Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Crysis 3

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,565
Crysis 3

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution

-The Good-

Beautiful visuals that present a unique mix of the natural and the industrial.

Each weapon, including the new bow, is a pleasure to shoot.

Open levels and nanosuit powers provide combat flexibility

Entertaining multiplayer modes.

-The Bad-

Remarkably easy, all the way to the end

Lacks the standout battles of earlier games in the series

AI is easily exploited

THE BORING REVIEW

The game’s main setting – a “Concrete Jungle,” post-apocalyptic New York overrun with lush foliage and fields of grass is testament to that – blending Crysis 2’s dull urban landscape with the tropical location from the first game. Those hoping for a return to that jungle’s free-form adventures will be disappointed.

Crytek has never really been known for their storytelling abilities, but this time they've really made an effort to give the crysis series a good, eye-catching story. It’s still not a good story, but it’s told really well thanks to Prophet actually taking part in dialogue. It’s in the little things, like actually being able to see his feet, or his knees when he’s crouched – and the fact that you can see him communicate when he's talking and the fact that he moves his hands when he speaks to people that helps pull you in to the world and its narrative.

In the end, Crysis 3 is an addition to the Crysis series which completely blows the other two games out of proportion. With Crysis 3's revolutionary graphics, It's beautiful story telling and the heart pounding action, it seems like no other game on PC could ever compare.

Overall Rating

For the beautiful graphics and breath-taking action this game gives you, I give it an 8/10. Not higher because the game at points is just too easy to complete, and it feels like the developers focused more on graphics than they did core gameplay.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
#Approved

Being a follower of the game, after playing every PC release of Crysis, I have to say that I really want to play this game whenever I have the money and (if) it gets released for PC over Steam

Old   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,487
Well, Crysis series always had been more about the graphics than anything else.
It being easy is a positive thing to me since I'm a casual gamer. And graphics are the second most important thing about any game I' check out, it either has to be realistic or have a non-cartoonish charm.

Thanks for the review, so far you did a good job on explaining your reasons on rating it and maybe I'll go buying it soon.

Maybe next time you should add more pictures related to what you're willing to explain about the graphics or have a short video to be explained here. I haven't checked out other game reviews on here yet, so I can't tell whether this was done by other's.

Greetings Lasch24
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
#Approved

Being a follower of the game, after playing every PC release of Crysis, I have to say that I really want to play this game whenever I have the money and (if) it gets released for PC over Steam
Dont think that it will ever be on steam, EA wont allow that but origin is not that bad, the downloads much faster than steam

Old   #5

The Black Market: 171/0/0
Thanks for this awesome overview of the game.
Old   #6

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmater View Post
Dont think that it will ever be on steam, EA wont allow that but origin is not that bad, the downloads much faster than steam
Sadly, due to issues I had with them I won't use Origin again in my entire life
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasch24 View Post
Well, Crysis series always had been more about the graphics than anything else.
It being easy is a positive thing to me since I'm a casual gamer. And graphics are the second most important thing about any game I' check out, it either has to be realistic or have a non-cartoonish charm.

Thanks for the review, so far you did a good job on explaining your reasons on rating it and maybe I'll go buying it soon.

Maybe next time you should add more pictures related to what you're willing to explain about the graphics or have a short video to be explained here. I haven't checked out other game reviews on here yet, so I can't tell whether this was done by other's.

Greetings Lasch24
I also agree that the Crysis games have been more focused on visuals rather than gameplay, but Crysis 3 really does focus on It's story, visuals and gameplay all in one to make an amazing game.
Old   #8

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I also agree that the Crysis games have been more focused on visuals rather than gameplay, but Crysis 3 really does focus on It's story, visuals and gameplay all in one to make an amazing game.
That is what i call made in germany. Not that **** from USA.

MfG Scutz
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scutz View Post
That is what i call made in germany. Not that **** from USA.

MfG Scutz
I don't understand? :P
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

elite*gold: 15
Quote:
I don't understand? :P
Crysis is from a German production team
Old   #11

Well crysis 3 is still more so on appearances then the fine details of storyline. What it was lead to believe was to be similar to crysis 1 in story line quality. What it really was, a storyline that wasn't completely executed to the full extent like in number 1. A lot of people assume that since there is a bit more dialogue then number 2 that, the extra dialogue that was added in the cut scenes mean it is really "story driven". Yes it had more dialogue then two but It wasn't anywhere near developed as much as number 1.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoShintaxo View Post
Well crysis 3 is still more so on appearances then the fine details of storyline. What it was lead to believe was to be similar to crysis 1 in story line quality. What it really was, a storyline that wasn't completely executed to the full extent like in number 1. A lot of people assume that since there is a bit more dialogue then number 2 that, the extra dialogue that was added in the cut scenes mean it is really "story driven". Yes it had more dialogue then two but It wasn't anywhere near developed as much as number 1.
It's not supposed to be as developed as the first one I suppose, since the first game is the one which began the story.
Old   #13

Quote:
It's not supposed to be as developed as the first one I suppose, since the first game is the one which began the story.
Well according to the developers they said that they would return to the roots for the storyline since they lost a good amount of their fans from 2. So it was epexected to have at least a close amount of story like 1 but it never had remotely the same amount of story as 1.