Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 13:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

A new trailer has been revealed by Square Enix, for their upcoming title Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which is providing enough to keep this game's fans excited.

This title has been focused on the concept of rebirth; and will be providing players a whole new world and storyline, so that the game will become a huge adventure for every lover of this saga.

Something to talk about regarding Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, is the fact that even PS3 users will be able to get in the world, as well as PC users; getting the concept of MMO to be amplified by joining users from different consoles to play in the same world.

As it was announced by Square Enix, current Final Fantasy XIV servers will go offline on November 11, and all the players from them will be migrated to a Realm Reborn.

There is going to be an alpha test, which doesn't have an specific date yet, but is expected to be this winter, the whole letter that was posted by the developer team can be found here.

Attached Thumbnails
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn-ffxiv.jpg  

Thanks
5 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
PC AND PS3 users on the same MMO ? This will be a first. I cannot wait to try it out.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

What about Xbox 360?
Old   #4

As far as it was said, they just mentioned the cross-console for PS3, didn't mention Xbox, we would need to wait a little bit more to hear more details about this upcoming release.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,160
The same was done for Portal 2, PS3 and PC could speak together while xbox could not, funny tough. So i'd guess there the reason for this is just it has been done before and the solution how to do it, is there. But it could also just be Microsoft being stubborn and wants to keep there products for them self, for the sake of profit.
Old   #6

Having been a Huge Fan and Played the original Final Fantasy XI online since beta I don't know what to expect from this game. Played the original online game on PS3 and PC and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Until they chose to dumb it down to the point where it was no longer worth even playing. I.e Level syncing to any level, exp hand out (empress band) And last but not least being able to get in a raid to kill party mobs for hours and hours to level. Beyond destroying what was left of the game in order to milk peoples money till it was completely irrelevant to play (sinking ship). Hopefully when they finally release it for PS3 beyond that it was pushed back a thousand times it will not be disappointing. Maybe if the creators from World of warcraft and FFXI got together they could make a solid game.
Old   #7

FFXI had PC<->PS2 in the same world and was also made available for XBox 360.

The PS2 version severely limited the PC version, because SE "did not want PC players to have an unfair advantage". The result of this was pretty bad in congested areas, near auction house or in endgame areas during events. Even though the game is about to celebrate its 10th year anniversary (there is a concert at UC Berkley), a GTX480 and i7 980XE would only be able to produce about 3FPS. Messages could be lost when you were travelling between zones, of which there were 3 or 4 in any given city (plus outside areas), so the loss of communication was bad.

Despite those shortcomings I really liked FFXI. Naturally, when I heard FFXIV was to be released, it was exciting. The problem was that what came out was really only beta quality. Now, I know you shouldn't expect a perfect release... but if you haven't been living in a cave you probably know that FFXIV was a hot mess.

A large part of the problem was that they focused so much on innovation that it almost became more of an experiment than a playable game. Things like the "fatigue" system, lack of mailboxes, retainers (no auction house), almost complete lack of endgame content... really often simple things got in the way. Another problem was that (technical issues aside) the game was initially not very group-friendly, because they focused so much on the ability to solo this time around (something which FFXI essentially completely lacked after level 10).

They even changed the names of the races but kept them remarkably familiar. The whole thing was one giant botched effort to make unnecessary changes in favor of being able to say it is different.

Hopefully they learn from these lessons, and most importantly include playable content (not just storyline). Those of you familiar with FFXI know about the tiered Sky and Sea areas, which were fantastic: content for solo players (low-tier triggers), scaling up to full alliances. Without some kind of system like that I worry that FFXIV 2.0 is going to be the same shell of a game players experienced in 1.0.

So while the feel-good video is cool and everything, and it is nice to see they added animations and glittery noises... I hope they focused on building out the content, making the scenery beautiful (no insultingly lethargic copy/paste like Black Shroud), ensuring both group and solo content work and most importantly that the game feels like there is something to do other than just grind to max level.
Old   #8

A new trailer for the game has been released, hope you all enjoy it

Old   #9

Wasn't DC Universe Online cross platform? Came out on PS3 and PC, and I was pretty sure they could interact with each other. Could be mistaken though.
Old   #10

so few final fantasy games make it to pc that this should be worth a try
Old   #11

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,763
So you will be able to play together with PS3 users as PC gamer?