Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 16:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Skittles-XIV (Position Tool)

Discussion on Skittles-XIV (Position Tool) within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Skittles-XIV (Position Tool)

I've finally decided to release my Position Tool to the public.
I don't play the game much anymore, but will be updating it regularly, or if anything ever breaks. I will be adding a bunch of functionality to this soon, and also taking requests for features.

Current Version: 1.33 [Patch 4.3]
Currently only supports DX11.
I do not plan on adding DX9 support unless it's extensively requested.

[Changelog]
[5/22/18]
Updated for Patch 4.3

[3/16/18]
Fixed for Patch 4.25
Added Eureka Support

[2/17/18]
Added Teleportation Functionality
This gives you the ability to Add / Remove / Teleport to stored locations per zone.
Select your Region -> Area -> Saved Teleport Point

Get it here:

Old 02/04/2018, 21:06   #2

elite*gold: 110
what positions are we talking about?
Old 02/04/2018, 22:23   #3

what does this do exactly?
If it moves your character to a position.. why? whats the point in that? Since you can just run or fly somewhere in 2mins.
Old 02/05/2018, 00:37   #4

Programs like this are often used to easily reach difficult places or places you're not supposed to be able to reach. I've seen people using one to mine from underground and jump immediately from point to point in order to maximize their haul.
Old 02/05/2018, 05:21   #5

You can push yourself through gates, skip parts of dungeons or raids, explore areas you're normally not able to, etc. I recently used it to check which door was the proper one in the map portals. I'll eventually be adding way points to warp between per zone.
Old 02/06/2018, 16:45   #6

Anyone tried it yet?
Old 02/08/2018, 08:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittlesTools View Post
You can push yourself through gates, skip parts of dungeons or raids, explore areas you're normally not able to, etc. I recently used it to check which door was the proper one in the map portals. I'll eventually be adding way points to warp between per zone.
How exactly do you see which is the proper? I assume you mean aquapolis and hidden canals?
Old 02/09/2018, 05:31   #8

Correct.
You'll have to find out by popping through the doors! =)
Old 02/09/2018, 12:07   #9

I've not been able to use the tool since the key provided doesn't work
Old 02/09/2018, 13:10   #10

How would that even work? The correct door is chosen server-side the moment you open one of them. Until you've chosen a door, the path to the next level doesn't even exist, it gets dynamically inserted when the server decided you can proceed.

You can't even cheat by teleporting to the next level, because monsters and loot only spawn when you've opened a door on the previous level.
Old 02/09/2018, 16:40   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerzdream View Post
I've not been able to use the tool since the key provided doesn't work
Your key has been activated, and should work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrudeMetal View Post
How would that even work? The correct door is chosen server-side the moment you open one of them. Until you've chosen a door, the path to the next level doesn't even exist, it gets dynamically inserted when the server decided you can proceed.

You can't even cheat by teleporting to the next level, because monsters and loot only spawn when you've opened a door on the previous level.
Maybe I just got insanely lucky then, but I was able to get every door correct after pushing through the door and sliding down, then returning to the previous room. Like I said though, I don't play much anymore, and there's more uses for this than just that area.
Old 02/18/2018, 01:48   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by awly View Post
Yes.

Despite the uncomfortably long activation time after purchase the tool seems to do what's been advertised. You can teleport around in small steps by clicking those buttons on the GUI.

I'm not really sure how this could be used. Basically you can glitch through anything but I've heard SE has taken more actions against duty cheating. It's always nice to get into those impossible areas but be careful not to do that in front of a big audience.

I know some games save your location history if you've been reported so your movements can be played back. I'm not sure if it's the case in ffxiv though because the report functionality is a bit different.
I made a program like this for FFXI back in it's prime as well.
I have tested this very extensively in both FFXI and FFXIV.

The server doesn't recognize a "jump" until you move over 10 steps, which is why I have the default setting on "1", and the next step up is "5". Anything past that will be obviously noticed by other players. Jumping 1-5 at a time, makes your character look like they are walking/running to the new location.
It can, however, look like you are lagging if you skip around a bit or tap the position buttons as you're running.

Same goes for going vertical! You can float 5-9 off the ground and you will be standing on the ground for other players, go above that, you disappear on their screens.

The new Teleport feature is completely obvious though, do not do that in front of others, unless you trust them.

Currently there is no active anti-cheat functionality built into the game. Some one would have to report you, or you would have to be seen doing it by a GM, but would still have to prove it's a 3rd party application and not just a glitch in the game.
Old 02/19/2018, 17:54   #13

So expensive for a program that just moves you around. Not to offend the author but I find no purpose for this program in XIV. In XI there was a purpose, because you could move to the NM and claim loot before anyone else could get to them. Not so much with XIV, when the player can move freely as is and no need to rush to that monster claim anymore. The author states that it can be used on maps to find correct door but others dispute this. I think I'll just save my dollar and believe the other players who are not trying to make a buck on others. Thx for the program post, wish you the best.
Old 02/22/2018, 03:07   #14

I don't see the difference in people paying monthly subs for bots. At least this program is only a single charge and they give us free updates. I like to get to hunts faster with it, but I haven't tried using it on maps yet.