Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 17:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Guild Wars 2 Permanent Bans

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Guild Wars 2 Permanent Bans

Arenanet has given over 3000 permanent bans to players of Guild Wars 2; this has happened due to them using an exploit in game, without reporting it. This exploit allowed the users to craft high level weapons at a thousandth of it's normal price.

To solve this issue, Arenanet has had an emergency patch, which closed the loophole; and, due to the lack of honesty, players that "significantly" exploited, have been permanently banned of the game, while the ones that used the exploit on a lesser scale, got a 72 hours ban.

Lead producer, Chris Whiteside, has posted on Reddit, and I quote:

"Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.

We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.

Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars2.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not honored, we will re-terminate the account.

This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.

We look forward to seeing you in game,

Yours Sincerely,

Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet"

As well, and over Twitter, Arenanet has assured that just the ones who exploited got banned, if anyone bought items done using this method, they are not being banned.
Attached Thumbnails
Guild Wars 2 Permanent Bans-gw2_logo_small1.jpg  

Thanks
21 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 126
The Black Market: 149/0/1
Received Thanks: 1,268
people will never learn

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
Its nice that the publisher ban them.
Old   #4

As well, I personally like the fact that they are offering to change the permanent ban to a 72 hours ban if users agree to do what they ask.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

elite*gold: 1
Thats what happen to people which cant play fair. FUUUU Exploit user. GJ GW2 <3
Old   #6

elite*gold: 16
i like the GW2 Publisher

Greetz.
Old   #7

elite*gold: 20
I hope for GW2 that Arenanet will stay consistent with their behaviour towards exploiting and probably also hacking. It would be nice to see such a publisher, as most of the big mmorpgs have got quite some problems if they have to ban people.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

elite*gold: 177
Received Thanks: 1,118
Good! **** Cheaters. I think thats the right Way
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

is it really the way to go when you ban someone that simply bought a few items with karma since they were cheap? i did not buy 1000 sword and i didnt even know this was an exploit at this point. I got a perm ban for this . How fair is that?
Old   #10

It was stated by Arenanet that if you just purchased items, you are not banned, according to their statements, just people that used the exploit got banned.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #11

elite*gold: 834
3000 x 50euro+

they banned 150.000 euros+ lol
would be funny if those ppl buy another account XD
Old   #12

Received Thanks: 7,677
one of the 3000 should have give me his account....
but i hope arenanet will keep up that way of acting.
Old   #13

Received Thanks: 5,455
right decision from arenanet, those guys will never play fair
Old   #14

9 of my friends were perm banned. And they won't return I just used the exploit to try it out and luckily i got a 72h ban
Old   #15

For those who don't know, the "exploit" was a mistake from them setting the wrong prices.
Did those who used it asked themselves"it's a bug"?Maybe,but then again who would have though that they would make such an amateur mistake as setting the wrong prices.

Instead of getting cocky and trying to hide their failure,they should've apologized to the players for the inconvenience caused.
That was no bug,glitch or whatever you call it.Players used the cheap items to make tons of gold.
If pressing the buy button means you're a "cheater" then they deserve the ban.

Tags
gw2