Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

No more used games market for the PS3?

Old   #46

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
I do not believe that this -if applied- will in any way be an issue with older games then the system itself

Thanks
1 User
Old   #47

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
I do not believe that this -if applied- will in any way be an issue with older games then the system itself
Ok thanks'ed for the reply and I am gathering then that if it is applied then every new game to come out will have the new update applied to it so you cannot play the game if it has already been on a different ps3.

Old   #48

If it really happens, it's kinda sad, I won't be able to share my PS3 games with my friends
Old   #49

Well this will kill stores like EB Games where half their inventory is pre-used games and consoles. This right here will be a reason I won't purchase a Playstation again in the future. One I buy the game, it's mine, if I get bored and want to resell it or trade it in, I have that right.

Old   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
To be fair, they are losing money due to this black market. Look at it this way, they sell one game for $55.00 which then the buyer resells for $45.00; this game has made a total of $100.00 but $45.00 were not seen by them.

At least it isn't needed to pay any sort of monthly fee in order to play online, all you need to do is get the game (new) and use the Online Pass

What in the hell are you talking about? If I buy a computer, and I resell it, I make amount X which will never be seen by the manufacturer. and guess what, that's how it should be! It's My money dude! MY MONEY. How can you even argue that? It's ridiculous what you are saying.

If I buy a Sony PlayStation game, it's 100% mine. No part of this game still belongs to Sony or whoever made the game. If I resell this game to someone else, the manufacturer is not losing anything because it wasn't their money to do anything with at this point. I made back a part of what I paid originally.

Sure, Sony will not make any money on this game from the guy who buys it from me, but since I sold my game to him, I now have funds to buy ANOTHER game!

What you are defending is a fascist policy. When you take all freedoms away, and cut airflow, eventually, something's gotta give. If Sony goes through with this, they will lose a lot of customers, unless their games will match Steam sale prices 1 to 1.

Tags
ps3, sony