Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 08:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Flappy Bird: Comeback in sight!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1804
Received Thanks: 2,598
Flappy Bird: Comeback in sight!

The Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen achieved a worldwide coup with his application "Flappy Bird", to the point where rumours say he earned up to 50.000 US dollar every single day just by advertisement. One month ago, due to the heavy influence the whole success had on his private life, he decided to remove the game from the Android and iOS stores, as people started to claim the game was downright addicting and not serving its actual purpose (we reported on this). In an interview with the magazine Rolling Stone, the developer now reveals some interesting news whilst talking about this topic. Accordingly, he's thinking of a comeback of the flapping bird and an inclusion of warning notices which remind players that they should consider a break.

Nguyen himself stated that he's not yet working on a remake of his famous game, however he has three other projects which are currently being developed. The games, namely "Kitty Jetpack", a flying game, "Checkonaut", a chess game, and lastly a still unnamed, cowboy themed shooter, are what is awaiting us in the near future.

And now it's your turn! Would you like to see a comeback of "Flappy Bird"? Or do you think all of what the developer has done so far is just a well planned marketing strategy?

Original Source: Flappy Bird: Comeback in Aussicht!
Attached Images

Thanks
9 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Well i never played it. But he made some good money of it and jailbroken iphones and still download it

Old   #3

yea yea yea yea maybe but flappy bird is R.I.P. 4ever so..
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 1,671
it was not that addicting.. i don't know how it got so famous in first place

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #5

elite*gold: 834
removing it from the store was just a marketing strategy... that made the game even more popular & now hes gonna put it back so hes gonna earn even more...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

@zaboer the game has been off from appstore and google market for about maybe a month, if it was a marketing strategy he would have put the game on after a few days not a month later. He is a single man, the developer, he doesnt have a team. He made this game from his house, i doubt he has any marketing knowladge.
Old   #7

elite*gold: 83
The Black Market: 148/0/0
If it was a marketing strategy or not , nobody will ever know , but that s*** is really addictive +.+ , unfortunatly I had'nt enough time to downlaod the original flappy bird , only got a "fake" of it , its impressive how a so simple game can atract so many people atention !
Old   #8

I love Asuna
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

life was just started to get better without flappy bird.... and now :'(
Old   #10

Im not a lot intersted in flappy bird....but i have to do my compliment to yasugo, seen a lot of his post about gaming news. Nice done yasugo, nice reported news!!!

By don94
Old   #11

elite*gold: 1804
Received Thanks: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ballz View Post
I love Asuna
Well, who doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don94 View Post
Im not a lot intersted in flappy bird....but i have to do my compliment to yasugo, seen a lot of his post about gaming news. Nice done yasugo, nice reported news!!!

By don94
It's Yusago, but I appreciate the compliment and will forward it, as I am not the one who's writing them.
Old   #12

elite*gold: 135
Flappy Bird has got so many Newcomers. I think the Original will be beaten out by some other versions with improvements
#hypothesis
Old   #13

I loved flappy birds! Played for 10 hours every day.
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90kalle90 View Post
I loved flappy birds! Played for 10 hours every day.
You were really addicted to this game then.

That game wasn't that much fun. I prefer Online Games on the PC.
Old   #15

They overcomplicate a lot of games nowadays with story / graphics and try to make it like a real movie experience. Some of these games that go back to basis are really great - even the most simple concepts not yet thought of and do really well. If you can start a trend of remakes of your game you know you were on to something big, he could of made a lot more money.

Tags
app