Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 10:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ubisoft: Uplay was hacked - Password Change as Safety Measure

Discussion on Ubisoft: Uplay was hacked - Password Change as Safety Measure within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Ubisoft: Uplay was hacked - Password Change as Safety Measure

The multi-gaming platform Uplay hosted by Ubisoft was hacked according to statements of the game developer. Due to this incident, gamers are called upon to change the password of their accounts to decrease risks of having complications or even losing access to it. No more information has been announced by Ubisoft, yet.

With help of countless websites, which were connected with the Uplay network, a hacker group was able to copy huge amounts of data from the provider's servers. Still, there are no details about what kind of information has been stolen, but the company already commented on this incident and confirmed, that the hackers definitely had access to login data of gamers. According to Ubisoft, the hackers were not only able to steal user names, but also the corresponding email addresses and passwords for the account. Fortunately, the data dialled during payment methods was saved separately, which is why Ubisoft ensures that there is no need to worry about lost credit card numbers.

Nonetheless the company wants everybody, who cares about his or her account, to change the password immediately. Ever user is supposed to receive an email including a link, which allows to change the login password.

Elitepvpers suggest not to use the link posted in the email, but to reset it rather manually via the website, because there is a slight possibility that there might be many fake emails sent by hackers being in possession of your data.

Those, who don't want to run a risk, should better reset the password manually as mentioned before: password reset

Attached Thumbnails
Ubisoft: Uplay was hacked - Password Change as Safety Measure-4.png  
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/03/2013, 21:08   #2

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsy Xeemy View Post
[I]Elitepvpers suggest not to use the link posted in the email, but to reset it rather manually via the website, because there is a slight possibility that there might be many fake emails sent by hackers being in possession of your data.
lol I thought it was just a fake announcement and deleted the email straight.

Anyway, I don't really care about my uPlay account since I just created it to try Ghost Recon Online.
Old 07/03/2013, 21:12   #3

elite*gold: 0
epic news ty alot will go change the pw
Old 07/03/2013, 22:44   #4

elite*gold: 0
in past few months every now and then some game company gets hacked and asks for passwords to be changed,i wonder whats up with all this....
Old 07/04/2013, 19:40   #5

elite*gold: 179
The Black Market: 187/0/0
I am so suprised -_- ....
Thanks to *** that, i didn´t have a game from Ubisoft.

Tags
ubisoft