Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The War Z Hacked

Discussion on The War Z Hacked within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
The War Z Hacked

Earlier today The War Z game, and forums have been taken offline by OP Productions -game's publisher- and HammerPoint due to a security breach in their systems.

"We are sorry to report that we have discovered that hackers gained access to our forum and game databases and the player data in those databases. We have launched a thorough investigation covering our entire system to determine the scope of the intrusion. This investigation is ongoing and is our top priority. As part of the remediation and security enhancement process we will be taking the game and forums down temporarily."

This is what has been said to their players through their site and through a massive email they have send to every player.

It is said that these hackers have gotten full access to their servers and databases; therefore, they have access to every email address, IP address, forum passwords, game passwords (which OP Productions claim to be encrypted) and it is recommended to change the password as soon as possible by following this link (is the one from the "Forgot Password" on the game launcher).

OP Productions has stated that no payment information has been compromised, as payments are done through a third-party software, so hackers wouldn't have gotten access to it, so there's no need to worry about this.

A lot of situations have happened around this game, with numerous reports of the game being a scam, of unfairly banned players, and plenty of other issues with the game, it isn't that much of a surprise to find out that their servers weren't even secured.

What will be next?
Attached Thumbnails
The War Z Hacked-warz.jpg  
Thanks
11 Users
Old 04/02/2013, 20:01   #2

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
fail Game -.-
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/02/2013, 20:03   #3

elite*gold: 0
Jeahh mein armer acc ..
Old 04/02/2013, 20:10   #4

elite*gold: 2
Das Game ist sowieso fail..
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2013, 20:26   #5

The Black Market: 259/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,611
Well the community makes it hard for WarZ to become a better game.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 04/02/2013, 20:41   #6

elite*gold: 26
Scamer sind echt so eine Plage....
..... allein der Fakt, dass man selbst nicht das Spiel zu spielen weiß....wohin mit diesen "Idioten".

Aber finde es gut, wie schnell darauf reagiert wird und wie es gehandhabt wird, dafür ein Lob.

Zum Game Selbst, da kann man nur Daumen drücken und vllt. mehr Promo betreiben.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/02/2013, 20:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower8 View Post
Scamer sind echt so eine Plage....
..... allein der Fakt, dass man selbst nicht das Spiel zu spielen weiß....wohin mit diesen "Idioten".

Aber finde es gut, wie schnell darauf reagiert wird und wie es gehandhabt wird, dafür ein Lob.

Zum Game Selbst, da kann man nur Daumen drücken und vllt. mehr Promo betreiben.
Scammer sind scheiße --> stimmt.

Aber das Spiel ist auch scheiße! Es spielt sich total schlecht ! Macht 0 Laune.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2013, 20:57   #8

elite*gold: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisergene View Post
Scammer sind scheiße --> stimmt.

Aber das Spiel ist auch scheiße! Es spielt sich total schlecht ! Macht 0 Laune.
Es macht schon Laune
Old 04/02/2013, 21:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawak View Post
Well the community makes it hard for WarZ to become a better game.
The community of this game is one of the worst I've been a part of; yet, this isn't the reason for the game being as unsuccessful as it is, because HammerPoint is to blame for this.

In my personal experience, this game is, as said by many, a scam, I myself feel scammed, even though I defended this game during alpha and everything, now I have to agree with the huge majority of the community.

I don't even think it would've been so hard to get access to them, the team seems to be totally unprofessional, and pretty much full of amateurs, so I am sure the security was really bad and it was a matter of time for this to happen -if it didn't happen before without them even noticing-

The game itself is enjoyable, yet with so many hackers, it is impossible to properly play the game, and the prices for private server rentals are senseless, not to mention that, if your server doesn't work, they won't give you support on it, and even if the server won't work at all, the timer will keep counting down...

This game has a huge potential, but not in the hands of HammerPoint; let me just repeat myself, this is my personal opinion of the game, based merely on what I have experienced.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/02/2013, 21:09   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeN. View Post
Es macht schon Laune
Ja die ganzen Hacker sind echt geil
Und ja genau die geile Grafik darf man ja auch nicht vergessen!
Oh genau das innovative Gameplay und die ganzen NICHT flamenden Spieler die einen ja nicht auf den Sack gehen das man die ja getötet hat

MÖP
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2013, 21:25   #11

elite*gold: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisergene View Post
Ja die ganzen Hacker sind echt geil
Und ja genau die geile Grafik darf man ja auch nicht vergessen!
Oh genau das innovative Gameplay und die ganzen NICHT flamenden Spieler die einen ja nicht auf den Sack gehen das man die ja getötet hat

MÖP
Schau dir mal die Grafik von DayZ an die ist auch nicht gerade die Beste Hacker gibt es in DayZ auch blos welche die dich in die Luft Porten und du bist tot

in DayZ flamen sie genauso rum

Aber WarZ bockt mehr wie DayZ finde ich
Old 04/02/2013, 21:53   #12

elite*gold: 15
War Z wurd einfach übelst schwer gemacht!! D.h. Kiddys halten sich fern(Positiv)
Day Z hat Autos usw. Das hat War Z nicht was wirklich das Spiel zur größten zeit langweilig macht!Wegen dem irre langsamen laufen.
Und das Startpacket ist MISERABEL in War Z.
Old 04/02/2013, 21:56   #13

elite*gold: 179
The Black Market: 187/0/0
Wow.. another argument against this game, I wanted to buy it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2013, 22:01   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeN. View Post
Schau dir mal die Grafik von DayZ an die ist auch nicht gerade die Beste Hacker gibt es in DayZ auch blos welche die dich in die Luft Porten und du bist tot

in DayZ flamen sie genauso rum

Aber WarZ bockt mehr wie DayZ finde ich
Wenn dann schon die Grafik von Arma 2. Und nein Hacker gibts sogut wie garkeine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Slayer<~ View Post
War Z wurd einfach übelst schwer gemacht!! D.h. Kiddys halten sich fern(Positiv)
Day Z hat Autos usw. Das hat War Z nicht was wirklich das Spiel zur größten zeit langweilig macht!Wegen dem irre langsamen laufen.
Und das Startpacket ist MISERABEL in War Z.
Die Kiddys halten sich fern von WarZ? Haha. Und das Game ist alles andere als schwer...
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2013, 22:02   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShadow02 View Post
Wow.. another argument against this game, I wanted to buy it.
I've been a player of this game since the first day of Alpha; the game is totally enjoyable (hence why I am almost reaching 1k playtime hours) but you must be aware that there are too many hackers, spawn campers, you can't really see any other player around, else, they will simply Kill you on sight (KOS) so you'd need to play with friends at all time, and if you get a rented private server and have issues with it, you won't get support from HammerPoint
Thanks
2 Users

Tags
hacked, warz