Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 10:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SOE Announces Player Studio™

Discussion on SOE Announces Player Studio™ within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
SOE Announces Player Studio™

Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has announced their new upcoming release, the innovative user-generated content program Player Studio™.

The Player Studio™ will be a software in which players will be able to download geometry for different in-game objects and by using different third party art tools, will be able to design and customize different items for their games.

When a user has created his or her own item, it will be needed for them to give this item a name and a brief description; adding an explanation about how would said item fit into the game's storyline. When this is all done, users will be able to submit their work to SOE and then, it will be reviewed by the company, and if the item gets selected and included in SOE's Marketplace, SOE will be sharing a 40% of the net amount received from the sales of the item with the creator if it.

John Smedley, SOE's President stated:

"For the first time in SOE history, players will be able to build and sell their own items, truly creating a unique, customizable online marketplace within our games.

Our goal with Player Studio™ is to provide a platform on which our players can further explore their inner gamer while showcasing their passion for the games they love."

This software is currently for US users only, and even though it isn't officially running yet, players can already start crafting their own in-game items from scratch for EverQuest and EverQuest II; as well, SOE is already working on releasing this tool for European users, yet -and as stated by John Smedley- it is very complicated due to tax and legal reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
SOE Announces Player Studio™-player-studio.jpg  
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/09/2012, 21:46   #2

elite*gold: 3
Somewhat like Valve's idea.
Old 09/09/2012, 22:40   #3

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
I posted that information as well in my personal blog: (I do this for every single article I post)

SOE's Player Studio™ seems to be the competition for Steam's Workshop, with the difference that there is no voting on the Player Studio™, and well, the fact that if the item created by any user is added, SOE will be sharing a 40% of the income they get from selling this item with the creator.
Thanks
1 User