Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 22:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

$2 Million worth of Nintendo Consoles Stolen

Discussion on $2 Million worth of Nintendo Consoles Stolen within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
$2 Million worth of Nintendo Consoles Stolen

It has been reported by ABC News that $2 million worth of Wii U consoles have been stolen from a Nintendo warehouse, located in SeaTac Seattle Air Cargo.

This means that 7 thousand Wii U consoles were taken by the thieves, whom apparently drove two large diesel trucks into Nintendo's distribution site, which is inside the warehouse, to then proceed to take all the merchandise.

At this point, there is no information about them, yet the local police is doing everything they can in order to catch the robbers before they try to sell all these consoles.

It is possible that there is a mixture of different consoles and accessories, but this hasn't been officially confirmed by the authorities, yet it is something to keep in mind, as ABC News has called the Wii U a "portable gaming console" which makes us believe there could be some mix-up with the names they have provided.

Source:
Thieves Steal $2M Worth of Wii Consoles - ABC News
Attached Thumbnails
 Million worth of Nintendo Consoles Stolen-news_img_5377_0.jpg  
Thanks
5 Users
Old 12/19/2012, 04:19   #2

elite*gold: 0
This is.. bad lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2012, 05:49   #3

when you have no money take a warehouse full of wii u lolz
Thanks
7 Users
Old 12/19/2012, 07:05   #4
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
it's kinda sad, Nintendo is having a hard time, and with this, it makes things worst
Old 12/19/2012, 07:38   #5

In fact, hopefully they will be able to catch the thieves before they start selling this merchandise
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2012, 13:20   #6

elite*gold: 19
The Black Market: 106/0/7
This is.. sad :/
Old 12/19/2012, 13:32   #7

elite*gold: 120
The Black Market: 139/0/1
Obviously Santa Claus was there.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 12/19/2012, 15:28   #8

elite*gold: 10
hahahaha
Old 12/19/2012, 18:46   #9

These Robbers are stupid, I'd rather steal a gaming pc, or a ps3 then a wii ....
Old 12/19/2012, 19:52   #10
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERZETH View Post
These Robbers are stupid, I'd rather steal a gaming pc, or a ps3 then a wii ....
it doesnt matter if the console is good or bad(PS3 is the more expensive of them)
they only want easy money, no matter how much, they want it fast
also, this is pretty easy to track as all consoles have a tracking number nowaday. Nintendo could just brick those consoles remotely when they connect to the web
Old 12/19/2012, 21:08   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
this is pretty easy to track as all consoles have a tracking number nowaday.
Unfortunately in this case it isn't that easy; an official statement provided said that there is no way to track these consoles, so all they can do is try to find the trucks in which the merchandise was taken before every item gets sold.
Old 12/19/2012, 21:51   #12

I hope that thieves aren't polish..
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/20/2012, 00:51   #13
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
Unfortunately in this case it isn't that easy; an official statement provided said that there is no way to track these consoles, so all they can do is try to find the trucks in which the merchandise was taken before every item gets sold.
i thought they have the MAC address of all the consoles they produce
i dont mean locate but at least, make them useless(at least WiiU has not unbricking method, and the Wii is only for one version only)
oh well, i hope that really ends up well, that's gonna scar Nintendo's actual image
Old 12/20/2012, 02:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
i thought they have the MAC address of all the consoles they produce
i dont mean locate but at least, make them useless(at least WiiU has not unbricking method, and the Wii is only for one version only)
oh well, i hope that really ends up well, that's gonna scar Nintendo's actual image
You are right PortalDark, JohnHeatz is obviously not reading everything like he should :P

("The police are now on the look out for two trailers that have the word “McKinney” written on the side. They’re also looking for a Seattle Air Cargo truck like the one pictured above. It’s likely these vehicles have been dumped by now, but it could still help create a trail of evidence if they are located. Investigators are also looking out for a large number of Wii U’s being sold in the Seattle area or online. Nintendo does have anti-theft measures in place on the Wii U meaning they can be tracked if powered on.")

("While the original article never mentions the Wii U, the accompanying video (seen above) makes it clear the new console was the target. There is some saving grace for Nintendo, however: all Wii U consoles are traceable, meaning it’s just a matter of time before the criminals are caught selling them.")
Old 12/20/2012, 03:38   #15

Because, obviously, thieves will turn them on before selling them...

If you had read something besides that source I have provided, you will read official statements in which it was said that they don't have a way to track them, besides if they are turned on -obviously-. Now, it is said that there is indeed a mixture of consoles, not only Wii U devices, but accessories, other consoles...

But sure, I am not reading everything as I should, when I get direct updates to my email.

Tags
nintendo, stolen, wii