Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 13:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

OttoBot - Crafter/Fisher - Free

Discussion on OttoBot - Crafter/Fisher - Free within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/17/2012, 18:53   #151

elite*gold: 0
Hi, not sure if this is just happening to me or not but on v0.8.8 Jig on nibble does not work for me, it continues to wait even when the option is checked; this is not a problem on v0.8.7 but on that version bot gets stuck on waiting when i move my mouse when its running but works fine long as i don't touch anything while its active.

P.S. Great Bot Singular, keep up the good work^^
Old 01/18/2012, 05:13   #152

One of the greatest programs I've ever used for any game! Thanks for your contribution SC

I'm having a lot of issues with the bot as of last update (especially fishing) - similar with what KayEx said.

These are my current timers:

Fish menu selection to widget settling delay: 2000
Fishing clean up period duration: 3000
Fishing input widget settling delay:1500
Fishing inter jig delay: 1000
Waiting for fish delay: 4000
Waiting for fish short delay: 2000
Waiting for jig results delay: 6000

Bot randomly stops/waits for an extended period of time. Sometimes I also get a "failed" message at the bottom.

If anyone has ironed out the delays, please post what works for you.

Thanks for any help
Old 01/18/2012, 20:12   #153

is anyone able to fish up those matters when it shine pink? The bot just spam wait when the effect is on. D:
Old 01/18/2012, 20:36   #154

Are your timers similar to mine abboi?
Old 01/18/2012, 22:59   #155

Thanks for all your work so far SC, you have really created something amazing!

Just a random question though, will we be receiving updates post 1.2b patch?
I read somewhere that you have not renew'd your sub.

If not, how can we remedy this? I am not ready to lose Ottobot!
Old 01/19/2012, 09:20   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Are your timers similar to mine abboi?
its at default.
Old 01/20/2012, 00:13   #157

No work after 1.20b as always
Old 01/20/2012, 06:18   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxivbotdownload View Post
Thanks for all your work so far SC, you have really created something amazing!

Just a random question though, will we be receiving updates post 1.2b patch?
I read somewhere that you have not renew'd your sub.

If not, how can we remedy this? I am not ready to lose Ottobot!
I found someone else on campus who is paying to play. I don't have as easy access to test changes since they want to use their computer for other things. I know, shocking. So for now I will still update Otto but it may take a few more days between now that classes started up again.

I am hoping to post an update this weekend. Some of the scans take a long time so Friday nights are a good one to do that, since that is social time here and he should be okay with me using his computer through the night.

In any case, it is good to keep working on Otto as I can probably work it into a resume some day

Quote:
Originally Posted by abboi View Post
is anyone able to fish up those matters when it shine pink? The bot just spam wait when the effect is on. D:
I will have to try and catch this as i never unlocked the ability before. I will see if my 'friend' has it unlocked and if not see bout getting it so I can try it out. I apologize for not having done this before as I never really played enough to need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
One of the greatest programs I've ever used for any game! Thanks for your contribution SC

I'm having a lot of issues with the bot as of last update (especially fishing) - similar with what KayEx said.

These are my current timers:

Fish menu selection to widget settling delay: 2000
Fishing clean up period duration: 3000
Fishing input widget settling delay:1500
Fishing inter jig delay: 1000
Waiting for fish delay: 4000
Waiting for fish short delay: 2000
Waiting for jig results delay: 6000

Bot randomly stops/waits for an extended period of time. Sometimes I also get a "failed" message at the bottom.

If anyone has ironed out the delays, please post what works for you.

Thanks for any help
I have an changed the fishing state timeouts to be more independent of the state timers, like the waiting for fish delay, but if you could PM a medium or low level debug log that would help to see if the problem is something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEx View Post
Hi, not sure if this is just happening to me or not but on v0.8.8 Jig on nibble does not work for me, it continues to wait even when the option is checked; this is not a problem on v0.8.7 but on that version bot gets stuck on waiting when i move my mouse when its running but works fine long as i don't touch anything while its active.

