Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 10:28

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



Genderfakers banned in some MMOs

Discussion on Genderfakers banned in some MMOs within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Reply
 
Old 11/06/2009, 10:01   #16
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 419
Received Thanks: 142
And that's why China is communists. <_<
NO FREEDOM!
iNFIDEL_ is offline  
Old 11/06/2009, 10:04   #17
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,008
Received Thanks: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick5 View Post
but that will only make the female players make male chars cause they will feel akward having togo on their webcam to prove themselves

what about the security thing?
they may take a photo of you and sell their data bases etc when they sell their patents etc :/
U-235 is offline  
Old 11/07/2009, 08:49   #18
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 141
Received Thanks: 28
Facepalm -.-
mew123 is offline  
Old 11/07/2009, 10:05   #19
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,202
Received Thanks: 189
I've got a sister O_o
einszwei is offline  
Old 11/07/2009, 13:45   #20
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Received Thanks: 0
What about the girls that look like dudes...or guys that look like chicks..
Or maybe they have you flash the camera.....
rnr is offline  
Old 11/07/2009, 15:29   #21
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 61
Received Thanks: 11
The best way to go about this is to make it optional and making gender checking show an extra status of confirmed.
i.e. Female*, where *Unconfirmed gender

Secondly, you can hide the confirmed status at will. This way, confirmed people can hide like everyone else, but if they really want to prove it they can.
v1510n is offline  
Old 11/08/2009, 01:36   #22
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Received Thanks: 8
that is stupid.
Quote:
The best way to go about this is to make it optional and making gender checking show an extra status of confirmed.
i.e. Female*, where *Unconfirmed gender

Secondly, you can hide the confirmed status at will. This way, confirmed people can hide like everyone else, but if they really want to prove it they can.
and dat would be nice ... nice ideia dude,2 bad no1 gives a crapp what some guys are talkin bout a gender comproval in a HACKS forum...
Eddie2200 is offline  
Old 11/08/2009, 03:48   #23
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 21
Received Thanks: 5
uhmmm its called google images + fotoshop... uhmmm sudubeed noobs
jackson321 is offline  
Old 11/08/2009, 22:47   #24
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,215
Received Thanks: 1,359
damm

now I cant fap anymore to my female characters.


I can always try dressing up like a girl. maybe it actually works lol
strukel is offline  
Old 11/10/2009, 09:25   #25
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,093
Received Thanks: 440
Controversy
Posted by in World News

comments 84

In late September, a Chinese MMO company started banning accounts of Male players that play female characters ingame. The reason for the bans is that they firmly believe that you are a homosexual if you do, or that you like to watch your female avatar from behind... And apparently they feel that it shouldn't be allowed to play a character of the opposite gender of your own.

I'd also like to mention that we probably have about 25+ male players in Ensidia that plays a female character.


"A man would want to play a female character is often evidence enough for many in the online community to label someone a homosexual."



Aurora Technology, a subsidiary of MMO giant Shanda that publishes many MMOs in China, including AION, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Company of Heroes Online, started requiring players of their MMO King of the World, to start proving their gender via webcam. The rule, which was first announced in late September, seems to apply only to male players playing female characters and not the reverse.


via Gamepolitics.com
EviLcLoWnS™ is offline  
Old 11/10/2009, 09:29   #26
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 723
Received Thanks: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclowns View Post
Controversy
Posted by in World News

comments 84

In late September, a Chinese MMO company started banning accounts of Male players that play female characters ingame. The reason for the bans is that they firmly believe that you are a homosexual if you do, or that you like to watch your female avatar from behind... And apparently they feel that it shouldn't be allowed to play a character of the opposite gender of your own.

I'd also like to mention that we probably have about 25+ male players in Ensidia that plays a female character.


"A man would want to play a female character is often evidence enough for many in the online community to label someone a homosexual."



Aurora Technology, a subsidiary of MMO giant Shanda that publishes many MMOs in China, including AION, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Company of Heroes Online, started requiring players of their MMO King of the World, to start proving their gender via webcam. The rule, which was first announced in late September, seems to apply only to male players playing female characters and not the reverse.


via Gamepolitics.com

hahahaha this is purely epic
Faintedcombat is offline  
Old 11/20/2009, 06:58   #27
 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,702
Received Thanks: 1,545
Stupidest idea ever...I have a mother.
audi0slave is offline  
Old 11/24/2009, 15:26   #28
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 237
Received Thanks: 26
fair enough!
rsalumpit is offline  
Old 11/24/2009, 15:28   #29
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 326
Received Thanks: 23
Dumm gelaufen .. ;p
.Diamant is offline  
Old 11/24/2009, 16:40   #30
 
elite*gold: 37
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,156
Received Thanks: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by strukel View Post
damm

now I cant fap anymore to my female characters.


I can always try dressing up like a girl. maybe it actually works lol
no, since most games have magical armors as in they change shape automatically into its owners shape,... so if you wear an armor that belonged to a woman before, it will just transform magically into a male armor
x]vIrus[x is offline  
Reply


Similar Threads Similar Threads
Free MMOs : Low Specifications
08/23/2011 - General Gaming Discussion - 26 Replies
This are the games that do not require much to play. The specs are in their minumium requirement. Credits are given to : MageMoa Maplestory 256mb RAM, Processor 1GHZ, 3D-card (atleast 16mb would be handy)
Verbannung von Genderfakern aus MMOs
11/21/2009 - Gaming News - DE - 67 Replies
Ok Leute, ich gebe zu diese Nachricht hat mich zum Lachen gebracht, also lest weiter: Aurora Technology, der Chinesische Publisher von Games wie Aion und Dungeons and Dragons Online gab bekannt, dass geplant wird ein sogenanntes Gender Identity System in einigen MMOs einzusetzen. Mit diesem System müssen Spieler, die einen weiblichen Charakter erstellen wollen zuerst einen Webcam-Test absolvieren. Männliche Spieler, die weibliche Charaktere spielen, sollen danach gebannt werden. Der Sinn der...
China vs MMOs - Die nächste Episode
11/14/2009 - Gaming News - DE - 21 Replies
Ein weiterer Schritt der chinesischen Regierung auf ihrem Kreuzzug gegen Online Games ist getan. Sie meinen es ernst und wollen wie üblich die absolute Kontrolle über die Situation. Diesmal brachten sie es laut GAPP (General Administration of Press and Publication) fertig, alle ausländischen Unternehmen, Joint-Ventures und Firmen aus ihrer Online Game Industrie zu verbannen. Keinem ausländischen Akteur ist es nunmehr erlaubt sich in irgendeiner Weise in den chinesischen MMO-Markt einzumischen,...



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

BTC: 33E6kMtxYa7dApCFzrS3Jb7U3NrVvo8nsK
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2020 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.