Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Secret World

Discussion on The Secret World within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The Secret World

Funcom announced a highly anticipated MMORPG called "The secret World".

Maybe some of you know or dont but there is big fuss made by 12.12.2012 when supposedly the end of a 10 thousand year cicle will end as the mayan calendar tells.The game's website has a counter in mayan characters that is supposed to reach 0 at 12:00 AM 12.12.2012.Some fans speculated that the game might be launched at that date.About this date there are many speculations but the most intriguing theory is that on 12.12.2012 all the secrets of the world will be uncovered and we all will get to know the "truth".

Here the game starts.
The game is made as a possibility of what could happen.The game it self starts with you being an ordinary teenager.Suddently you get atacked by monsters and in a flash you get super powers and weapons from nowhere.

The concept of the game itself is very good:no level/no grind>pure gameplay.

The purpose of the game is to complete the storyline and get cool weapons and items.The players will be free to travel across different locations of the world (both real, like London and New York, and mythical, e.g. Agartha, the legendary city located within Hollow Earth) and even in time, to pursue the overall plot and investigate new mysteries in connection to the dark invasion.

Here is some info about the game from their website.

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2 launched this year at PAX 2009:

PAX 2009 game developer statement.

THE SOCIETIES:

TEMPLARS: “We do this because we are compelled: by tradition, by loyalty, by laws. Without these we are just animals. Evil reigns over animals,corrupting and compromising, topling empires. Our empire must be incorruptable, must be uncompromising. Our conflict must be a righteous one.“

The Templars are the “good” guys and have been fighting evil since the beginning of time. Based out of London, they will stop at nothing to make sure “good” prevails, including burning down whole villages to get to the demon in the middle. They are zealots and do not take any prisoners. If you have been tainted by evil, even in the smallest amount, you are an enemy in their eyes. They believe they are righteous. They see themselves as not just participating in the war on evil, they are the war on evil. Traditionally to be a Templar, you had to have been born into the order. Now you may gain acceptance into the order as long as you pledge yourself to the righteous path and to the tennants of the Templars.

ILLUMINATI “Its all about power,grabbing it, keeping it, using it. Power is our currency, our dna, our god. We control the world. We provide the blueprint and we give the instructions.“

The Illuminati are the “bad” guys and the sworn enemies of the Templars. Based out of New York,they are fighting the good cause as well and trying to eradicate evil, however their methods are very questionable. They will shake down demons with one hand but negotiate with sorcerers with the other hand, as long as the “cause” is being served. Heritage means nothing in their eyes. To earn their respect and gain acceptance, it is about what you can get done no matter what it takes. Where you come from, your bloodlines, are meaningless. For them it is all about survival of the fitness. They are ruthless and ambitious and are said to pull the strings of Western government in contrast to the Templars who influence religion.

DRAGON “When they think we are in front of them, we are behind them. When they think we are weak, we are strong. When they think we are few, we are legion. For there ever to be true balance, there must first be chaos. We create chaos in order to achieve balance. The two most powerful warriors are patience and time. We are Dragon and we have both.“

The Dragon believe that the only way to achieve balance is to first create chaos. Based out of Seoul, they follow the teachings of what they call the true Sun Tzu’s Art of War, which is “chaos and deception”. They like to be the manipulators and the agitators in between the war of other two societies. They like to play The Templars and the Illuminati against each other and then pick up the pieces in the end. They like to stay in the shadows and because of that not much are known about them. They prefer it that way, only the Dragon know what the Dragon truly are. They are like a Chinese puzzle box.

Official links:
D A R K D A Y S A R E C O M I N G -official site
D A R K D E M O N S C R Y G A I A -official forum

In the meantime go to D A R K * D A Y S * A R E * C O M I N G and take the personality test to find out which society you are best suited for, become an initiate to a society and become eligble to win exclusive future beta access plus stay up-to-date on the development of The Secret World.

I belong to the order of the Templars.Make your test and post what you have got ^_^.
Attached Thumbnails
The Secret World-secret-world-20090407105443382_640w.jpg  
Thanks
7 Users
Old 09/19/2009, 18:17   #2

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Aha <3 norwegian game makers.
Old 09/19/2009, 22:31   #3

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 9,968
I want to be a Illuminati!
Old 09/19/2009, 22:33   #4

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 3,072
I`m a Illuminati ! YAY!

looks great ;-).
Old 09/20/2009, 03:12   #5

sounds amazing, cannot wait. Hopefully they don't expect to release it in 2012, That's a bit to long.

Oh and i took the test, it resulted " You will be perfect for ILLUMINATI ".
Old 09/20/2009, 18:47   #6

Said I was perfect for Illuminati, but I still chose dragon.
Old 09/20/2009, 19:50   #7

elite*gold: 1406
The Black Market: 150/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,126
the test said i would be a dragon, fine with me
Old 09/20/2009, 19:58   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.L.O.M.O.N. View Post
the test said i would be a dragon, fine with me
Haha, me too. xD
Old 09/21/2009, 05:54   #9

I am a Illuminati XD

Hopefully they come out real soon. From what I saw. Awesome game.
Old 09/23/2009, 18:54   #10

Dragon FTW
Old 09/23/2009, 20:34   #11

Anyone know if this game is going to be released as a P2P or F2P game?
Old 09/29/2009, 14:31   #12

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,546
Noone is a templar ?xD
@Zacko : they didnt announce that yet.probably p2p,it looks promissing.
Old 04/20/2012, 18:24   #13

Everyone's bandwagoning illuminati ...
Old 04/21/2012, 17:33   #14

Received Thanks: 1,320
Anyone knows when OBT is planned? not planning on buying it before I've tried it.
Old 07/05/2012, 14:59   #15

its online now

Tags
tsw