Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

No more used games market for the PS3?

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
What i find to be odd is what if our systems were to fail? Are all of the games we purchased for the first system nullified and rendered useless? Understand, the console gaming market is not cheap, and almost every game is $60 upon initial release ($65 after taxes here in the U.S.). If i purchase a games for my playstation, will they no longer work if my playstation dies, and i purchase a new one?

This entire system is flawed. I would have thought that console gaming would have moved on from the physical disk platform, and go on to more of a software download path (similar to purchasing games off of your consoles store). If the console lacks a physical disk drive, they would have no other option but to either purchase directly from the company, or hack the system and risk bricking the system entirely.

If sony is forcing games to register to the device, they better allow you to register playstations to your account, and allow you to remove the playstation (and every game that was originally registered to it) from your account. Meaning if a registered playstation used a game, the game cant be used by another playstation until it is released from the ps3 user's account.

Bah, im rambling on, either way, this method will blow.

-epvper101

Old   #17

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by epvper101 View Post
If sony is forcing games to register to the device, they better allow you to register playstations to your account, and allow you to remove the playstation (and every game that was originally registered to it) from your account. Meaning if a registered playstation used a game, the game cant be used by another playstation until it is released from the ps3 user's account.
This way you still could just resell games by removing your registered playstation from an account, which would make the system useless.

Those recent changes are one more reason, I'd prefer a computer over any console.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #18

Then perhaps when they sell games, make users register the game itself to their account, rather than the system? That would allow users to carry their game across multiple playstations, and the player can no longer sell the game itself. Limit a certain amount of playstations for said account, etc.

That would be the only way this would work without too much of a headache for the consumer.

-epvper101
Old   #19

elite*gold: 40
Sony only filed a patent this tech! it is not a real thing it might never become a real thing theres plenty of patents that never actually get made even if they decide to go through it with it wont be on the PS3... so stop freaking the **** out :<

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #20

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
In part that is true, yet they will implement it -if it gets to be real soon enough- to all of their games, as it won't be something done to the console itself but the game disk
Old   #21

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
In part that is true, yet they will implement it -if it gets to be real soon enough- to all of their games, as it won't be something done to the console itself but the game disk
By the time they get this tech up and running the next gen of consoles will already be out and the PS3 wont matter much anymore its a non-issue in the next gen of console since everyone saw this comming! Sony gets nothing from second hand games neither does the people that actually spent millions on making the games so ofcourse the want in on the action
Old   #22

Every producer wants to earn money. Due to the fact that games are bought by a constantly decreasing number of gamers, the producers have no other way of earning money than reducing the amount of content of their games, and create more games. But a collateral victim of this continuing circle are the PS3/XBOX (even gaming PC) manufacturers, because, due to the lack of security of their consoles, games are either pirated or black marketed, just like the article written by JohnHeatz.
However, I do not think someone should buy something without being sure weather he or she will enjoy it, and I do not afford to buy a game and be disappointed with it. ( because, let's face it, the less content the game has, the more disappointed you are)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #23

This is stupid.

What if you've got games from a while back you never play again... This is a stupid idea and only Sony are doing this.

Personally you should be allowed to do what you want with the game you've brought.

This will be because pre-owned games are cheaper than bran new release, and people are happier paying for a game pre-owned and traded in by someone complete and bored of it.
Old   #24

No more used games market for the PS3

let's be real if they think they are going to make money of this by forcing the consumer to keep buying games in the near future there will be more modded system out there without the ppl going online. not every 1 can afford a brand new game that is why game market have resellers of game. take for example valve makes some good games but their games are not that expensive and are good. if sony implement this system of their they are going to lose out in the next console. there will always be cops and robbers they implement that some 1 will find a way around it the modding business now is big business.
Old   #25

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by death77777 View Post
let's be real if they think they are going to make money of this by forcing the consumer to keep buying games in the near future there will be more modded system out there without the ppl going online.
If this system gets implemented, as stated, won't require internet connection, it would be totally offline.
Old   #26

Sony is screwing themselves so hard. Before this, most people didn't have to turn to cracking/hacking their PS3's in order to do something they enjoyed. Implementing this will only ENCOURAGE the black market... Whoever figures out how to crack this system of theirs (and someone WILL) will make a lot of money off it, possibly find a way to reproduce the games which will only result in Sony losing more and more money.

The way things are now, yeah they lose some money, but not so much that they don't make enough money to continue working on projects and keep a steady income.
There is a Black Marker for almost everything on this planet, they gain money through stupid things like this which they can exploit... This is an absolutely horrible idea. It will cost Sony money to implement this, which will push people to crack/hack their new consoles and there will be a lot more available once they do than being able to play pre owned games..

It's between losing some money over game trading, or losing a shitload of money over their system getting cracked and hacked... Things are going pretty well for them right now; implementing these outrageous security devices for more profit is completely idiotic. Getting greedy hasn't solved anything, ever. Going down this road could lead to some serious problems at Sony's expense...

Anyways, that's just my opinion, I'm sure others have theirs. From past experience, I believe something along these lines is extremely possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teodorgenius View Post
Every producer wants to earn money. Due to the fact that games are bought by a constantly decreasing number of gamers, the producers have no other way of earning money than reducing the amount of content of their games, and create more games. But a collateral victim of this continuing circle are the PS3/XBOX (even gaming PC) manufacturers, because, due to the lack of security of their consoles, games are either pirated or black marketed, just like the article written by JohnHeatz.
However, I do not think someone should buy something without being sure weather he or she will enjoy it, and I do not afford to buy a game and be disappointed with it. ( because, let's face it, the less content the game has, the more disappointed you are)
They could always try releasing a QUALITY game without cheaping out on it... the trade of pre-owned games just means people got tired of the repeated shit that usually comes out. If they don't want people trading games, make a game people will LIKE and not WANT to trade... It makes perfect sense to sell a game you no longer want, need, or like to someone else who may find it enjoyable for a time.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #27

I just bought a ps3 a couple months ago, this is sad news for the future of my gamestop orders QQ bye bye gamestop..
Old   #28

Sounds like a stupid rule. I sometimes play games with friends at my home, and they will bring their own games. So this means that this won't be allowed anymore?
Old   #29

I think this reselling of Games is what makes consoles attractive. Otherwise i can buy a Controller and play on pc.
I bought my PS3 and my 360 because you can take it easily with you and you can buy "Second Hand" Games
Old   #30

I thing that they won't stop the resell system because somebody will find a new way and then we start again from the beginning...

Tags
ps3, sony