Does the log have any entries it that say something about nibble only, waiting for fish? This shows the logic checked the flag properly but also means the problem may be harder to spot. A low or medium level debug log would help if you can PM one to me. Otherwise I will have to wait until I get the 1.20b support updates in to get people running again.
Old 01/20/2012, 06:29   #159

Sure thing. I'll debug as soon as it starts working again!

Also, I have a friend who demonstrated some bots he wrote for a FPS game in a job interview. His boss was extremely impressed and hired him! So what you said definitely isn't a lie SC :P

edit: In version .7 this issue never occurred with the fisher. So it's kind of strange.
Old 01/20/2012, 06:31   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunks View Post
Thx SC. I will try it.

One question though, I have extracted the bot and launched it (its not an installer version) then navigated to the timer tab. I have found that waiting for fish short delay is set to 4000. Should I change this to 2000?
If you have run a prior version of Otto, the new version will preserve your settings, that is, if the new version has a different default value, it will not be used since Otto sees your old settings.

One way to fix this is to delete your user.config from your AppData folder. NOTE: do not delete the OttoBot.exe.config as that is the source for starting values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEx View Post

As things seem to go, Visual Studio did not update the event handler when I changed a method name so this disconnected a couple checkboxes, Jig on Nibble and Bait Required. I will fix that and it will be in the next update. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 01/23/2012, 01:27   #161

Any news about new version?
and thanks for your work
Old 01/23/2012, 03:40   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugata View Post
Any news about new version?
and thanks for your work
OP updated with v0.8.9.0.

Highlights:
  • Updated for game client 1.20b.
  • Moved chat prompt options to Chat tab.
  • Added log clipboard copy button to Log tab (just realized I forgot to test it ).
  • Moved randomize timers option to Timers tab.
  • Updated the help and about files.
  • Added fishing option to ignore a pools state (or not).
  • Added general fishing state timer. Value default may seem large but if too small will result in Fingerprint of the Gods causing timeouts due to the additional animation sequence.

Please PM if you have an issue with pointer chains as some of the chains would not drop below 50k candidates. I will continue to prune the lists but it might take an additional week as I do not have easy access to the game.

SC
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/23/2012, 15:37   #163

SC, I have noticed in mining, harvesting, and crafting that the widget itself has a single byte, 0 or 1, that indicates if the GUI is non-responsive (due to an ability proc, or just any user initiated action), If you condition your bot to wait while the byte is active, you can negate the need to use so many separate timers, and never have to worry about bot getting off track because of ability procs or just any unanticipated additional lag.
Old 01/23/2012, 16:19   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
SC, I have noticed in mining, harvesting, and crafting that the widget itself has a single byte, 0 or 1, that indicates if the GUI is non-responsive (due to an ability proc, or just any user initiated action), If you condition your bot to wait while the byte is active, you can negate the need to use so many separate timers, and never have to worry about bot getting off track because of ability procs or just any unanticipated additional lag.
The fishing part of Otto uses that byte. The fishing timers are so that I am not just polling all the time which is really so that the debug log doesn't get as cluttered with a bunch of low level status checks. When the low level log says open and ready/not ready it is checking that byte.

I could remove the waiting for fish long and short but was trying avoid all the low level log entries (by waiting for other checks until that time). I could also filter a no change in log message. Up until the last update to Otto, the timers were also used to monitor state timeouts which made them more required. The recent update to Otto added in a distinct fishing state timeout timer so I could just remove them. This might be the case come the next update but then again, laziness is sometimes hard to avoid .

Now if I could find some similar status bytes for crafting then I could remove a bunch of those timers as well. So, if you know some....<cough> <cough>

SC
Old 01/23/2012, 16:31   #165

elite*gold: 20
Once again, super job done here SC!
Just a small question, since I think it would take a shitload of work to make it possible but.

Any idea's on a miner / botanist bot which will walk him self? i.e. you record 3 positions, and it will keep running from A to B, from B to C, and from C to A again and so on.

Perhaps it can record the keys pressed i.e. you have to do it 1 time your self (the walking) after that it will repeat the walking including the mining process.

Best regards,