Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 07:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Micro-transactions are imminent

Discussion on Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Micro-transactions are imminent within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Micro-transactions are imminent

So far, micro-transactions have only been used in MMORPGs and some exceptions to stay afloat on the market. Activision now would like to get some more money out of the Call of Duty series' newest title and the publisher plans to use this system very soon. A patch, including the implementation of micro-transactions, will be available on Wednesday, March 13 for XBox 360 gamers. Yet, it's uncertain, when an equal update will be coming for PC and Playstation 3.

Beside some minor adjustments, so called micro items are going to be implemented in mentioned patch into the game. These items can be purchased via the micro-transaction system with real money. An employee has written in his blog, that the items only cause visual changes and that they won't influence the actual game play. In addition, it will be possible to buy more slots, as requested by the community. Moreover, every gamer should be able to play the new map Nuketown 2025 for free, regardless of whether money has been invested or not.

How do you feel about this implementation?

Attached Thumbnails
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Micro-transactions are imminent-codma.jpg  
Thanks
8 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 20:59   #2

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsy Xeemy View Post
So far, micro-transactions have only been used in MMORPGs and some exceptions to stay afloat on the market. Activision now would like to get some more money out of the Call of Duty series' newest title and the publisher plans to use this system very soon. A patch, including the implementation of micro-transactions, will be available on Wednesday, March 13 for XBox 360 gamers. Yet, it's uncertain, when an equal update will be coming for PC and Playstation 3.

Beside some minor adjustments, so called micro items are going to be implemented in mentioned patch into the game. These items can be purchased via the micro-transaction system with real money. An employee , that the items only cause visual changes and that they won't influence the actual game play. In addition, it will be possible to buy more slots, as requested by the community. Moreover, every gamer should be able to play the new map Nuketown 2025 for free, regardless of whether money has been invested or not.

How do you feel about this implementation?

I think that Call of Duty series are going to shit, the only good CoD's was MW & MW2 imo.

If they do introduce this update, it is really going to kill the remaining good in Call of Duty. In short terms they will get more money in 3 months or so, then people will get tired of that and will quit. I've seen this happen on far to many games. They will loose players, that's for sure.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 21:05   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzEndayZz View Post
I think that Call of Duty series are going to ****, the only good CoD's was MW & MW2 imo.

If they do introduce this update, it is really going to kill the remaining good in Call of Duty. In short terms they will get more money in 3 months or so, then people will get tired of that and will quit. I've seen this happen on far to many games. They will loose players, that's for sure.
As written above, these changes will only influence visual effects for now. It's not set in stone, that micro-transactions are going to be used for significant advantages ingame.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/12/2013, 23:08   #4

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
It seems like publishers are trying to milk their games more and more. Like it's not enough already to pay for a simple DLC around 10€. Back in my days you got a huge addon for like 20€
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 23:26   #5

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
As written above, these changes will only influence visual effects for now. It's not set in stone, that micro-transactions are going to be used for significant advantages ingame.
This way is how every game starts, they introduce a "Shopping Mall" and micro-transactions for "visuals" and little by little they start adding weapons with more damage, better aim, gears that will take out most of the damage, and finally end up being a game for people that can/are willing to pay.

I was never a fan of this franchise, I played the common single player campaigns from their first games on my PS2/PC, but that was about it, and with this system their are implementing, I'd never even consider getting into this game now.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/12/2013, 23:32   #6

elite*gold: 30
Pay2Win mit vorheriger Teurerbezahlung sowie einen Afterpatch das schreit nach AUSBEUTUNG. Hab mir das Game nicht umsonst definitiv nicht gekauft und es nun absolut begründet gehatet.

Geldgeiler kann man kaum noch sein.

MfG Scutz
Old 03/12/2013, 23:34   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
This way is how every game starts, they introduce a "Shopping Mall" and micro-transactions for "visuals" and little by little they start adding weapons with more damage, better aim, gears that will take out most of the damage, and finally end up being a game for people that can/are willing to pay.

I was never a fan of this franchise, I played the common single player campaigns from their first games on my PS2/PC, but that was about it, and with this system their are implementing, I'd never even consider getting into this game now.
Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that much range in terms of ingame advantage. Pretty much 1 year ago, I have been experiencing tends to mentioned development in MMOs - it started there with visuals aswell and proceeded with more items giving advantages if purchased.
Sad to see, that those trends seem to take over the whole market.
Old 03/12/2013, 23:36   #8

elite*gold: 22
Received Thanks: 1,478
They had one simple job..

Call of duty becomes a p2w Game..

Sad
Old 03/13/2013, 13:35   #9
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
well, EA's decision on the Micro-transactions has made a lot of games fail hard
I can see the same coming for the CoD series
I really think micro transactions dictates when a game(series) is going on downfall
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/13/2013, 18:46   #10

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Quote:
Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that much range in terms of ingame advantage. Pretty much 1 year ago, I have been experiencing tends to mentioned development in MMOs - it started there with visuals aswell and proceeded with more items giving advantages if purchased.
Sad to see, that those trends seem to take over the whole market.
I have been watching the cash shop of the MMORPG I used to play the most and it's like you said. First the start off with visuals only (costumes) and a premium service (that's common for f2p MMOs) but after a few years they started to add items which will give players an advantage over players, which do not purchase from the cash shop. I'm really curious about the outcome of a micro-transaction system in a b2p game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/13/2013, 23:53   #11

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 7,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scutz View Post
Pay2Win mit vorheriger Teurerbezahlung sowie einen Afterpatch das schreit nach AUSBEUTUNG. Hab mir das Game nicht umsonst definitiv nicht gekauft und es nun absolut begründet gehatet.

Geldgeiler kann man kaum noch sein.

MfG Scutz
On English news articles it would be just appropriate to comment in English aswell.

Anyway I think John has pointed out the main reason for these micro transactions pretty well. I guess nothing can stop them from adding more of these unnecessary money making systems either as long as there are people out there that actually support them by simply using them.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
cod: bo ii