Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 23:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Saints Row 4: banned in Australia

Discussion on Saints Row 4: banned in Australia within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Saints Row 4: banned in Australia

Many of you know this problem - top titles including violence probably either are released as a censored and therewith "incomplete" version or not at all in your country. Not only German gamers have to struggle with this problem for some time now, but also Australian fans often are not able to enjoy games of this franchise
due to limitations. Saints Row 4 has now been officially declined by Australian authorities.

Actually, Deep Silver wanted to become a serious competitor against GTA V with Saints Row 4, but according to playerattack, this game's age restriction has been increased by the Australian Classification Board from R18+ to "no classification" - not allowing adults to play this game, which is equal to a ban.

Reason for this ban in Australia is amongst other ones the visually implied violence, which is not justified by the game's content, but by drug abuse offered as optional or additional objective.

That the publisher is not going to let his guard down to their actions was to be expected, as they have meanwhile announced, that Volition Inc. is working on a censored version for the Australian area. If there are going to be an edited version for Germany and imposed age restrictions or if it will be permitted at all is not known yet. Recently, a statement made by German USK reads as follows:

"Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with further information about the releases of finished test results beyond the scope of USK.
If you are not able to find any information, there might be different causes - either this game has not (yet) been submitted or the test procedure is not finished or it is being restricted to §23 (2) of USK-law (meaning, that the provider doesn't want to publish the results)."

Attached Images

Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/26/2013, 03:01   #2

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
Um, Just so you know, R18+ isn't a ban. It simply means its restricted to players over 18. Trust me, I live in Australia However reading that article tells me what you meant.

The game was too horrific for R18+ so it didn't classify at all! So it didn't get R18+...

-jD
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2013, 05:50   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post
Um, Just so you know, R18+ isn't a ban. It simply means its restricted to players over 18. Trust me, I live in Australia However reading that article tells me what you meant.

The game was too horrific for R18+ so it didn't classify at all! So it didn't get R18+...

-jD
Thanks a lot, I didn't really know how to understand this (as I am not trusted with the system in Australia). I've edited it right away.
Old 06/26/2013, 06:22   #4

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post

-jD
no he is right ..

Classification board refuses to rate new Saints Row title, meaning it cannot be sold in Australia .. it is illegal to sell it .. yeah it is not clearly banned but at this point without a rating .. it is the same thing
Old 06/26/2013, 08:33   #5

dont understand what is the point of banning a game,i understand that the game has too many violence and it can make some players go crazy,but in my opinion that's simply retarded....
Old 06/26/2013, 16:17   #6

They must have encountered what looked like a gay gimp rape scene like in pulp fiction.
Old 06/30/2013, 01:45   #7

theres a spiders..
Old 07/01/2013, 17:35   #8

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
I guess I'm lucky to live in Austria, almost nothing gets banned here (media wise).

Tags
saints row iv