Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need some advice on windows server

Discussion on Need some advice on windows server within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need some advice on windows server

hi Elitepvpers,

I need some advice with an Server.

What i have atm is this

AMD Quad Core 3.2GHZ
16GB RAM
100/100 MBps

Current system Windows Server 2008

Now i am going to upgrade it to this
Processor remains the Same
64GB RAM
500/500 MBps

Now onto the next thing i am configuring the server with VMWare Workstation so its acting like an VPS Host. It will Host some games/Websites

Now my question is what kind of Windows would be better
Windows XP x64
Windows Server 2008/2012 x64
Windows 7 x64

The VPS for websites will be running on Linux.

Why i also have Windows XP x64 on the list is because it doesnt put an lot of stress on the system. In my experience Windows XP is still faster then Most new systems.(except Linux).

With kind regards
Old 10/07/2013, 09:58   #2

elite*gold: 59
Windows Server 2008/2012 x64
I think both of them have Hyper-V (this is the native windows virtualisation)
if you need help with that you cann add me skype: eragon-tobi
Old 10/07/2013, 11:11   #3

elite*gold: 0
I am running windows server 2008 atm.
So it aint hard for me to turn on Hyper-V. So i dont need help with that.

However what should i run on the Virtual Machine?
Windows XP x64(For less resource use Such as RAM/HDD space)
Windows 2008 x64
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Those are the Versions i have atm.

I am thinking of Running Windows XP x64 to run some Flyff Servers on it for testing purpose.
Since XP uses less then the other systems.

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Server Advice
07/07/2013 - DarkOrbit - 10 Replies
So I've had my main acc on GA2 for about 3 years now, played on and off for a couple months at a time for most of that time (I haven't been very dedicated and I don't play for long periods of time). But since GA2 is one of the most populated and older servers, it's become pretty much impossible for me to progress in rank or hunting ability now, because there are way too many dedicated players who've been passionately playing for the same amount of time that I have, and too many botters, adding...
Privat server advice
04/15/2013 - Metin2 Private Server - 2 Replies
Hello!!!knows somebody a private server like Metin2Master?i mean a private server that have a lott of new maps, new bosses, very important to be in english,or italian,or spanish not german,which have dragon coins ticket,and maybe that if is possible to have few players on max lvl....i mean only 2,3 not 50 players on 250 lvl...i want to have new items, and max lvl to be 250,255,225...and rates something like 200-300 with a lott of events, to be something that you must to work if you want to be...
[Advice] Before you advertise your Server...
01/10/2012 - Shaiya Private Server - 4 Replies
As almost everyone here on epvp Shaiya Section knows, Shaiya has changed alot in the past Year. Not only the original, but also Private Servers. epvp was my favorite Place, actually it still is, where we shared Infos about P-servers, everyone found a new Home. But we all know this: Money is more important than fun, at least for many many people out there. So some ppl started to open multiple Servers to earn more Money by Players... that was not a big Problem. But now, some ppl (not...
Best Advice for a New Server?
03/20/2009 - Silkroad Online - 4 Replies
All right, im planning on making a new char on the next new server because all my stuff on the server i now play on is gone. Is the best way to get started to bot as much as i can and hope for nice drops to sell? The last time i started a new server was when i first started the game. How do i begin a new server and rise to the TOP? :D
server program need advice
01/31/2008 - Private Server Advertising - 0 Replies
whats the best server program to host aa little windows 98 racing game with about 16 connecters to it and minamize warp ?