Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Flyff x Unity - A new Masquerade

Old 02/19/2018, 22:33   #46

elite*gold: 10

ALOT OF STRESS LATER AND WE HAVE THIS

**** NETWORKING

Old 02/24/2018, 21:10   #47

Very Very VERY GOOD NEWS.

Things that I thought would be impossible to do, where I spent weeks and weeks on trying out things and nothing worked... do work now I wont talk about the details here. But I was an idiot and now Im not anymore.

Some comparison shots (textures in before are low quality because that was the only (fast) way I could make this comparison, and who cares)

And the comparison in pictures.

Darkon 3 Before/After

Darkon Before/After

Flaris Before/after

Discord:

Thanks to Yothri for helping me stay sane the past few days, so I wont go crazy because of all the **** flyff is doing ._.

Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/14/2018, 17:33   #48

Eh, I'm still alive, got a new job, had no time for this project, but I've got some now and will start working on it again

Updated the thread a bit, but I really suck at it, I think its better then before? Oh well.

Next Update I will post should be smooth world loading, who would have guessed that streaming a big open world is not so easy as I thought, of course I can make it work easily, but I don't think 5 FPS is playable no?

So yeah, a lot of learning and tinkering, I got it to be perfect 80% but there is still a little "lag" hiccup when loading new chunks . Wish me luck.

And there is still the issue with importing the .sfx files hehe... but It's not impossible, importing works since long ago, but showing them is something different. I either "convert" the information I get from the .sfx and make it work with Unity's Particle System, or I write my own particle system? I think the first method is easier and actually possible for me.

Other then that, no "big" issues exist, a lot of stuff has been done behind the scenes, here and there. So as soon as world loading works perfectly, I can start putting everything together and we will see bigger and faster updates on this project
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2018, 19:53   #49

Loading the worst case, aka WdMadrigal, with heights,textures added and painted, and colormap and all important .lnd information always took minutes, after some tweaking I got it to 70 seconds.

But behold.

Actual world loading now only takes 6 seconds

I could not be happier.

Maps like DuFlMas, or any other map rather then Madrigal basically loads instantly.

Today's been a good day boys.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/24/2018, 14:53   #50

Because I have nothing else to post about, I redid the original psot to make it look a bit better.

Also because my whole project is a big clusterfuck I decided to FIRST plan things and work on them till completion, dont ask what I have been doing before :/

Got some new "features" or rather ideas, wrote a parser for some files and converted them to .json. because why should I keep the stupid system flyff has to handle everything.

After working for hours with the specitem/propitem I also decided, Im doing it form scratch, I dont need to copy everything.
So im planing the whole item system before doing anything else, but because I dont know much about flyff, I have to play it a bit and check out all the things ._.

But yeah, I dont want to remake Flyff 1 by 1, I'll make it better in every way I can. Redo all the systems etc.

But again, first im going to plan everything and do it slowly and organized. Alot of stuff is done, if you have been following discord/youtube etc and I only need to slowly merge everything together.

Oh yeah, dynamic terrain chunk loading based on the players position works really good now
The only "big" thing still is the whole sfx thing but yeah, its not that important as of now.

Thanks for beeing supportive
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/28/2018, 14:13   #51

Restructured some files, more json stuff.

Started working on a tool to add/edit and manage the items in my new propItem

Still in WIP, going to add more filter options and quick ways to add stuff, compare items and use stats from other weapons to easily created new stuff.

Doing good progress with setting up the infrastructure of my project.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/28/2018, 15:34   #52

elite*gold: 0
Looks extremely promising.

Nice job honestly and don't give up on it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2018, 15:44   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushpoie View Post
Looks extremely promising.

Nice job honestly and don't give up on it.

Thank you

I'm trying my best to stay motivated.
Old 04/30/2018, 20:29   #54

Ayyy

Animation -> Sound is working now

No big text here, just alot of suffering and some random bonus pics, people love screenshots?

For more weird screenshots and me talking about how much I hate flyff, join the discord server
Discord:

Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/12/2018, 23:48   #55

Eh.

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/23/2018, 00:27   #56

Still alive!

Starting working on it this weekend again, check discord for up2date news and stuff.

Going to post updates here too, but only "bigger" ones

« Some questions | Voting System. »