Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Reviews > Game Reviews
You last visited: Today at 08:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Discussion on Resident Evil 4 Remake within the Game Reviews forum part of the Reviews category.

Old   #1
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: 0
Resident Evil 4 Remake

The original Resident Evil 4 was released in 2005, and it is one of the turning points in the series, because it saw the horror element move away from the Resident Evil atmosphere while replacing a lot of action. Which sparked controversy at the time among fans of the series, between those who welcomed the new blood, and those who adhered to the origins of the series and rejected the changes that occurred in the fourth part. But in the end, despite its flaws at the time, Resident Evil 4 is undoubtedly a great game.

Every new Resident Evil remake is good news for gamers, it's because of the amazing work that Capcom did on the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, adding new content and improving what both games excelled at as well as graphical and physics improvements, thanks to Capcom we have new standards To remake classic games.

Therefore, the Resident Evil 4 remake comes to us, one of the icons of horror and action games and one of the leading games in its classification, and everyone is optimistic and puts their trust in Capcom to do a great job like the previous two times - with some notes on the remake of the third part -. So did the remake of the fourth part of Resident Evil succeed in living up to expectations?

What's new in the remake? Capcom learns its lesson after the third remake!

Besides the huge graphical improvements, physics development, etc., there are quite a number of changes in terms of almost everything. In terms of story, narrative, and other aspects related to stage design and gameplay mechanics, Resident Evil 4 Remake takes the best of what was in the original, improves it, and even adds to it.

I will not be able to mention all these additions, especially the fictional ones, in order to prevent burning, in addition to the fact that they are really many, so here are the most prominent changes and additions in the remake - in addition to the graphic improvements -:

1- Redesigning and writing most of the characters and adding a new depth to them, whether through additional scenes or parts of the gameplay that were not in the original game.

2-Changing the general character of the game, from one that is often sarcastic and absurd, to another that is more serious, realistic, and appropriate to the atmosphere. This was done by completely improving the voice acting for almost all of the characters, while removing some of the sarcasm the original game was famous for (don't worry, the Bingo phrase is still in the game).

3-Improved Almost all gameplay systems, such as the crafting and upgrade system, and the inventory system, are smoother and easier to handle.

4-The most prominent improvements in the gameplay are the use and aiming of weapons, so that the system has become in keeping with modern games, and is even one of the best among them, after it was greatly limited in the original game. There is also the possibility of parrying enemy strikes and missiles using a knife, in addition to the possibility of crouching and sneaking behind enemies.

5- Ashley no longer has her own health bar, and the player can command her to stay out during battle, or follow him when running away.

Pros & Cons
Pros of Resident Evil 4 : Remake:

1- Fantastic graphics and physics. Capcom's RE Engine shines brightly in the fourth remake. Besides the stunning graphics, the physics are also quite impressive. Enemies' limbs can be separated from their bodies and their weapons removed from them in a wonderful way, and Molotov cocktails or explosives can be shot while they are in the hands of enemies to explode on them, in addition to the physics of the projectiles and the elements of the environment in general, all of which deserve praise.

2-The splendor of environment design and its diversity from stage to stage. Each section of the game has a special character, and once you enter each new section, you will feel the difference. Not only diversity, but the very design of the environments is pleasing to the eye.

3-The story adaptations are exactly what Resident Evil 4 needed! The original game enjoyed a good story, but it lacked a lot, some of which were well-known shortcomings, and some of them were details we didn't know we needed. This is exactly what the remake does well, redesigning many characters - visually and dramatically -, and adding details between the lines that weigh down the backstory and storyline of the world.

4-Improved voice acting for all characters, and Nick Apostolides continues the journey as Leon. After successfully remaking the second season, Nick Apostolides returns in the fourth remake. The voice acting of almost all of the characters was one of the main issues in the original game, if you listen to the dialogues you will get the feeling that some random people are reading lines of speech. That probably wasn't a noticeable problem in 2005, but now, story games have just as much art in them than movies. So almost the entire cast was replaced and it got better by a huge margin.

5- Addictive fun gameplay. When you are eager for the next confrontation and want to engage as quickly as possible, in a tense and terror-tinged atmosphere, know that you are in front of a game of maximum fun. This has been my case for almost the entire period of play, and despite the lack of variety of enemies, the variety of weapons and the fun of using them, along with the quality of the crafting system and the inventory, make the gameplay very interesting.

Cons of Resident Evil 4 Remake

Frankly, the Resident Evil 4 remake is one of the games that needs to be scrutinized for a long time to come up with one significant flaw. Even after playing the full story and some side content and then starting again in New Game Plus mode, I can't say for sure that there is a single significant flaw. However, for the sake of fairness, there are ineffective defects, which can - without any doubt - be overlooked, and they are:

1- The camera angle is crazy in some situations. For example, when fighting standing with your back against a wall, the camera gets more random and Leon completely disappears from the screen. Personally, this didn't significantly affect my experience, and I rarely found myself in that situation. It is worth noting that it is easy to solve such a problem with a future update, and I hope to add a FOV Slider to change the extent of perspective in general.

2-The inclusion of a stealth system is a welcome addition. But its actual reflection on gameplay is almost unimpressive. Don't expect that you will be able to get past one place even by stealth alone, but at the most you will kill an enemy or two while you are undercover. This may not be a concern for many players, as Resident Evil has always been doing well without the stealth element to begin with.

That's when looking at it as a new standalone game, not as a remake. Because when evaluating the game as a remake and looking at the original, it can be said that it is perfect.

Conclusion

Whether you are an old fan of the game or have never played it before. This is the golden opportunity to experience one of the most important games in the history of the industry. Just don't expect that you're going to experience a pure survival horror game. Action character is definitely the dominant atmosphere of the game, with some horror and tension.

It took me a very long time to do this thread, hopefully I would hear some positive words from y'all and also let me know if you liked the game? did you find it addictive the way I did?

All the love!
Thanks
6 Users
Old 04/21/2023, 15:29   #2
Trade Restricted

Quick Update:

The Resident Evil 4 remake free downloadable content (DLC) “The Mercenaries” is now available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 via PlayStation Store, Xbox Series via Microsoft Store, and PC via Steam
Old 08/03/2023, 11:53   #3

great review
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2023, 14:39   #4

elite*gold: 35
Old 08/17/2023, 00:39   #5

Looks good
Old 09/20/2023, 15:58   #6

looks nice
Old 10/15/2023, 11:14   #7

The Black Market: 115/0/0
A little bit late but, i just got my hands on and i have to say beside the graphical improvements i really prefer the original one. Played it on the Nintendo Gamecube
Old 10/30/2023, 14:11   #8

Wow, looks great, i should give it a try.
Old 11/02/2023, 21:47   #9

I'm a true fan of this franchise so I'll definitely give it a try)
Old 02/07/2024, 09:22   #10

havent played it yet but watched some walkthrough. will play when gt time for sure.
Old 02/11/2024, 19:03   #11

So far, I have thought every remake of Resident Evil has been very well made.
This Resident Evil 4 also looks very good and I will definitely try to play it.
Old 02/14/2024, 20:20   #12

elite*gold: 182
havent played it either looks fun tho
Old 02/15/2024, 04:36   #13

Bought it last year but never ended up playing it. This convinced me to give it a go lol.
Old 03/03/2024, 16:43   #14

not what i expected
Old 03/06/2024, 12:33   #15

Thanks! It's a great review. I'll give it a try

Tags
game, review