:04   #4

elite*gold: 20
In a developed country, cloud is a reasonable offer. In a developing or an underdeveloped country people won't be able to reach these services because of the Internet limitations due to quotas,speed,quality of line,etc..

Yet, I guess Sony may easily come up with ups and downs report to make that decision.

If cloud is the future I see no reason to avoid it yet of course it is easy for me to say it that way as I am using a hopping 200mbit/20mbit cable with no quotas in blazing 4ms ping to main hub.
Old 12/25/2014, 17:46   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
the Ps4 rarely selling, Sony having a BIG BIG BIG issue with the movie's deparment, their TV and media being outnumbered by Samsung and Apple, their TV series being near to lame(most)

I rarely think we have a Ps5, and if we do; compared to the sales of the Ps3 and Ps4, they must be prepared to sell very poorly
Old 12/25/2014, 21:35   #6

elite*gold: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
the Ps4 rarely selling, Sony having a BIG BIG BIG issue with the movie's deparment, their TV and media being outnumbered by Samsung and Apple, their TV series being near to lame(most)

I rarely think we have a Ps5, and if we do; compared to the sales of the Ps3 and Ps4, they must be prepared to sell very poorly
The Ps4 is still the best selling console, nobody can deny that. I must say issues with the movie department aren't that dramatic economic-wise, the movie is still being shown in certain places, and for their TVs, they're as good as Samsung's and LG's (as of an owner of 2 Sony Bravia's).

I don't think the current big companies are going to drop out very soon, but I wouldn't go with a cloud service knowing how many times Sony's networks get hacked.
Old 12/25/2014, 22:21   #7
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnaudi View Post
The Ps4 is still the best selling console, nobody can deny that. I must say issues with the movie department aren't that dramatic economic-wise, the movie is still being shown in certain places, and for their TVs, they're as good as Samsung's and LG's (as of an owner of 2 Sony Bravia's).

I don't think the current big companies are going to drop out very soon, but I wouldn't go with a cloud service knowing how many times Sony's networks get hacked.
Im never saying it is not the best selling, but have you seen their selling goal? It's not even close to the current amount. This reason is due to several stuff, but mostly due to mobile phones(Japan had a drop on console games of almost 60% because of smartphones)

Second, while their TVs are good, Samsung is wiping the floor with their SmartTVs, Sony is just selling

And yes, the Sony is not disappearing anytime soon, but the fact they are almost on their 6th year of looses and that Ps4 is way slower on mayor selling than the Wii U and X-One is a clear example of why a Ps5 is uncommon
Old 12/27/2014, 03:54   #8

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
And yes, the Sony is not disappearing anytime soon, but the fact they are almost on their 6th year of looses and that Ps4 is way slower on mayor selling than the Wii U and X-One is a clear example of why a Ps5 is uncommon
What do you mean by "Ps4 is way slower on mayor selling than the Wii U and X-One"? The PS4 is the fastest selling console ever made. it wiped the floor with everyone else!

Also Sony losing money wont effect the Playstation division at all.. The Playstation division is making great profits right now! worst case scenario will be that they split off and make the Playstation division its own thing outside of Sony.
Old 12/30/2014, 01:16   #9

PS4 was already pretty nice, I hope PS5 will be even better.
Old 01/02/2015, 22:46   #10

Ps5 ? PS4 was a fail..
Old 02/13/2015, 22:26   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Salih View Post
Ps5 ? PS4 Shouldn't exsist in 1st place..
fixed /10yearsShot
Old 06/24/2015, 22:19   #12

Don't get hyped already because you'd never know if there will be a playstation 5.
Old 11/26/2015, 12:35   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichuix View Post
Don't get hyped already because you'd never know if there will be a playstation 5.
There will be PlayStation 5 (100%)
Like Xbox 720

It's inevitable.
Progress is moving fast, hope that someday we will have the technology to play like in "Sword Art Online" anime.

D.D.
Old 11/29/2015, 05:31   #14

Quote:
PS4 was already pretty nice, I hope PS5 will be even better.
+1
Old 01/04/2016, 20:05   #15

PS4 was extremly nice if they ll make a new PS5 as good as PS4 it will be very nice

Tags
ps5, sony