Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 12:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Free SimCity Apology Games

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Free SimCity Apology Games

Whether EA is apologizing to their customers for the disaster the launch of SimCity was, or they simply want to thank every loyal customer for sticking with them, is not really important right now, as the important part of it is that they are giving 8 choices for SimCity buyers to select between as a free downloadable game.

Just today, EA has announced a list of 8 games from which any SimCity buyer can select one as a free gift, doing so with the following email letter:

"Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We know we messed up and want to sincerely thank you for staying with us. The good news is we have solved most of the major issues and players are really enjoying the game. We're getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and are exploring this whole new expression of SimCity.

As a small token of our appreciation, we are offering you a free EA PC game download on Origin*. Mayors who have authenticated their copy of SimCity on Origin by March 25 can select a free game through a redemption portal inside the Origin desktop client later this week. We'll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by March 22.

We don't want any of you to miss out your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. For more information, including instructions on how to get your free game and a list of eligible games, please read our FAQ. We've included some of the hottest games in the EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!

Sincerely,
Maxis"

This list includes:
  • Battlefield 3 Standard Edition
  • Dead Space 3 Standard Edition
  • Mass Effect 3 Standard Edition
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted Standard Edition
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Bejeweled 3
  • MOHW Standard Edition

SimCity players will then be granted access to a free game portal in waves, which have been stated by EA: https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-something-extra

"The free game portal will be rolling out in waves, and it will be available in the following regions by these dates:
  • North America by 5pm PDT/midnight GMT on Wednesday, March 20.
  • Europe by 5pm PDT/midnight GMT on Thursday, March 21.
  • Asia & South America by 5pm PDT/midnight GMT on Friday, March 22.

During the roll-out, individual users may find they get access to the free game portal slightly before or after others in their region. Everyone worldwide will have access no later than 5:00PM PDT on March 22 and will have until March 30 at 11:59PM PDT to redeem.

What do you think of this move EA is pulling? What's your favorite game from this list? What do you think of SimCity so far?
Attached Thumbnails
Free SimCity Apology Games-simcity.jpg  

Thanks
5 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,337
It's pretty rare for a publisher, to apologize with such amends. EA made an admirable move there imo.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

elite*gold: 25
Received Thanks: 1,264
And thats why EA is better than much other publishers.
Old   #4

elite*gold: 0
least greedy thing EA has done

Old   #5
Sapere aude

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 10,469
That's amazing, I haven't expected to hear something like that from EA/Origin
Old   #6

Received Thanks: 1,181
I am wondering what is EA going to do for those gamers that already own all of those titles?
Old   #7

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
I don't think they'll do anything. If you keep in mind that it is a free downloadable game, they can select one and give it to someone else
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

It's pretty rare
Old   #9

It's nice from EA, i have also Simcity, but i can't choose from ME3 or DS3.
Old   #10

I didn't knew if I should buy the game and then I saw this and just bought it. Now I got SimCity 5 AND one of the games in the list. It's awesome by EA!
Old   #11

Received Thanks: 3,565
It may seem like EA are actually once doing something which isn't greedy, but of course there is a catch behind it. Why do you think they quoted "Ends on March 24th"? It gives people time to buy Sim City just to get a free game.
Old   #12

Yeah it's a smart move but for the people (like me) who bought the game on release it's some sort of compensation. Altough I'm still mad from the whole affair.
Old   #13

elite*gold: 40
Great move by EA since most people will now forget that it was EA's stupid DRM that was the problem to start with
Old   #14

elite*gold: 15
Nice advertisement strategy
Old   #15

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
It may seem like EA are actually once doing something which isn't greedy, but of course there is a catch behind it. Why do you think they quoted "Ends on March 24th"? It gives people time to buy Sim City just to get a free game.
It's exactly why I never told anyone I knew. I purchased Sim City a few days after release, so I didn't get the brunt of the problems. However I didn't want them getting off scott free so I never mentioned this deal to anyone that would have purchased it for that reason.

Tags
apology, ea, free