Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 15:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Obsidian: Project Eternity

Discussion on Obsidian: Project Eternity within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Obsidian: Project Eternity

For the past 4 days, Obsidian has been providing a "sneak peek" at their upcoming title; without giving much information about it, besides some pieces of text on their website, plus some really good graphics.

Today, we have been given the information we were looking for, as Obsidian has released the name of their upcoming title Project Eternity

On the given video about it, Tim Cain -Senior Programmer of Obsidian- lets us know that this will be their first Fantasy RPG game, as they have never done one in the past, so this is a brand new idea coming for every RPG gamer out there.

Obsidian had this countdown on their website, starting with this image:

Then, the next days they posted a different image every day, with the same purpose, their countdown plus some text:

Yet, for this game to happen, Obsidian needs around $1.1 million -or at least this is the amount they have set on their Kickstarter page, in which they have some details of the game such as their planned tactical real-time combat system.

This game brings a lot for the gamers, something noticeable just by knowing that head developers have been involved on titles such as:
  • Fallout
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • The Icewind Dale Series
  • Arcanum
  • Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
  • Planescape: Torment

The video which was released is letting us know some more information regarding the Project Eternity.

Attached Thumbnails
Obsidian: Project Eternity-obsidian-logo-ks.medium.jpg  
Thanks
7 Users
Old 09/15/2012, 13:47   #2

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Ahh ****...When I saw the first image with the 4 on it, a week or two ago, I really had some tiny little hope that it could be Fallout. Too bad, really.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/15/2012, 21:40   #3

I thought the same thing when I saw the number 4; but then when it was noticeable that it was a sort of countdown, I got curious as of what could it be.

The project looks cool though, so would like to see this live already.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/16/2012, 06:48   #4

As a little update to the article, it was said yesterday that Obsidian needed $1.1 million dollars to be able to take this project to reality; now, in just 24 hours, they have reached this goal, thanks to all the donations fans have done in this time.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2012, 01:21   #5

elite*gold: 0
I cannot wait to see ingame footage.