Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 14:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Nvidia: PS4 is only a low-end Gaming PC

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Playstation forever :b

Old   #17

I personally prefer a PC, I feel so limited with a console

Old   #18

elite*gold: 41
The Black Market: 452/4/6
Received Thanks: 1,038
Comparing consoles and PC's kinda of useless, yes PC have more resources but also more expensive...

In the end if we are talking about gaming, what is important it's the games not the platform you use for it..

I have both PS3 and XBOX and only bought them to play specific games like Fifa13 or Halo4/Gears of War.

And still I play PC games. So in the end the remark of the Nvidia guy about PS3 it's kinda of dumb.

We don't need to have extreme graphics to a game be great.. look the Angry Birds, lots of sucess runs in a mobile phone..
Old   #19

i think its not true because

PC: you buy more things i mean youre Hardware. i Pay maybe 600€ ever 2 years. because i will have a High End gaming PC.

Console: i think is better pay 300€ for maybe 4 Years.

Old   #20

It is not a matter of how much you pay for pc's/consoles, its about the quality of the product as you use it. People often spend money on things they do not need. I often see gaming rigs made by friends, boasting 32gb ram when they never use more than 8gb. I also see others spending an extra $100 on a graphics card that would only increase frame rates by 10 compared to the card they already have. If you upgrade your PC every year, you either destroy hardware often, or your pc is required for things well beyond gaming (rendering for example).

Consoles such as the PS3, xbox, and their upcoming generation consoles have evolved beyond normal consumer use. Look at the older consoles, which were designed for just gaming. Now, consoles stream videos through netflix, hulu, other companies. Some offer web browsers, some even act as media centers for others.

The difference between consoles and computers as of now, is the ability to multi-task. Prices are also not a problem. To be honest, you can build a cheap gaming rig for around $400 here in america. This would provide a decent quad core, dx11 card machine with a sufficient amount of memory. When extra performance is needed, a slight overclock can be accomplished to fill the needs more demanding games. As software slows down in progression, stronger hardware will no longer be updated as often, resulting in a decline in "new" consoles.

It wont be long before consoles are considered equal's to personal computers, as the only current difference would be the OS that each system currently uses.

As i stated before, it really does not matter which hardware is in a console or pc, so long as the consumer is happy. Now that consoles offer more than just gaming, it opens an entirely new consumer market for their products, allowing not just gamers, but also media oriented people to enjoy their products.
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
I'm talking due to my own experience, Radeon cards have always failed to me while Nvidia has never done so -to me- therefore, in my experience, Nvidia has better quality cards than Radeon -hence any other- yet, this doesn't mean that the specs of other GPUs aren't better.

That, my friend, is why I am talking about computers (desktop), not laptops, as laptops -even the so called "gaming" ones- don't provide room for much enhancements. Try out a desktop and you'll notice the huge difference.
I will be as neutral as I can. EVERYONE has their own opinions from what they like or experiences. I use a hybrid build with 2 crossfire 7970 and a 580gtx for physx. I have used both cards but personally I have had more past luck with AMD/ATI than nVidia. I have used both in many builds. I don't think tbh that either one has a huge edge. However, ATM the Limited Edition ASUS ARES II is the top dog card if you have the power to run it. I have enough power for 2 of them but can only wish I had the money to invest in them. I will invest in the new Asus AMD 3.0 pci sabertooth board once it comes out. So instead of opinions factual evidence would be the only way to sway me. After a certain amount of fps you see less and less of a difference. As far as how much is need I have no idea.
Old   #22

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
I'm talking due to my own experience, Radeon cards have always failed to me while Nvidia has never done so -to me- therefore, in my experience, Nvidia has better quality cards than Radeon -hence any other- yet, this doesn't mean that the specs of other GPUs aren't better.
I agree with you, I've had plenty of ATI cards that **** themselves within a year or two.

Basically ATI vs NVidia is like Western Digital vs Seagate. WD bosts better specs for your money compared to Seagate, but WD aren't as reliable.

Another example is when you buy Lightbulbs you can either buy a 50W halogen bulb or a 5W LED with the same Lumens, however the LED will cost you 5 times as much. But in the long run it's cheaper since a LED will last over 20times as long

Thanks
1 User

Tags
nvidia, ps4