Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > Foreign Games
You last visited: Today at 02:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Yu Gi Oh Online <.<" ] hacking theory.

Discussion on [Yu Gi Oh Online <.<" ] hacking theory. within the Foreign Games forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Yu Gi Oh Online <.<" ] hacking theory.

my nephew recently started playing an online game, yu-gi-oh online duel accelerator it's called and he asked me if I'd help him out by hacking it.
I declined the offer since I'm really bad at coding and anything else that
requires ANY skill so I'll just post my theories here for people who are interested
in trying them out or to call me an idiot for making obvious errors..

1) since this is a card game, in which the goal is to acquire some cards that can be used as a combo in order to win, I figured that all cards should have an ID linked to them. from here on the tought grew of changing this ID to an ID of another card in order to have, instead of that one card, another card who might be more usefull. I'm not sure this is do-able since the protection on this is probably pretty heavy, but let me know if you try this out anyway.

2) the game is actually just invented to let people buy 'codes' with real money in order to get new cards, it's a huge scam I'd say... there are only 2 ways to get new cards (not counting trading and renting) and that is NPC trading. the NPC asks for 50 cards in order for you to receive one. here I had the idea of sending packets to the server, so that it thinks you've put in 50 cards for the trade, when you've actualy only put in 1 card...

3) another way to get cards is to beat NPC characters. you have to win about 7 times in order for you to receive a card, since I doubt that that's server-sided, I figured this should be easy to edit (yes I know, I should try this myself cauz it's easy, but I can't be bothered).

4) before a duel starts, the players play rock paper scissors in order to decide who gets the first turn. yet again I had the silly idea of figuring out a way to read the server data in order to be able to see what your opponent picks and decide accordingly, but then again, I don't have any idea on how that would be possible so ignore this...

5) I've seen it on many games; a hack that can D/C your opponent, I'm wondering how that works, and if it would be possible in this game too

well these are my ideas, so, go ahead and try some stuff out, I'm hoping to see this game getting hacked soon. Oh, also, since I bothered typing all this in english, I hope you guyz bother replying in english too, since I want everybody to be able to understand this/your comments. If I'm being a total retard in my ideas, feel free to tell me too, not that I'll give a d*mn but still, freedom of speech...