Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 00:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Electronic Arts Aims to purchase Valve

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Electronic Arts Aims to purchase Valve

The New York Times has claimed that they have seen a report in which it is shown that Electronic Arts has been aiming to purchase Valve; and for this purpose EA was -apparently- prepared to pay up to $1 billion dollars.

"Valve has been pursued over the years by Electronic Arts, which would very likely have valued Valve at well over $1 billion had the talks progressed that far"

On this article, a lot was discussed about Valve, from its unorthodox structure, to its employee handbook; as well as the jump this company is doing by starting to produce hardware.

As well, the offer of $1 billion dollars which was rejected by Gabe Newell -company's co-founder- stating his concerns about the company getting disintegrate if purchased by another company.

"Let’s find some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate"

This might have been rejected, as well, due to some estimations from different outsiders, which have stated that Valve is worth around $2.5 billion dollars, yet with the declaration from Gabe Newell, we have to think has nothing to do.

EA's Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore has stated that Valve is on the "cutting edge of the future of the industry"; and earlier this year, he had stated his concerns regarding Origin getting behind Valve's services.

Here is the full article from the New York Times
Attached Thumbnails
Electronic Arts Aims to purchase Valve-eavalve.jpg  

Thanks
9 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
EA is already dead to me, first that origin ****, now they want to buy one of the best game developers of the world...
Valve gives us Steam COMMUNITY!!! Updates, Greenlight and FREE DLC's for their games (oh and the possibility to create mods)... Oh, and the Steamworkshop where we can download mods as easy as suscribe someone..
EA gives us Origin with overpriced games, that DLC's **** to make more money and now they want to buy Valve?

Thanks
8 Users
Old   #3

If it was the EA i knew a few years ago i would have been very glad but on the current situation, i hope Valve won't give up on the community and service quality they are known for.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro2.0 View Post
EA is already dead to me, first that origin ****, now they want to buy one of the best game developers of the world...
Valve gives us Steam COMMUNITY!!! Updates, Greenlight and FREE DLC's for their games (oh and the possibility to create mods)... Oh, and the Steamworkshop where we can download mods as easy as suscribe someone..
EA gives us Origin with overpriced games, that DLC's **** to make more money and now they want to buy Valve?
yeha, ea id dead and valve sings all the day " I am still alive"

Old   #5

elite*gold: 107
The Black Market: 204/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,012
EA won't get a chance to purchase Valve.
Old   #6

Received Thanks: 3,198
If EA purchase Valve the world would go down.
Old   #7

The Black Market: 666/0/0
Not going to happen.
Old   #8

elite*gold: 9
Please, ***, please!
NO!
Old   #9

EA buying Valve?
Not going to happen.
Let's face it, EA has been dead for too long and will have problems recovering it.

The only "GOOD" game that currently with many players, probably is NFSW.
Old   #10

Ehmmm, not gonna happen @ least I hope so... Im really enjoyin Portal2, CS1.6,CS;S,CS:GO, DOTA2 and other Valve games. If EA would buy it - no more free dlc's maps, workshops etc. They would make like dat : New sexy dlc for CS:GO 25$ for 2-3 useless maps.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

Received Thanks: 3,450
this is b/s coz EA tried .. and they failed! Valve allready said, they won't sell the Company for such a low price .. so gtfo!

i don't get it .. "ea aims to buy valve" coz those negotiations already done and over.
Old   #12

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
What happens is that Electronic Arts has been trying for several years to get this deal done; and the fact that their latest attempt was rejected has not stopped them from keep thinking about this.

As well, Valve's co-founder didn't reject the deal due to the price, as he stated, he is concerned about the company getting "disintegrate" if purchased by another company, nothing official was said by Valve's representatives about the price.
Old   #13
Sapere aude

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 10,466
Origin <-- worst gaming platform ever

I hope for the other way around, Valve should buy EA games and then we could get rid of this illness called Origin.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #14
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 5,845
I dont think Valve, which has been having great success for the last years; would be bought which is an downfall
Old   #15

How does EA buy Valve when it's a private company?