Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Stuck Creating Character

Discussion on Stuck Creating Character within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Stuck Creating Character

Hello. I am having some troubles creating a new character. So I have like 1000+ characters in game already.

And some new players cannot really make new character. I am thinking this probably cause in the database, but I’ve checked my database if it is full or high MB, but it is not..

Any suggestions where should I look too? Thanks in advance!

Add: Some other peeps can create character and some others cant.
Old 07/24/2020, 12:06   #2

elite*gold: 2
Errorlog?
Old 07/24/2020, 14:39   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by netHoxInc View Post
Errorlog?
Literally no errorlog that exists when doing that. Reason why I dont have any leads. I cant even do debug because it just dont make any errors lol.
Old 07/24/2020, 15:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMorningStar666 View Post
Literally no errorlog that exists when doing that. Reason why I dont have any leads. I cant even do debug because it just dont make any errors lol.
Not sure then, could be alot of stuff, just think about what can be different per pc, things like language, encoding,operating system. Maybe ask ur users for their pc specs, maybe you notice something.

Worst case if you have such special cases which you cannot debug on your Maschine, an idea could be to ask for an image file/Backup and apply their OS on your mashine, rhis way you could atleast notice if its hardware or software related. NOTE: this is just a theory i never did that before.
Old 07/28/2020, 06:58   #5

Up. I need more advices... thank you
Old 08/01/2020, 08:27   #6

Up
Old 08/03/2020, 06:58   #7

Help! Me too
Old 08/03/2020, 18:28   #8

What exactly happens when creating a character?
Old 08/03/2020, 19:48   #9

I personally, if i couldnt find what it causes by code logic, would implement debug messages, you could for example let the packet that gets send from client to server to create the char be dumped into a txt file, maybe encrypt it somehow if you feel like that not secure. The ask for those from some1 who can create and some1 who dont create and
compare differences between them, if there's none, you will atleast know the problem is on the server side. Then again you can continue to add debug messages there aswell. (Can even filter with player id or whatever.).

Just ideas~
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2020, 14:05   #10

Hello. So I found out when a player uses number on their character, they can’t create. And its like the server blocking it for some reason when there’s a number on their creating character.

But when there is no number on their character, they are freely to create their character...
Old 08/04/2020, 20:21   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMorningStar666 View Post
Hello. So I found out when a player uses number on their character, they can’t create. And its like the server blocking it for some reason when there’s a number on their creating character.

But when there is no number on their character, they are freely to create their character...
Where did you try to place the numbers? At the beginning? End? Middle?
Old 08/05/2020, 03:14   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'P!nkBeatzz' View Post
Where did you try to place the numbers? At the beginning? End? Middle?
Actually it don’t really matter where I put the number...
Old 08/05/2020, 23:22   #13

elite*gold: 51
Maybe check DB limits.

which visual studio version do you use?
Old 08/07/2020, 12:10   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen Tequila View Post
Maybe check DB limits.

which visual studio version do you use?
I do using 2017 vs. Ill try go check my db thanks!
Old 08/09/2020, 01:25   #15

Received Thanks: 1,669
Sounds like a possible restriction in CHARACTER_STR 'I1' code block.

A restriction in IsValidPlayerName could also be possible. In clean v15 code, character names cannot start with a number.
If a Letter_XYZ.inc or Letter1_XYZ.inc exists, a restriction could also be possible here.
Thanks
1 User