Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question about Flyff.a / Flyff.b

Discussion on Question about Flyff.a / Flyff.b within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question about Flyff.a / Flyff.b

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get (Merge v2) to work for my server but I'm having a few issues/questions when trying to work with it.

I have enabled __SECURITY_0628 in my source.

So a few questions.

1. When I use the Mergev2 from the resources, the flyff.a it generates is empty. While the flyff.b file has the hash (but a very short one). Is this intended or am I doing something wrong?

2. I have the following Resource.txt in my resources but when I run mergev2 it overwrites this resource.txt file and creates its own. How can I tell the merge v2 to use the resource.txt I want?

I assume I have to do it in the Merge List Creator but I don't know exactly in what format it expects it.

3. Can I use the merge tool just for using it on my data/datasub resources and not for the world/texture etc. Or does it only work for all the resources combined?

4. After trying it out and putting the flyff.b in my program folder next to the certifier and flyff.a in my client folder next to neuz, Whenver I try to connect I get a 'version mismatch' after running the merge2 tool and copying the contents from flyff.b to flyff.a to make sure both files are the same. Any idea what can cause that? I made sure the ID_MSGHR in the code is the same everywhere aswell.
Old 12/13/2017, 07:50   #2

Use the original merge.exe instead of "V2"

Then modify your resource.txt. If you only want the data(sub).res included, remove everything else from there.
Old 12/13/2017, 08:14   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valron View Post
Use the original merge.exe instead of "V2"

Then modify your resource.txt. If you only want the data(sub).res included, remove everything else from there.
I thought about that, but I don't have the original merge2.exe and whenever I try to look for it online I only get links to the new version. If anyone wants to upload it I'd def give it a try.
Old 12/13/2017, 08:22   #4

You can find it in almost every Files/Source Release in the Resource Folder.

Just put it in your Resource Folder.
You'll also have to create a new folder "ResClient" next to the Resource folder, where the RES Files will be created.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2017, 08:42   #5

Alright thanks for the quick upload, I didn't really want to try to download like a 100mb source just to see if a 5mb exe in there though.