Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Disconnecting while minimized

Discussion on Disconnecting while minimized within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Disconnecting while minimized

Hey everyone,

After implementing the minimize/exit buttons in my neuz and also disabling the //Pause code when being minimized my client still tends to disconnect after a few minutes. Any ideas what this can cause? I am working with a v15 base.

My code:
Code:
            if( SIZE_MINIMIZED == wParam )
            {
#ifdef __NONE_CUSTOM_CURSORs
                if( m_bClipCursorWhenFullscreen && !m_bWindowed )
                    ::ClipCursor( NULL );
#else
                ClipCursor();
#endif
                //if( m_bClipCursorWhenFullscreen && !m_bWindowed )
                  //  ClipCursor( NULL );
#ifdef __ZHICHIZUIXIAOHUA
                //Pause(true); // Pause while we're minimized - disabled
#endif //__ZHICHIZUIXIAOHUA
				m_bActive = false;
                m_bMinimized = true;
                m_bMaximized = false;
            }
Old 12/07/2017, 19:16   #2

elite*gold: 50
add heartbeat paket
Old 12/07/2017, 19:54   #3

elite*gold: 50
Also call FrameMove once in a while.
Unless you want a huge amount of sudden SFX/movement to be thrown into your face when maximizing.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/08/2017, 19:10   #4

elite*gold: 294
You can create a timer when the client goes into the minimized state, to run the FrameMove() and handle network traffic. This allows the user to continue following, moving, and lets the user receive updates. And then simply kill the timer when going out of the minimized state.

If the client is Maximized and Minimized, it won't run WM_SIZE, so in that case you can kill the timer on WM_QUERYOPEN.

If you you plan on adding the released code to not freeze the window while moving, just holding down the window enters a 500ms delay due too other stuff that needs to be ran. You can ignore this by changing the non-client windows messages, Ie: WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN. You can send a hittest, and use functions like GetCursorPos, SetCapture to the hwnd to get the point of the cursor. By setting a boolean, you can determine that in this state the window would be moving. Then handle the change in position in the client by updating the position with SetWindowPos by using the offset of points from the mouse cursor movement with the mouse move windows messages. Simply on the button up, you would set the bool flag to false. Thus, skipping some extra windows bulk and the client will always render while doing this.

Just a "for your information", if you send a hittest to the window while planning to move the client, in the fashion that I mentioned, you will need to also determine the wparam, that way you don't move the client by pressing the buttons. And you would need to check if a window steals focus to stop the manual movement which I do by just checking WM_ACTIVE with the loword of wparam being WA_INACTIVE.

Just by messing with the windows messages, a lot can be possible.
Thanks
2 Users