Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 23:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Call of Duty: Development Time increased to 3 Years

Discussion on Call of Duty: Development Time increased to 3 Years within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 192
Received Thanks: 3,691
Call of Duty: Development Time increased to 3 Years

For years, the two US-American subsidiaries Infinity Ward and Treyarch have annually taken it in turns to do the development of the first-person shooter series "Call of Duty". If one does follow this rhythm, we can in all likelihood expect that the next title, released in the upcoming November, will be developed by Treyarch. But adding Sledgehammer Games results in a team of three studios, which also increases the development period from 2 years for one game to three years. Of what exactly the "newcomer" is capable is something we will already experience this year: "Call of Duty" originates accrues 2014 in Sledgehammer's studios.

The development period's rise might not only clear the studios of a charge, but also plays into the community's hands. The lack of innovation, a remittent joy of playing and the overall quality of the game series have been in the past repeatedly criticised. Admittedly, the distance gap between one game and its successor remains, however, those responsible will have more time in order to develop and create brisk features as well as new techniques.

Sledgehammer Games is everything but an old hand of the computer game scene, nonetheless, it has proven itself among others through the cooperation with Infinity Ward for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3". What do you think? Is the time expansion of the development period the first step in the right direction? Share your opinion and discuss your own expectations as well as wishes for the next parts of the game series.
Attached Images

Thanks
1 User
Old 02/09/2014, 00:49   #2

elite*gold: 834
what? every cod is developed by different developers?

r there differences in gameplay? (i only have mw3)
Old 02/09/2014, 12:52   #3

elite*gold: 134
maybe they can make a better game now
Old 02/10/2014, 18:54   #4

elite*gold: 65
Maybe it'll be better this time. I can only hope of something like cod4, mw2 or waw...
Old 02/22/2014, 03:33   #5

elite*gold: 0
At least now we will have a better Game that took time and effort to be worked on
Old 02/27/2014, 13:01   #6

I hope they are going to add some new features
Old 03/02/2014, 16:40   #7

yeah hopefully the game wont be garbage now
Old 03/06/2014, 23:34   #8

1 years worth of work now done in 3 years...
Old 03/07/2014, 13:18   #9

Like if its gonna change anything, same graphics as mw1 aka 2008 engine, yet they still selling a lot i dont understand it

Tags
cod, infinityward, sh, treyarch