Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 10:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Origin: EA introduces Right to return Games

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,337
Origin: EA introduces Right to return Games

As one could understand from current news on Origin's official English-language website, they have surprisingly announced that it will be possible to return unsatisfying games. However, there are some important restrictions when it comes to making use of this offer - for example, the game had to be bought through the digital distribution platform of Origin.

Origin is rather unpopular amongst gamers, which is something EA would like to change with their new guideline "Origin Great Game Guarantee". If the customer is not satisfied with the game due to different reasons, he or she is able to return it inbetween 24 hours. If this game hasn't even been started, then mentioned timespan increases to 7 days; last-mentioned is also valid for pre-orders. Moreover, that game has to be published by Electronic Arts - titles being released by third-publishers are not part of EA's new game guarantee. When these requirements are fulfilled, one will get his money paid back after soonest 7 days. It's said at above-mentioned Origin website:

"If something doesn't work out—you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card—we’ve got your back."

This whole system is something EA would like to keep as simple as possible. In order to return money, you will have to open your purchase overview - corresponding information should be written there. What's only left is to answer several questions. The Origin Great Game Guarantee is currently offered in 20 countries - further should follow around the end of September. What do you think about Origin's new guideline? Is this the right step to make?

Attached Thumbnails
Origin: EA introduces Right to return Games-image.php.png  

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,565
So, what now for steam? It seems like Origin is doing better at the moment, even though I've always despised it.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
So, what now for steam? It seems like Origin is doing better at the moment, even though I've always despised it.
wouldnt agree,steam is still doing better,the reason origin is doing this is simply because they suck and they know it.....steam will be always more popular then Origin

i have 1 question about this game return thing tho,lets say there are some with low internet speed
and they are downloading a game and arent able to download it in those 24 hours,will it be counted as if they never went into game,or as soon as they start the download or what ever,its counted from there the 24 hours till they can return the game.....
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Winter View Post
i have 1 question about this game return thing tho,lets say there are some with low internet speed
and they are downloading a game and arent able to download it in those 24 hours,will it be counted as if they never went into game,or as soon as they start the download or what ever,its counted from there the 24 hours till they can return the game.....
I pretty much guess that it counts from the moment on, when you have actually completely downloaded or installed the game.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

well in my opinion 24 hours is enough to check the game out and see if its worth buying or not,this is a good thing in some cases,however i'm pretty sure they will loose a lot of money by doing this.....don't think this will be good for EA,however this is great for consumers,wont need to buy some crappy game for good,will be able to check the game,and see if i like it or not and choose if i want it or not...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Winter View Post
well in my opinion 24 hours is enough to check the game out and see if its worth buying or not,this is a good thing in some cases,however i'm pretty sure they will loose a lot of money by doing this.....don't think this will be good for EA,however this is great for consumers,wont need to buy some crappy game for good,will be able to check the game,and see if i like it or not and choose if i want it or not...
In my opinion they are just going to profit from that offer. I mean it's only 24 hours - this is not much time. People will be thinking "whatever, I just give it back" but what are 24 hours to get to know a game? It's nothing and most people will however play it longer than that and - oh wonder oh wonder - their offer has expired.
Old   #7

wouldnt agree,you can get to know a game in an hour,maybe two,thats enough to see if a game is worth buying or not,especialy with games like lets say Call of duty ( i know its not from EA its just to show what i mean ) which have small story missions that can get finished in few hours......this cant go to their advantage in any way,with this they will loose buyers,and thats for sure....

Tags
ea, origin