Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 14:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

No more used games market for the PS3?

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
ok i see a ridiculous flaw in this system, lets say you have 20 games that are linked to your ps3, then that ps3 breaks.. even if you go out and buy a new ps3 its a whole new system so you wont be able to play any of the 20 games you previously owned therefor making them useless... ridiculous

Old   #32

nice info, thx

Old   #33

If Sony decides to go with this. And probably they will. Us as a community should put up a vote saying. If we are paying for digital copies that we can hold in our hands and view our library of games physically. Sony should price their games fairly. $60 for one digital copy of the next whatever is expensive. Especially if your not getting the box, the manual, and the actual physical copy that can't be lost through the internet. A digital copy should go for around $40-$45 new.
Old   #34

hgg

Old   #35

there are games I want to play but paying 60$ for every game is a bit too much. I guess I will be getting the next xbox rather than the ps4. always been a Sony fan however this is a big fail on sony's part. Just as the made the ps3 open when it was first released which allowed you to run a second OS then later removed that functionality. Let see how this cat an mouse game plays out and how much market they lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomerizpro View Post
ok i see a ridiculous flaw in this system, lets say you have 20 games that are linked to your ps3, then that ps3 breaks.. even if you go out and buy a new ps3 its a whole new system so you wont be able to play any of the 20 games you previously owned therefor making them useless... ridiculous
They already though of that there is a unique code associated with your system, which is also attached to your psn ID so you will be able to remove the hardware ID for the broken system and link your new system to your psn ID this will allow you to reclaim your games.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #36

esto subira o elevara los precios de los juegos se los puedo asegurr :/
Old   #37

elite*gold: 93
The Black Market: 148/0/0
I like that they implement those systems!
But its bad for families... So i cant give my brother a game i bought so he can play it or the other way round..
Old   #38

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMrvn View Post
I like that they implement those systems!
But its bad for families... So i cant give my brother a game i bought so he can play it or the other way round..
I think the same way, in the one hand it is really good as piracy and so on will be harder to accomplish, yet, in the other hand it makes it so that people can't share games...

But well, rumors say that Microsoft is doing something similar with their upcoming XBox console...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #39

Hey all - first post on epvp.

Thanks for bringing this topic up for discussion JohnHeatz, and for playing devil's advocate to spur it on.

In 25 years of playing video games and nearly as long tinkering with shit to see how far outside of its intended use one can get, I have yet to see the safety device that cannot be cracked. So I'd have to agree with some of the statements and opinions above: Sony is thinking 20th Century single-source propriety and they will find themselves limited in ways that they cannot yet fully comprehend.

The core video gaming community is not the people with which to fuck. We're fickle, determined and innovative... being, as we are, an extension of the core internet community.

That being said, one of the key points mentioned so far by JH:

Quote:
I think the same way, in the one hand it is really good as piracy and so on will be harder to accomplish, yet, in the other hand it makes it so that people can't share games...

But well, rumors say that Microsoft is doing something similar with their upcoming XBox console...
Its obviously not possible to make a fool-proof key-ID system here, but Sony and Microsoft know that they don't have to. They have but to make it really difficult and annoying; that will get them 85% of their intended goal or better.

Supertrilo mentioned the short-lived (manufacturer-endorsed) PS3 OS hack above... a reminder of the direction console gaming could have gone; the direction Microshaft could choose to go if it decides that it wants to bury all of its console competition and commandeer the future of Hardcore PC gaming all in one swell BM: The all-new X-Box Ad Infinitum, a scalable computing platform primarily dedicated to video gaming with open OS options. MS would be in the vanguard of delivering a (pseudo-) new, innovative product (we all know that this is really a repackaging of what now exists as the PC-video gaming industry) with all bragging rights and a modification of single-source ancillary product production; that of a primary-source mod and add-on provider with after-market 3rd party choices to appeal to low price point markets. (Rocketfish, anyone?)

Quote:
esto subira o elevara los precios de los juegos se los puedo asegurr :/
@diegobaba05: why do you think the price of games will increase because of this?
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #40

end of using the ps3

if this comes about why use ps3 when u can use the xbox 360 and continue the fact u can get games used is half the reason people buy system so they can go game to game to game regardless sony keeps asking for more and mroe $$ meanwhile we get less and less value/ content
Old   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic4me2 View Post
if this comes about why use ps3 when u can use the xbox 360 and continue the fact u can get games used is half the reason people buy system so they can go game to game to game regardless sony keeps asking for more and mroe $$ meanwhile we get less and less value/ content
Both companies are expected to do something like this, and actually it has already been said that for the next-gen this is a fact already, and also next-gen won't be compatible with games from older versions of their consoles.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflorberg View Post
I guess the number of jailbreaking the Ps3 will increase rapidly with this ****. Until now i always swapped the games with my friends, for expamle i bought AC3 and my friend bought Skyrim. But now.... lol I'm just an student and not able to buy every month a game for full price. I bet they will have big losses in the next months.
ein Glück, dass ich sie schon gehackt hab durch nen Kumpel Falls sowas auch bei der Playstation 4 kommt,
Bye Bye Playstation, welcome Xbox
Old   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Twinkie_ View Post
Bye Bye Playstation, welcome Xbox
I truly hope you do understand that Microsoft has planned to do this same thing with their upcoming console
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #44

Truly pathetic $ony, nothing wrong with reselling games, this just incentives more people to get illegal copies and hate towards a company that wants to rule you.

People likes freedom with the stuff they own.
Old   #45

Can anyone tell me if I can still use my Pre-Owned Black Ops 2 when this update comes out?

Thanks - .-Pro-.

Tags
ps3, sony