Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 00:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Black Friday Sale - Mining Bot

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
I just got on my computer to send emails and was procrastinating by checking the forums. your email will follow shortly

Old   #17

hi, just a quick question, didnt really want to email you over it. Im just wondering if its possible to mine in areas in which the grade of node is higher level than your lay of the land, Ie, lay of the land 3, which is grade 3, isnt til level 18, but im sub 18 and not really able to get decent sp.

Old   #18

No, while the logic isnt impossible to implement, it would involve a lot of running to no end. There are 50+ nodes in a zone, and maybe 6 spots up at a time, 3 of which have to be done in a certain order. It would be a monstrous waste of time. Just let the bot run and you will notice the levels come faster than you expect.
Old   #19

hmmm all the nodes disappeared even when i check the back up... my hours of precious work ; ; any fix boss?

Old   #20

There are 3 back up files, .b1 .b2 .b3, Unless you ran the bot three consecutive times without noticing the error that was my only plan for keeping all your work safe!

(Please recheck your backup without opening the bot, each time you open it the bot shifts .b1 > .b2, .b2 > .b3, and removes the old .b3)

If you have opened the bot multiple times and all 3 backup files are useless you can do the following:

It sounds like you said you lost the nodes themselves, I presume this means you still have all of your route files. If you did a decent job at making routes (If the bot ran for you you did!), you could reconstruct the Node list using the first and last points in the Routes File.

The Route from Node 1 to Node 3 will be labeled 1-3, so first point should correspond to the mining point 1, and the last point to mining point 3. So you will add an entry to the Node List
Number_of_nodes=3
x1=(First point's x from Route 1-3)
y1=(First point's y from Route 1-3)
x2=
y2=
x3=(Last point's x from Route 1-3)
y3=(Last point's y from Route 1-3)

If you dont keep the points in order from when you created the node list (for example, you put Point1, Point3, Point2) you can press smooth and add, this will rename all of the routes to correspond to the proper points even if you changed which point was which! (In the example above, that means that Route 1-3 would be renamed Route 1-2 after running smooth and add)

Hope this helps!
Old   #21

I went ahead and redownload it and rerouting now. Now I got another question sir. I check the node viewer and it shows my aggro area (red) but when the bot run into the zone it stays unstealth and gets killed. I am wondering if its my computer because I dont restart it often.
Old   #22

the bot indicates at the stealth area whether stealth is on or off, make sure that the bot corresponds correctly (if it says on makes sure stealth is on).

Restarts are never a bad thing if something is going wrong!
Old   #23

thanks and darn it i am just full of questions sorry here is one more lol. Is there a way to skip a node. it is now occupied by NM that is above the stealth.
Old   #24

your best bet is to run to the farthest away node (just click the node in the list that is farthest away, bot will run there and resume botting) If you are lucky, bot will start a new 3 node rotation on the other side of map.
Old   #25

Just purchased if you can email me.
Old   #26

I was wondering, which stance will you take when the game monthly fee will start in January ?
  • continue to play and do some update on the various bot
  • totally abandon the game and laid the bot to waste
Old   #27

Charging for the bot is serving the purpose of paying for the game to continue supporting my bots.
That said, when mining and crafting are completely redone from scratch, so must be most of my work. As stated above there is a very good chance I will abandon the mining bot if the amount of rework requires too much of a commitment as I simply don't have the time I had when creating the bot. Initial development took months of learning how the game operated and the best way to go about each piece of the overall picture until I finally had every piece needed to make the fully functional mining bot.
Crafting is slightly different, it currently requires minimal memory reads to work, if the update increases the complexity it may take a while to get the bot operational, if complexity is the same then it will just be modification of when to send key presses.

*Please note that update on December 14 will break the mining bot. I would recommend no one making purchases until the bot is functional again (just makes sense to not give someone money when they cant give you a product). Depending on the scale of the update offsets could take a considerable amount of time (last large update took 72 hours) to find as the bot uses about 8 distinct memory reads. I will remove the bot from sale 2 weeks prior to the big update that will overhaul gathering and synthesis as there will be an indeterminate amount of time for their recovery.
Old   #28

Why what the upcoming patch break the mining bot?
Old   #29

bot reads memory to get information it needs to operate. upcoming patch will change where in memory everything is located. I will have to refind them, update the bot, and then everyone can bot happily again
Old   #30

This tool was awesome. I used it during your trial. I thought I would bring one thing up that may be enhanced.

The tool by default only displays 53 nodes. I found a total of 56 nodes in Iron Lake. Once the nodes exceed 53 a scroll bar appears which makes it impossible to do node to node maps on some of those easily, especially if those nodes are not lit up.

Could the display be raised to 60 just to be on the safe side in future versions?

The other thing I would wonder at is if using Chocobo could be implemented?