Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Reviews > Game Reviews
You last visited: Today at 18:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mass Effect 3 Hardcore Fan Review

Discussion on Mass Effect 3 Hardcore Fan Review within the Game Reviews forum part of the Reviews category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Mass Effect 3 Hardcore Fan Review

The latest installment of the Mass Effect series (oh noes). I'm sure a lot of people have heard so many things of Mass Effect 3 by now. Most of which would be complaints about the plotless end. Well as of a couple days ago Bioware has released the DLC that gives further explanation of the game. With that being said I shall give a Review on the game as whole including that... Mass Effect 3 shows how techonolgy has advanced for gaming over the past few decades. It shows that games are now turning into "movies" offering thrilling, and intense cutscenes that actually have real actors doing the voices. Mass Effect is known for the freedom player's have with the choices of their characters. Mass Effect 3 continues with that system where you are put into many situations where you have to decide on what your character will say/do. Every choice that is made gives a consequence (not as much of an impact as Mass Effect 1 or 2). Mass Effect offers real emotion behind the CGI animated characters. Emotion that makes a big amount of players feel for certain characters. It does what games should have done in the first place. It is easy to get attached to the supporting characters and your character in mass effect. Be prepared to choose your type of game style and embark on the journey that will leave you wanting more! Choose from the 3 main settings (action, Story, and Rpg). You can change those settings at any time during the game. Bioware introduced the co-op mode for multiplayer which is similar to Firefight with a dash of horde. It's 11 rounds of madness and is basically a game on its own! The more you play of the multiplayer the more assistance you get in the storymode. The more assistance you get the better chance you will get the "good" ending. Mass Effect 3 is for the following systems: Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Another good thing about Mass Effect 3 is that Every DLC except the 1st one is free. All of the multiplayer DLCs and the Extended cut are free.

Male Sheperd, Liata T'soni, and Kaiden.

Sheperd and crew up close to a Reaper.

One of the DLC Packs. (came with new characters, skills, maps, and game modes.)

Summed Up Back Story:
The reapers have decided that it is time to wiped out all the civilizations in the galaxy since each civilization that has become to advanced gets wiped out every 100 or so years. Sheperd must gather as much help as possible to fend off the new threat. As Sheperd goes off to get as much help as possible he finds out secrets that could save earth from being destroyed. Sheperd must quickly find a way to stop the reaper menace. As he finds that way things just get complicated, as sheperd will have to shutdown Cerebrus permantly since they want to "control" the reaper forces. This is one last run on the normady, it will be a fight for everything!

Pros:
-Detailed Customization from the beginning of the game with your character and decent customization with armors and weapons.

-Tons of skills to learn from each class, enough to keep one busy.

-The game offers 35+ hours of gameplay in storymode.

-Dialogue isn't cheezy. The dialogue between characters is simply brilliant. It isn't that cheezy acting that games are known for it was real quality acting. It brings the player into the game and makes the player feel for the characters.

-The connection between characters were nicely laid out. You could tell the emotion between the characters and how they felt for each other.

-The game has some boss fights were it requires a bit of skill to get around but not a lot. It's just the right amount of skill needed so you won't get stuck on it too long.

-The side quests offered great significance towards the main story. If you did a quest before another quest it might effect a quest later on.

-Each of the character's had their own personalities. They each were original in their own way which is nice to see.

-The gameplay isn't stiff like a lot of third person shooters.

-All of the quests were a bit unique on what had to be done in order to finish them.

-The cuts cenes were amazing. They were graphically astonishing, and weren't at all cheezy. You could tell that Bioware put a lot of work into the CGI in both game and in cut scenes.

-No matter the times you beat the game you always find something new. Like a few fun facts about certain characters or events.

-Bioware hid some hints deep within the storymode to hint towards their future Mass Effect projects. (which is such a brilliant idea).

Cons:

-There wasn't as much of a choice system compared to the other games.

-The consequences didn't have as much of an affect like it did in the other games.

-Sheperd talked on his/her own. In the other games Sheperd only talked when you told him/her too. New people might not see that being a con but that takes out some of the feel of sheperd being "Your own" character.

-There are a few bugs during the campaign that are noticable.

-The DLC for special character, should have been apart of the game because it explains a HUGE chunk of the story.

-The Romances weren't real enough. Like you can get into a relationship in this game but you don't really go anywhere. You kind of just talk, get to know the character, "date" then before the last mission sleep with that person. In the first ME1 you did a lot more (not sexually). You kind of established more of a bond with the character.

-There should be choices at the end when Bioware introduces a new character in the last 10 minutes of the game.

-Half of the ME2 characters aren't recruitable as allies...

-You were given more allies in the past two games.

Basic Score:
Graphics: 9.7
Sound: 9.8
GamePlay: 9.8
Lasting Appeal: 9.7

Overall Score:
9.75/10