Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 03:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Fight against SOPA?

Discussion on The Fight against SOPA? within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
The Fight against SOPA?

Hello my fellow elitepvpers! As you may know already, the US congress will take a vote on SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act). Now SOPA is made to fight piracy and defend copyrighted content, but it'll do much more than that.
Stop streaming and independent content - SOPA will not allow gameplay footage, fanart, trailers, live streaming or anything along those lines as it's all copyright protected content. So basically websites like Youtube are going to suffer the most.
Applies extreme punishments - if someone is warned ten times within six months, that someone can be punished by up to five years in jail!
Kills other websites - websites with a large amount of copyright content will be shut down, removed from search engines and even cut off from payment websites like PayPal (the previous is a rumor).
It's rather obvious where the online communities stand with this, social and service websites that make our modern day-to-day life possible threaten to black out (temporary shut down).
These websites have banned together into a unified force called the NetCoalition, which consists of these websites: Facebook, Amazon, eBay, Twitter, Yahoo, Google, Wikipedia, PayPal, AOL, Mozilla, and many more! (Honestly, what would today's kids do without Facebook, Google or Wikipedia?) Wikipedia is supposed to shut down tomorrow, and stay offline for at least 24 hours.
As I said before, it's clear on where almost every user of the internet stands, but what about the gaming society?
Companies like "Riot Games", "Epic games", "Trion Worlds" are trying to alert their players with announcements and press releases (what else could they do?).

So yeah, bottom line, don't worry when one day you wake up and find your favorite websites offline, it's not Skynet! It's SOPA!

Thank you for your time,
TheConArtist

Artikel jetzt auf Deutsch lesen:http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/mmo...l#post14832476
Attached Thumbnails
The Fight against SOPA?-sopa-stop.jpg  
Thanks
35 Users
Old 01/17/2012, 21:53   #2

elite*gold: 0
US congress got totaly f***** minds seriously thought here In Poland the gov is stupid but this case is just ... I dont find words to describe it.
Old 01/18/2012, 02:42   #3

Interesting.
Old 01/18/2012, 06:17   #4

**** SOPA!
Old 01/18/2012, 08:53   #5

Old 01/18/2012, 13:25   #6

how do we help to stop SOPA?
Old 01/18/2012, 17:33   #7

If SOPA ever passed, VALVE, Microsoft and more big companies like them are in danger itself cause VALVE has violated Miranda Project which they use it's code for VAC. Valve has broken GPL license agreement and more GPL violations which can be sued for 20 of billions. Smart companies are not suppoting PIPA or SOPA cause they have borrowed some copyright stuff from somewhere in their product which is quite famous.

It's not going to pass most likely, US Congress just need attention of Media from time to time, they have bad practice to be in talks of Media that's all.
Old 01/18/2012, 21:54   #8

The Black Market: 87/0/11
Today is the day where the internet is going to protest against this.
C'mon community. Let the war begin!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/19/2012, 00:26   #9

If SOPA and PIPA passes, it's the first step for the United States to becoming a Communist Country. Run by politicians put there by big business. The Internet as a whole CANNOT be owned by any one group of rich people. It's US the normal user (and there are Billions of us) that brought up, designed, developed, and maintain the internet. WE OWN IT, all of us. And it doesn't matter where we're from, we ALL have an equal stake in this. The last time I checked, it wasn't big business, special interest groups or lobbyists that put these lawmakers in office, (that part was for the US) WE DO. And it's our job, nay our duty to let them all know who really runs this country. So if you live in America, call, write, or email your respective Congress person AND Representative and LET THEM KNOW that you're against SOPA and PIPA. If you live in another country, let them know as well.
Old 01/19/2012, 03:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseeker69 View Post
If SOPA and PIPA passes, it's the first step for the United States to becoming a Communist Country. Run by politicians put there by big business. The Internet as a whole CANNOT be owned by any one group of rich people. It's US the normal user (and there are Billions of us) that brought up, designed, developed, and maintain the internet. WE OWN IT, all of us. And it doesn't matter where we're from, we ALL have an equal stake in this. The last time I checked, it wasn't big business, special interest groups or lobbyists that put these lawmakers in office, (that part was for the US) WE DO. And it's our job, nay our duty to let them all know who really runs this country. So if you live in America, call, write, or email your respective Congress person AND Representative and LET THEM KNOW that you're against SOPA and PIPA. If you live in another country, let them know as well.
I know right? I mean WTF. Isn't US supposed to be the beacon to freedom and what not? I know nothing of the US government(I'm not living in the US) but I bet that all the people who started SOPA are 80 years olds who have no clue what the internet is....(I may be wrong but still they are f***ed up)
Old 01/19/2012, 12:54   #11

SOPA - APOS = A Piece Of ****
Old 01/19/2012, 12:57   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixul1 View Post
I know right? I mean WTF. Isn't US supposed to be the beacon to freedom and what not? I know nothing of the US government(I'm not living in the US) but I bet that all the people who started SOPA are 80 years olds who have no clue what the internet is....(I may be wrong but still they are f***ed up)
Freedom in human right yes,
Freedom in piracy no.

Child speak... w8 until you establish own company selling product or whatever that copyrighted.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/20/2012, 10:58   #13

We most STOP the SOPA from entering our enjoyment!
Old 01/21/2012, 00:30   #14

**** **** sopa..!!
Old 01/21/2012, 01:22   #15

NEW UPDATE:

RIP SOPA !