Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 05:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Battlefield 4 - Officially announced

Discussion on Battlefield 4 - Officially announced within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Battlefield 4 - Officially announced

This morning, Electronic Arts has presented top title Battlefield 4 - the so far biggest shooter-revelation 2013 - in Stockholm, showing a 17 minute long gameplay video of solo campaign. Beside a completely new singleplayer concept and enhanced breathtaking graphics, not many new changes can be seen, although there still isn't any new information about multiplayer mode.

Dice wants to focus on solo campaign - no wonder after the slowdown of previous title's single player mode. "Our campaign didn't have the typical Battlefield feeling", has been said. Now developer Dice would like to "transfer some multiplayer into singleplayer mode". How good this is going to work, can't be found out until autumn this year, because Battlefield 4 will probably be purchasable then. Let's get back to solo campaign, as there has been some heavy criticism. "Battlefield 4 takes advantage of cheap tricks in singleplayer mode, which are violence and exaggerated drama, to keep gamers on hold", according to pcgames.de. Furthermore, Battlefield 4 takes example of military shooter standards. This means: pushing buttons to save lives, watching bombastic script sequences and, last but not least, marching through tubular levels and killing everything that moves.

But now let's take a look at pleasant new features. As promised, there are multiplayer additions in single player mode, which we could already see in the video. The troops have to be rescued by an allied helicopter on open field. So much for rescue: an enemy patrol in machine gun buggy has already spotted our troops. After the following gunfight, new features can be found. Firstly: it's possible to surprise the enemy by flanking. Allegedly, we are able to blow up doors in buildings with C4 and surprise enemies from that position. Feature no. 2: enemies can be spotted. Allies therewith increase gunfire against enemies. Of course, our allies have a chopper, which ultimately ends this spectacle with an enormous explosion. No. 3 and 4: we finally are able to use vehicles. So does our hero, who quickly climbs behind the wheel and opens fire against enemy troops, in the gameplay video. For each killed enemy, we achieve specific points - Dice kept silent about what these points are needed for.

Let's get to the bombastic graphics. According to Dice, the graphics were explicitly called an "evolution", but what we are able to see, is far away from a revolution. However, it doesn't need to be one - Battlefield 4 already looks pretty fancy thanks to Frostbite 3 Engine, which Dice worked 2 years for. This is apparent - especially when taking a look at glow, destruction system, face animations and cloth moving in the wind.

The developer studio keeps silent about the multiplayer mode, which is the most important part for gamers. If Battlefield 4 is going to come out for next-gen consoles, is not clear yet. What's for sure is, that the co-op mode of Battlefield 3 won't have its comeback.

Now your opinion is wanted. What do you think of Battlefield 4? Are you going to buy this game?

Attached Thumbnails
Battlefield 4 - Officially announced-bf4.jpg  
Thanks
8 Users
Old 03/28/2013, 01:23   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,976
Also, GameSpot is giving some bonus "packages" for people that pre-order the game, I didn't catch the whole information but there are some codes to be redeemed and an upgrade to the deluxe edition when it comes out later this year
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/31/2013, 00:00   #3

elite*gold: 0
i dont like shooter games.., battlefield 10, modern warfare 13, call of dutty 25, pffff, all are same.., im sick of them..
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/31/2013, 13:31   #4

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus2012 View Post
i dont like shooter games.., battlefield 10, modern warfare 13, call of dutty 25, pffff, all are same.., im sick of them..
Mostly, it's all the same, as there aren't real updates or major changes. The only change you can really see is the setup, where you fight, which looks like will go on this way forever.
Old 04/01/2013, 11:22   #5

Omg I really want this game, I already have BF3 but BF4 will be great
Old 04/02/2013, 18:46   #6

Not a big fan of the realism striving games. They always fun to play once for the wow factor, but then it gets boring, especially the multiplayer part. Hope they do a Bad Company 3 soon cos Im still playing the BC 2 multiplayer.
Old 04/03/2013, 00:48   #7

OMG THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
Old 04/05/2013, 22:26   #8

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
I'm not a huge fan of Battlefield anymore, I really liked the old parts (BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF2) but I'm not into BF 3. Didn't really enjoy the last part, I prefer a faster gameplay (CoD) instead of huge maps.

But the new single-player modus sounds interesting.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2013, 15:29   #9

Want this game!!
Old 10/24/2019, 09:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Not a big fan of the realism striving games. They always fun to play once for the wow factor, but then it gets boring, especially the multiplayer part. Hope they do a Bad Company 3 soon cos Im still playing the BC 2 multiplayer.
"Battlefield 4's" single player mode is graphically ravishing, however that excellence is shockingly defaced by a dreary and overwhelmingly exhausted gameplay and story.
Old 10/18/2020, 03:26   #11

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DROP!

Tags
bf4