Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 12:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Free FFXIV Fishing Bot, works with v2.3.5

Discussion on Free FFXIV Fishing Bot, works with v2.3.5 within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/30/2019, 18:59   #946

elite*gold: 0
Same, i'm sure the tug names are different now after expansion.

Old 07/02/2019, 11:04   #947

elite*gold: 35
I'm going to try to update the bot today, had some problems with ridiculous long queues. It's expected not to work after such a large upgrade as the bot scans the code to find the pointers it needs, and if the code changes then yeah..

Thanks
14 Users
Old 07/04/2019, 13:29   #948

The update would be much appreciated
You do some fine work and the bot has been nothing but flawless.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2019, 04:31   #949

looking forward to that update, right now i would be happy even if all you did was make it so it stops ignoring the unknown tug types

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/06/2019, 00:54   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemeow View Post
looking forward to that update, right now i would be happy even if all you did was make it so it stops ignoring the unknown tug types
Yeah apologies for the delay, there is more broken in the bot than I had time to fix, forexample the chat log reading is completely off.

Technical explanation: The bot scans the in-memory gamecode to find the pointers it needs. Scanning of the code for pointers makes the bot more robust against small patches (since pointers usually move with any code change, but most of the code rarely changes between patches), but the downside is when the code does change I need to find the updated/new code that reads or writes to the pointers (or near the pointers) that I need, and this takes a little bit of time.

I have allocated Saturday to finishing fixing the bot, so expect an update tomorrow.

EDIT: The bot has now been updated to work with v5.0.0 of FFXIV. Let me know if you encounter any bugs.
Thanks
20 Users
Old 07/07/2019, 01:15   #951

Just came and this will help me to catch up Thanks StolasZagan keep up the good work and have a great weekend !
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2019, 02:29   #952

This is pushing the wrong buttons for me, they're on hotbar 1 but for example cast is 1 and hook is 2, and it's trying to hook first but when I switch them it casts. Is there an order they have to be in now?

edit: it's working relatively now with cast on 2 and hook on 3, but it's not finding patience, even when I put it on every spot on hotbar1 other than cast on 2 and hook on 3. double edit: and to confirm, not using any custom macros or different hotbar numbers. Tested with abilities freshly placed on hotbar since some have changed as well.

another edit: ok this is just weird now. Logged out to log onto an alt, logged back to my main character, and now it's trying to do cast on 1 and hook on 2 and no other options. working now that I moved them to 1 and 2, still not finding patience or patience 2. Cleared 2nd hotbar and made sure all the abilities were on 1st, still messed up...tried again with no changes and it tried to hit patience at spot 0 3x and stopped, moved things around and it's finding patience at 0, and precision hookset at 9...but there's never been any indication before things needed to be in a certain order.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2019, 17:14   #953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistairetheblu View Post
This is pushing the wrong buttons for me, they're on hotbar 1 but for example cast is 1 and hook is 2, and it's trying to hook first but when I switch them it casts. Is there an order they have to be in now?

edit: it's working relatively now with cast on 2 and hook on 3, but it's not finding patience, even when I put it on every spot on hotbar1 other than cast on 2 and hook on 3. double edit: and to confirm, not using any custom macros or different hotbar numbers. Tested with abilities freshly placed on hotbar since some have changed as well.

another edit: ok this is just weird now. Logged out to log onto an alt, logged back to my main character, and now it's trying to do cast on 1 and hook on 2 and no other options. working now that I moved them to 1 and 2, still not finding patience or patience 2. Cleared 2nd hotbar and made sure all the abilities were on 1st, still messed up...tried again with no changes and it tried to hit patience at spot 0 3x and stopped, moved things around and it's finding patience at 0, and precision hookset at 9...but there's never been any indication before things needed to be in a certain order.
Thanks for letting me know! You are not alone in having this issue and I think it is related to how it finds the character to read the hotbar from. I'm working on redoing the hotbar detection to also allow custom keybindings, but it will take a little while.
Old 07/12/2019, 00:28   #954

Version 3.5.0.0 has been released. This release contains new and more in-depth ability (hotkey) detection and should fix the issues people have been having with the bot not properly activating abilities.

As always, let me know if you have any issues with this new version.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/12/2019, 09:33   #955

Thanks for the update.
Mooch II is on a 180sec CD, but the bot keep trying to activate it on every proc.
Old 07/12/2019, 09:42   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybee View Post
Thanks for the update.
Mooch II is on a 180sec CD, but the bot keep trying to activate it on every proc.
Hey

What language is your game in?
What keys is your mooch ii ability on?

Feel free to PM me
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/13/2019, 21:02   #957

Hey thanks again for always keeping this guy up to date. I was wondering it was at all possible to have the bot target certain fish for use with identical cast?
Old 07/14/2019, 21:59   #958

A little thing I feel like I need to point out for anyone else: the bot seems to only work if your hotkeys are actually mapped normally onto the first/second rows

I have my rows moved around quite a bit so my 1,2,3,4,5 etc. are on bar like 4 or 5.
Work around is easy enough - im just glad to see something working!

Keep up the good work Stolas!

edit: for reference ive provided my debug log whenever I did try putting the skills on my firstbar but my 1,2,3,4 keys were on bar 5

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/15/2019, 22:19   #959

Developmental question, how difficult would it be to implement an exclusion list you can add to use surface slap? In the example of stormfish, when you want predators and sweetflesh oysters.
Old Yesterday, 06:07   #960

need identical+bounty for certain fishes!

Tags
bot, ffxiv, fishing, fishing bot

« FFXIVMinion Bot - Grinding, Questing, Crafting, Fishing, PVP, Assist and more! | - »