Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 16:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Wii U: Important flaw found

Discussion on Wii U: Important flaw found within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Wii U: Important flaw found

Everyone that purchases second-hand consoles and have acquired a pre-owned Wii U are the winners with this system flaw, which was found by one user of the console, who got it pre-owned.

Basically this user ('DSN2K' from Neogaf forums) purchased his console from someone else, who formatted the system just before handing it to him. When the user got home and started to use it he noticed that the purchase history from the eShop is being stored in the console directly; therefore if previous owner purchased games and downloaded them, the new owners can re-download the games for free.

After the first user reported the issue, there have been multiple reports from users of the same site, expressing that they have also found all the history from previous owners, and that they are able to download the games for free.

This "bug" is definitely costing a lot of money to Nintendo, as people that purchase used Wii U are now downloading games for free, which makes complete sense due to Nintendo's Network IDs being tethered to the system they are created on. Seems like this time the company didn't take into consideration the fact that users might re-sell their consoles...
Attached Thumbnails
Wii U: Important flaw found-wiiu.jpg  
Thanks
10 Users
Old 01/06/2013, 23:15   #2

elite*gold: 33
yay! fast! lets go and buy a used wii-u before its too late!
Old 01/06/2013, 23:19   #3

elite*gold: 34
Und nun die Frage: Wieso wird die Konsole schon nach einem Monat wieder verkauft?
Old 01/06/2013, 23:30   #4

elite*gold: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny_lev View Post
Und nun die Frage: Wieso wird die Konsole schon nach einem Monat wieder verkauft?
Weil sie noch immer nicht an die Leistung einer Ps3/Xbox 360 ran kommt .
Ou wie viele WIIU´s wohl wieder verkauft werden wenn PS4/XBOX.XY kommen.
Old 01/06/2013, 23:31   #5

Quote:
You will always find people that purchase this kind of consoles, test them and re-sell them for different reasons
Old 01/07/2013, 00:17   #6

elite*gold: 10
thanks man
Old 01/07/2013, 02:00   #7

elite*gold: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalaa View Post
Weil sie noch immer nicht an die Leistung einer Ps3/Xbox 360 ran kommt .
Ou wie viele WIIU´s wohl wieder verkauft werden wenn PS4/XBOX.XY kommen.
Naja, Nintendo war für mich schon immer einfach die Familienkonsole mit Spaßspielen für Partys. Das bringt die Konsole nunmal.
Was die Leistungen angeht ändert sich einfach nichts. Man denke nur an die PSX-Zeiten, wo in Final Fantasy VIII sauber gerenderte Zwischensequenzen gezeigt wurden und der N64 in den groben Polygonen hing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
You will always find people that purchase this kind of consoles, test them and re-sell them for different reasons
That doesn't match my opinion of buying a console
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/07/2013, 02:17   #8

Definitely, a lot of us would buy a console to actually play games and such, but some other people don't do so for X or Y reason, maybe they need the money, or they simply didn't like it, there is an infinity of possibilities for people to think differently than us
Old 01/07/2013, 06:23   #9

elite*gold: 58
Received Thanks: 3,058
Quote:
ich würde mal sagen, viele haben es sich geholt, weil sie dazu einen Review machen wollten.
Old 01/07/2013, 17:33   #10
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
most of them do it for "homebrew" purposes: to test data packets, or even for exploits
they buy stuff, and sell it, as the reasons(homebrew) can lead to legal issues, so selling the console is the best option
i found about this bug, but i dont think im gonna try it
this will be most likely to be fixed by Nintendo in the future

Tags
bug, wii u